Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thumbs up If every player ever had a "holy grail" rc - values?

Hey all,

I was just thinking how cool it would be if every player ever had one and only one, true 1/1 auto'd NFL shield RC that was his "holy grail" card.

What players do you think would (not "should") have the top 10 highest selling RC's if that were the case?

I'd say:

1. Tom Brady (widely considered the GOAT)
    2. Joe Montana (unlike Brady, everyone seems to love "Joe Cool")
    3. Otto Graham (the real GOAT and his 1/1 would be iconic in a Honus Wagner sort of way imho)
    4. JOE NAMATH (the rockstar QB from the Mecca with a fan base in their golden years)
    5. Roger Staubach (Cowboys fans are big spenders)
    6. Jim Brown (the GOAT RB)
    7. Emmitt Smith (see #4)
    8. Terry Bradshaw (Steelers fans are almost as big of spenders as Cowboys fans)
    9. Jerry Rice (the GOAT WR)
    10. Jameis Winston ... I kid (for now, check back w/ me in 15 yrs) ... Walter Payton (Legend who played in major market & most fans over 50 w/ cash to spend)

* As for values ... I believe Brady's holy grail would bring $1-2 mil and Payton's maybe $400-600,000 with the players in between fitting in somewhere between those values.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks
    See Swiggy56's Items on eBay

I would say the same for a few of the ones you named..... But there are others that could be up there. Everybody has their opinions. It's really hard to say who is top 10 because there are a lot of players who have made great arguments for themselves. Here is my list.... (or thought)

1. Tom Brady or Payton Manning
    2. Barry Sanders
    3. Emmitt Smith
    4. Joe Montana
    5. Deacon Jones
    6. Jim Brown
    7. Walter Payton
    8. Eric Dickerson
    9. Steve Largent
    10. Reggie White

No particular order for my 10. Just names. I can't help but think though.... Where would Bo Jackson be in NFL history if he didn't get hurt? How much bigger would the legend of Barry Sanders be if he didn't retire early? Just way too many great players in the NFL... Past & present
    I collect Seahawks Relic-GU & 1/1's

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would say the same for a few of the ones you named..... But there are others that could be up there. Everybody has their opinions. It's really hard to say who is top 10 because there are a lot of players who have made great arguments for themselves. Here is my list.... (or thought)

1. Tom Brady or Payton Manning
    2. Barry Sanders
    3. Emmitt Smith
    4. Joe Montana
    5. Deacon Jones
    6. Jim Brown
    7. Walter Payton
    8. Eric Dickerson
    9. Steve Largent
    10. Reggie White

No particular order for my 10. Just names. I can't help but think though.... Where would Bo Jackson be in NFL history if he didn't get hurt? How much bigger would the legend of Barry Sanders be if he didn't retire early? Just way too many great players in the NFL... Past & present

Manning and Sanders would be #11-12 on my list and I do think Peyton could be as high as #5 on my list right after Namath ... I just figure most Manning fans are still relatively young and that Brady is cornering that younger market for now ... give it another 10-20 years though and I think Manning could hit #3 behind only Brady & Montana.

Barry is an interesting case ... he played in such a depressed market, won just ONE playoff game in his entire career, retired before setting the records he could have easily set, etc ... and yet his card values top just about all other RB's which is cool as it means collectors can recognize individual greatness apart from team success ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jim Thorpe? Hard to find a spot for him on the list but he'd be close I guess
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Jim Thorpe? Hard to find a spot for him on the list but he'd be close I guess

Good call; I wasn't thinking that far back!