Thread: GMA Grading Review

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

GMA Grading Review

This is a GMA Grading Review from a customer. I have been a customer of theirs (GMAGRADING.com) since this year. Contrary to what others say they do not give out straight 10's. I find their grading to be very good. I have recieved some cards with a grade of authentic because they were chewed up. I got some cards in 8.5. Their turnaround is superb usually one week. The cases are good, comparable to PSA. Did I mention its only .50/card ( autographed/ relic cards). Now I think they shouldn't jack the price to for an autograph. The biggest problem I've found so far is that they don't have good resale value. I'm happy with their service. BGS lost a Judge autograph I sent them. They are also more expensive and take longer to return cards. PSA has been good to me. They are more expensive. I've graded about 150 cards with GMA. For .50 I'm grading cards with them but I might start just grading cards that are staying in my PC (personal collection for those who are new like me.)
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    my for trade website can be seen here: Hidden Content
    My for sale on eBay:Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is a GMA Grading Review from a customer. I have been a customer of theirs (GMAGRADING.com) since this year. Contrary to what others say they do not give out straight 10's. I find their grading to be very good. I have recieved some cards with a grade of authentic because they were chewed up. I got some cards in 8.5. Their turnaround is superb usually one week. The cases are good, comparable to PSA. Did I mention its only $2.50/card ($10 autographed/$4 relic cards). Now I think they shouldn't jack the price to $10 for an autograph. The biggest problem I've found so far is that they don't have good resale value. I'm happy with their service. BGS lost a Judge autograph I sent them. They are also more expensive and take longer to return cards. PSA has been good to me. They are more expensive. I've graded about 150 cards with GMA. For $2.50 I'm grading cards with them but I might start just grading cards that are staying in my PC (personal collection for those who are new like me.)

Sorry about them "losing the Judge" since we all know an employee probably pocketed it. But you are correct that BGS has become UNBEARABLE with the wait times. If you don't pay for their guaranteed service you might be looking at a several months wait for a turn around which is totally unacceptable for newer cards.

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

Get a 7 on it and your card might be worth less. IDK why GMA cards dont carry even a small premium. As a buyer its good for me but when I want to sell that is more difficult.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I personally believe that if a grading company were to make their grading policies and processes transparent to the consumer, then they would control the market. Then you say, well people will just knock them off. Yes, but if you do it long enough and gain enough credibility than people will flock to you. It's getting old looking at your cards and thinking that you have a BGS 9.5 only to end up with a BGS 8.5 or 9 instead.

UPDATED Football Auto FLICKR: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I personally believe that if a grading company were to make their grading policies and processes transparent to the consumer, then they would control the market. Then you say, well people will just knock them off. Yes, but if you do it long enough and gain enough credibility than people will flock to you. It's getting old looking at your cards and thinking that you have a BGS 9.5 only to end up with a BGS 8.5 or 9 instead.

The problem with that and grading in general is that Beckett grades cards and then controls the book value. So of course they are going to value their grading service higher than anybody else. It is a clear conflict of interest.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

The problem with that and grading in general is that Beckett grades cards and then controls the book value. So of course they are going to value their grading service higher than anybody else. It is a clear conflict of interest.

Well I subscribe to Beckett magazine. I think their prices are good for trading. Ebay sold listings is a better indicator of hiw much money you can actually receive from the sale if a card.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app