Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feedback needed - Building a Hobby Shop Database

I am working on a form that will allow members to add in their favorite Hobby Shops. I have some structure established, but I would like to get some feedback from you all on what information you would like to see included

I have
    Store Name/Location
    Telephone
    Website URL
    eBay Store
    Facebook Page (I need to add twitter)

Store Hours broken down by day

If they sell singles and/or host breaks.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
    Scott
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    Shipping done on Saturdays for all Addresses
    ---
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

2. Check out the deal at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Great idea!

I think you've got the bases covered pretty well. The only other thing I can think of adding is whether the hobby shop specializes in anything (e.g., trading cards, comics, vintage, modern, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Thick McRunfast View Post
    Great idea!

I think you've got the bases covered pretty well. The only other thing I can think of adding is whether the hobby shop specializes in anything (e.g., trading cards, comics, vintage, modern, etc.).
    I like that idea.

I could add it as a field to allow the user to free form some of this information

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    ---
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Maybe possibly the owner or manager of the store (if you know their name?).

Quote Originally Posted by key2win View Post
    Maybe possibly the owner or manager of the store (if you know their name?).
    Along with contact email

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    ---
    ---
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

good idea if people travel can find a shop if visit that area

My thoughts:
    Breakers.tv channel link
    Which nights they typically break (checkboxes)
    Check boxes of product offered (I hate when I get to a store and they don't sell hockey, only Football and Baseball) including non-sports
    Instagram (I don't use it, but I know many breakers/shops do to show off hits)
    If they have a monthly pack war or trade day/night

Quote Originally Posted by baltman View Post
    good idea if people travel can find a shop if visit that area
    I would love to have a map, but I think a list of states and Provinces would suffice

Quote Originally Posted by sparty07 View Post
    My thoughts:
    Breakers.tv channel link
    Which nights they typically break (checkboxes)
    Check boxes of product offered (I hate when I get to a store and they don't sell hockey, only Football and Baseball) including non-sports
    Instagram (I don't use it, but I know many breakers/shops do to show off hits)
    If they have a monthly pack war or trade day/night
    I love the products offered check boxes - great call

the breakers.tv link is something I would rather generalize to either Youtube/Breakers/Twitch or something along those lines.

I will get this built out and work on getting this opened up to you all to fill out.
    ---
    ---
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

I like all of the mentions of what products, singles/boxes/breaks etc, but I think a field such as "Best Known For" would be good. For example, using Buffalo as an example Dave & Adams obviously would be your go to place for boxes, but their singles are weak. On the other hand a place like Center Ice or Bases Loaded has a substantially larger singles selection. So maybe a "Best For" whatever product you'd definitely go there for.
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by geschrocks33 View Post
    I like all of the mentions of what products, singles/boxes/breaks etc, but I think a field such as "Best Known For" would be good. For example, using Buffalo as an example Dave & Adams obviously would be your go to place for boxes, but their singles are weak. On the other hand a place like Center Ice or Bases Loaded has a substantially larger singles selection. So maybe a "Best For" whatever product you'd definitely go there for.
    I think this might be better served as a free form text field to allow the submitter to put this in. Additionally, I am looking to find a hack that will allow for comments / feedback to be provided about that shop.
    ---
    ---
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast