Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

UD Shows Off Slick New The Cup Autograph Ticket Booklets

These are magnificent...

Good luck to anybody chasing these beauties!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Absolutely gorgeous!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

These are great! The area that the autographs are on is bland though.

Beautiful idea, but because they made them booklets put it in an overpriced product like The Cup instead of making them a regular card in a lower-priced product, it's not in my budget. I know I am in the minority on this (and I am happy to be so) but The Cup is a turnoff in and of itself. Cost, sensitivity to damage, and generally higher asking prices are factors in why The Cup fails to count me as a collector of that particular set.

I think they could have done this in card form and put it in a cheaper product - SP Authentic perhaps - and not booklet form. Put the player picture on the side, put the ticket in a vertical opening, and have the player sign the top or bottom of the card.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I love this idea. These ticket stub booklets look fantastic and the autograph inscriptions are icing on the cake.

Brilliant!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What is really going to make people crazy is the pricing. The cost of each will be dramatically different than the cost of every other one, simply because of the ticket and the game it represents. Like for Ovi's, one is a home game where he scored his 1,000 pt against PIT, while the other is a road game against BUF where he just got the GWG. I would say the first is way more significant, and it will catch a premium over the second, even though they are the "same" card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Those are absolutely gorgeous. Maybe I will get lucky and pull one.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

What is really going to make people crazy is the pricing. The cost of each will be dramatically different than the cost of every other one, simply because of the ticket and the game it represents. Like for Ovi's, one is a home game where he scored his 1,000 pt against PIT, while the other is a road game against BUF where he just got the GWG. I would say the first is way more significant, and it will catch a premium over the second, even though they are the "same" card.

I agree! Especially if the collector was at said game as well. That could play a factor as well I think.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Especially if the collector was at said game as well.

Well, at least I will never have to worry about paying big time for one of those Ovi Stanley Cup Finals booklets.
    Last edited by Sharky94; 10-19-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I have tried tracking down significant ticket stubs from my PC player's career for a while (it's not something I search for often, but every once in a while).

I certainly didn't start this when the stubs were current(ish).

It's impossible to do. Getting a McDavid ticket stuff shouldn't be tough for UD... but I'm not sure where they'd even be going to look for the stubs used for some of those retired players.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

and meant to add.... I really like the concept. I am also not a huge fan of booklets, for the same reason I am not a huge fan of slabbed cards, tallboys, or minis. I want uniformity in my collection, I want to be able to display lots of stuff together - and changing the size messes things up.

That being said, I think the booklet concept is entirely appropriate here. I'm guessing the serial numbering reflects the amount of cards they made for that player.... not how many cards they got from 1 stub. If 1 stub = 1 card (and that's how it looks to me) and it also looks like you're getting a nice big piece of that stub, then having a "jumbo patch window" for that one-time use is entirety appropriate, I think.

That still gives you the other side of the book for the player, a signature, and (sometimes?) and inscription. In recent years I've though "big deal" about the idea of inscriptions... I think it's over done, and I don't really care to see someone write "Go <<insert my junior hockey team name >> Go!". Does nothing for me as a collector.

When you see stuff like "3x Stanley Cup Champ" I really don't get the point?

You're making a card out of the ticket stub of a specific game.. getting a comment from the player, relating to the significance of that game for them, that is cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast