Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale

Thumbs down 2017 ud toronto maple leafs centennial

Man if I were a Leafs fan ... I would be majorly disappointed in these autos from this set.
    Pretty damn ugly. Hope they look better in person ...

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

They do.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

The product is HORRIBLE. Bought 1 case. Regret it now. Oh how I regret it.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I have not seen the cards in person.... while I thought the Auto checklist was pretty underwhelming, I thought the pics looked pretty good.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays
    See AG1181's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My Ian Turnbull TTM auto is below, for context. I'd expect much better for an official product, but I guess you're at the mercy of the player, and what kind of day they're having.

I'm a huge Leafs fan, but still haven't pulled the trigger on any Centennial yet. Seems to be plenty of inventory floating out there, if I want to get involved.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Their age would also be a factor. Even some of the absolute best / consistent signers of all time (I'm thinking specifically of Howe & Beliveau) had their signatures degrade in the last few years they signed. Turnbull would be in his 60s now? I don't want to get into the speculation game - but he may not have as steady a hand as he did when that IP auto was signed?

Of course you may have had that card signed 2 months ago... and your comment about mercy of the player, and what kind of day you they were having, could also be bang on. That would be true of any set, I guess?

My Ian Turnbull TTM auto is below, for context. I'd expect much better for an official product, but I guess you're at the mercy of the player, and what kind of day they're having.

I'm a huge Leafs fan, but still haven't pulled the trigger on any Centennial yet. Seems to be plenty of inventory floating out there, if I want to get involved.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Little off topic - but I'm curious about this one:

Does anyone know how many of the players in the autograph set had never signed for a card company before? Had never signed for Upper Deck before?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Little off topic - but I'm curious about this one:

Does anyone know how many of the players in the autograph set had never signed for a card company before? Had never signed for Upper Deck before?

Someone posted somewhere else about this. Big ups to UD for being able to secure these players for some autographs, as I'm sure the autograph fans will enjoy it, even if the masses might not know/care about the players as much.

Here is the list they gathered:

Bob Neely
    Dave Hannan
    Jim Morrison
    Daniel Marois
    Mike Walton
    Pat Boutette
    Pat Hickey
    Peter Ihnacak
    Tom Fergus
    Terry Martin
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See darbscard88's Items on eBay Instagram:

Maybe I’m alone but I’m actually really enjoying the set. Mind you I am only really going for the base set and have just buying a couple packs here and there, but overall like the design of the base cards and how they mention the era that the player played for the Leafs. Also enjoy the inclusion of Carlton the mascot- going to try and rainbow him :). Really too bad about no Sundin and Keon but it is what it is.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Maybe I’m alone but I’m actually really enjoying the set. Mind you I am only really going for the base set and have just buying a couple packs here and there, but overall like the design of the base cards and how they mention the era that the player played for the Leafs. Also enjoy the inclusion of Carlton the mascot- going to try and rainbow him :). Really too bad about no Sundin and Keon but it is what it is.

I have similar thoughts. I may try try some Belfour's when the prices feel right.

I'm glad UD was able to get this set out in the first place. At one point, I believe, there was plans to not release this a Leaf Centennial boxed product at all, but smaller Leafs Centennial sets within products. So, in the end, while it may not be a perfect product, I really like what is in it. Plus the designs do look great IMO.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 10-18-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast