Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Country
    New York Yankees Kansas City Royals

1990 Donruss is one of my favorite junk was to open. While the cards are not worth much the error cards in high grade have really been heating up. Another favorite of mine is any of the Fleer Ultra brand. They scratch so easily, or have dinged corners or are off center. Hard to find nice high grades in those. Plus the photos are really nice. Same with a lot of there inserts. There’s a lot of nice cards in there. Another great junker is the Flair inserts. Those to hold great potential if you score high grades. There packaging idea was really stupid. Cards were in a cellophane wrap and in a box that lets the cards just move around and get dinged corners and scratches. There’s some great finds in junk.
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals Oklahoma City Thunder Kansas City Chiefs
    See wizardofoz82's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

1990 Donruss is one of my favorite junk was to open. While the cards are not worth much the error cards in high grade have really been heating up. Another favorite of mine is any of the Fleer Ultra brand. They scratch so easily, or have dinged corners or are off center. Hard to find nice high grades in those. Plus the photos are really nice. Same with a lot of there inserts. There’s a lot of nice cards in there. Another great junker is the Flair inserts. Those to hold great potential if you score high grades. There packaging idea was really stupid. Cards were in a cellophane wrap and in a box that lets the cards just move around and get dinged corners and scratches. There’s some great finds in junk.

I just snagged 2 boxes of 1993 Flair yesterday that I'm going to break sometime soon with the intention of building the set. It's not worth much and there aren't any good rookies in it (can't believe they missed on Jeter) but it is one of my favorite all time sets.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, and Jeff Bagwell.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

Country
    New York Yankees Kansas City Royals

SCF Rewards
    Country

1990 Donruss is one of my favorite junk was to open. While the cards are not worth much the error cards in high grade have really been heating up.

I've always liked this set too. Glad to see the error cards are getting attention again. It was always a blast to open for me but in 1998 the set became hot again because of the Sosa in the set but those have dropped like a rock over the years.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

I just snagged 2 boxes of 1993 Flair yesterday that I'm going to break sometime soon with the intention of building the set. It's not worth much and there aren't any good rookies in it (can't believe they missed on Jeter) but it is one of my favorite all time sets.

Well 1989 score missed out on griffey jr rc. I have the whole set.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    my for trade website can be seen here: Hidden Content
    My for sale on eBay:Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome!

I agree with the other commenters. There's definitely a fun factor and a nostalgia factor in buying old packs of junk wax, especially for those of us who grew up collecting during that time. Recently I bought a box of 1988 Score Baseball for those exact reasons. Although the collation was pretty crummy (sometimes I'd pull the same two or three players in a row from one pack to another!), it was still a whole lot of fun opening the packs. I remember how excited we'd get when we'd find a Bo Jackson, Mark McGwire, or (gasp) a Gregg Jefferies rookie card. Good entertainment and a fun walk down memory lane for less than $20. Can't really beat that.

The error cards from that era are also great. And plentiful. Anyone else remember the reverse-negative Dale Murphy in 1989 Upper Deck? Or the entire 1990-91 Pro Set hockey set? Yeesh.

SCF Rewards
    Country

93 jeters othwise most are trash

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome!

I agree with the other commenters. There's definitely a fun factor and a nostalgia factor in buying old packs of junk wax, especially for those of us who grew up collecting during that time. Recently I bought a box of 1988 Score Baseball for those exact reasons. Although the collation was pretty crummy (sometimes I'd pull the same two or three players in a row from one pack to another!), it was still a whole lot of fun opening the packs. I remember how excited we'd get when we'd find a Bo Jackson, Mark McGwire, or (gasp) a Gregg Jefferies rookie card. Good entertainment and a fun walk down memory lane for less than $20. Can't really beat that.

The error cards from that era are also great. And plentiful. Anyone else remember the reverse-negative Dale Murphy in 1989 Upper Deck? Or the entire 1990-91 Pro Set hockey set? Yeesh.

I second the notion about errors and variations. Some sets have variations that are STILL being discovered today.

Also, Gregg Jefferies
    Last edited by CardsAndPhils; 10-18-2017 at 10:01 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals Oklahoma City Thunder Kansas City Chiefs
    See wizardofoz82's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Welcome!

Lol the entire Pro Set anything. There were always more errors in their sets than correct cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fun replies to read, thanks fellas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12