Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

First Wave of UD Game Dated Moments...

2017-18 Game Dated Moments are now available on Upper Deck e-Pack!
    Collect new cards every week showcasing some of the biggest milestones, achievements, debuts, or over-time thrillers from the previous week in NHL action!
    These cards are only available for one week so make sure to get them before they skate away!

Cards are $4 each with purchase of any other ePack product.

Get 'em now on ePack.
    Last edited by RGM81; 10-13-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

$10 for a card is a bit pricey for a unnumbered card. $4 for the card, $3-4 for the pack that is most likely all base or a crappy insert, and $2 to ship from COMC.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Go with MVP, only $2.50...and who only gets one card shipped from COMC?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've actually never bought or put anything on COMC, so for me it would only be additional money spent one way or the other.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a Canadian that has to be cost conscious with anything coming out of the US, I usually load up at least 15-20 cards before requesting shipment. Keeps the per-card cost way down on shipping. I was really hoping for a Drouin shootout goal here, but alas, perhaps this weekend a Habs player will magically score a goal. LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

$10 for a card is a bit pricey for a unnumbered card.

I agree it is a bit pricey for a single card. And as the resident Pessimist, or as I look at it -- "Revealer of Reality," cards like this are never "worth" it, if you are worried about the money. There have been numerous prior examples of special cards like this, and they never turn out to be "money makers." They will never be worth more than you pay for it. So do not purchase one if you are thinking about "investing" in it. These cards should only be purchased by people that want it merely for the collectability or because they want every card of their particular player or team. So if you are a Connor or Ovi fan or live in Las Vegas and just started your hockey card collection, then by all means, go ahead and get one. But don't ever think Hischier's card is going to be worth more than his Young Gun because it "came out first."

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's not about the investment aspect of it. I am looking at is as a person who would think about (depending on who is on the cards/what they are commemorating) buying a card. My big issue is the idea of it being a base card they are selling you for $4. There isn't even the possibility of a parallel to 25, or 5, or 1. Heck, throw a sticker auto (they have to have extras of some players) in there randomly as a "incentive" to purchase some of the cards.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not gonna be too many Hischier autos from UD this year, sadly.

And you know that if they were gonna make chase McDavid autos, we'd be paying at least double for the opportunity.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

If they really wanted to inspire people to buy all of these GDM cards, they'd make them $1-2 each. At $4 per, it's $16 per week times the length of the season plus playoffs - 36-37 weeks = 144/148-card set costing $576-$592 (not sure if the 25-cent shipping fee will apply, so could be $612-$628) and they are providing a grand total of SEVEN incentive cards. The incentive cards from ePack have been disappointing IMO as far as resale value goes, so that's not much of an incentive. The total cost is a good percentage of the budget even for avid collectors. Plus, we don't know what these look like in-hand! Are they high-gloss like the old GDM inserts used to be, or just another slightly thicker card? The design is OK but nothing particularly impressive.

I was honestly picturing a 99-cent pack when they announced it. As it is, I will only be buying the McDavid cards and any PC players that come up. Even though these cards will only be available for a week, I'm sure there will be a handful of dealers buying 100+ of each, resulting in more than enough supply. It will be a $100 set (sans incentives, $150 avec) by end of next year.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Week 2 has now been released:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast