Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is it always beneficial to get auto's?

I am looking at sending in some of my 60's topps cards for autos. Is it always more beneficial to have a card that has an auto on it?
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    Twitter: @scfnews See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack

Are you thinking about sending these cards out for TTM autos?

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes. What is the difference between using TTM and other means?

SCF Rewards
    Country

What other means? TTM is sending to the player with a return envelope,the card or whatever your sending a letter of request and sometimes a donation.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Looking for Carl Furillo,Rocky Colavito,and Johnny Callison stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Then yes I will be using TTM to get autos.

would getting autos for players always be beneficial when trying to sell them? Or do most people want a raw card?

or is it only worth while to get HOF and rookie cards signed?
    Last edited by LucasWoods; 10-21-2017 at 04:51 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It depends on the person.A rookie card of a HOFer,or a HOF signed card could bring a
    higher price to the right person.There are also a number of people that try to put signed sets together,so there are tougher signed cards that will bring a good price,again,to the right person.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In 99% of the time it would be beneficial to get an autograph. The only time I think it would hurt is if you had a perfect card that would get a PSA 10 or something. That would be more valuable to the card collecting community to have a rare vintage card get a perfect 10 than to have one autographed since it will bring down the grade. You can get any type of condition card autographed so use a good one but one that isn't mint.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Country
    New York Yankees Kansas City Royals

Best stuff to get signed are rookie cards, record or milestone event showcase cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why would a signed PSA 10 bring the grade lower if it is an authentic signature? I mean if i had a PSA 10 Mickey mantle rookie AND it is signed.... I would expect that to command an even higher price?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds

but if one is trying to sell these autographed cards, i was under the impression that most, if not all people are hesitant to buy them due to authenticity. I have always been told that it hurts the value of the card to have a signature on it that was not authentically proven by PSA, or some other authenticators.

isnt it your word over theirs whether an auto is in fact a true auto, not someone forging one for a sale
    Please visit my website for cards available, as well as my set needs
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast