Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Is Flacco the WORST non-rookie Starting QB in the NFL?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

He's also the 3rd best QB from his family....

Peter- You are so right!
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country

At one time there were lots of collectors that figured Flacco would make the HALL OF FAME one day due to his great playoff performances and SB MVP trophy ... but now ... the guy probably has less of a chance than Doug Williams or Mark Rypien ... IS HE THE WORST NON-ROOKIE STARTING QB in the NFL?

Me thinks the answer is "yes" ... I mean, he's just absolutely horrible. I can't believe the Ravens don't bench him and hand the job over to just about anyone, Kap, TeBow, some rookie free agent ... even the strong-armed bagger at the local Wal-Mart!

WHAT HAPPENED TO JOE FLACCO? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW ...

The new Flacco is Carson Wentz (at least, people were comparing Wentz to Flacco coming out of college) ... except Wentz can flat out play ... I call him "White Jameis" and he's now my second fave QB in the NFL ... I'm kicking myself for not acquiring his Contenders SB Ticket when I had the chance!

He just threw a nice TD pass to Jeremy Maclin.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think it's Jay Cutler, and thank my lucky stars I never put a whole lot of money into his cards.

And I've felt this way for a while now.

He's not a bad qb on paper. He's got the talent, and the arm. At least he used to.

But he doesn't care. He simply doesn't care about a play, a game, or the team. It's simply a job to him, and one he doesn't seem to really like doing.

Just do the job, collect the check, and go home. Thats Jay Cutler.

Even Kyle Orton gave a rats A** and put in the effort to try to win.

I'd rather have any of the other guys discussed here over Cutler. At least they TRY to win football games. Well, maybe not Johhny Football, but that's a pretty close tie.

Honestly I think a ton of NFL players don't really care about football and treat it like any other job and I don't blame them ... the guys that really love the game and have a burning desire to be great are pretty easy to spot (Brady, Brees, Jameis, JJ Watt, Luke Kuechly, Adrian Peterson, etc) ... and then there are guys who are just so ultra-talented that there lack of fire and drive is overcome by their talent (Rodgers, Lev Bell, Odell, etc) but I wouldn't doubt it if some 80%+ of players don't care about football and wins and losses much at all ... it's just their job.

I mean, how many people do you think go home from working a shift at Wal-Mart and feel horrible for not stacking as many boxes as the day before or spend hours thinking of how they can be more efficient for the company ... same with athletes, they leave the team, go party, hang with family and do their own thing ... it's just a j-o-b.

Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates

Well, he will have some time off to think about his play once his head stops ringing. He got creamed.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Well, he will have some time off to think about his play once his head stops ringing. He got creamed.

Yeah that was rough.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah that was rough.

It was rough, but I'm not sure Alonso really had enough time to pull up. I think Suh choking Mallett was more grievous.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Honestly I think a ton of NFL players don't really care about football and treat it like any other job and I don't blame them ... the guys that really love the game and have a burning desire to be great are pretty easy to spot (Brady, Brees, Jameis, JJ Watt, Luke Kuechly, Adrian Peterson, etc) ... and then there are guys who are just so ultra-talented that there lack of fire and drive is overcome by their talent (Rodgers, Lev Bell, Odell, etc) but I wouldn't doubt it if some 80%+ of players don't care about football and wins and losses much at all ... it's just their job.

I mean, how many people do you think go home from working a shift at Wal-Mart and feel horrible for not stacking as many boxes as the day before or spend hours thinking of how they can be more efficient for the company ... same with athletes, they leave the team, go party, hang with family and do their own thing ... it's just a j-o-b.

As a management consultant, I will tell you that there are two schools of thought on what motivates employees in the workplace:

Theory X Managers believe employees only work for the paycheck

Theory Y Managers believe employees are motivated by other factors such as Sense of Achievement and Earned Recognition.

I believe in Theory and have seen be effective many times over the last 20 years.

I would be extremely surprised if anywhere close to 80% of players look at it as just a job and a paycheck.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

It was rough, but I'm not sure Alonso really had enough time to pull up. I think Suh choking Mallett was more grievous.

Just Suh being Suh.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just Suh being Suh.

@Rabs - Do you think he'll get suspended? I would think so.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

As a management consultant, I will tell you that there are two schools of thought on what motivates employees in the workplace:

Theory X Managers believe employees only work for the paycheck

Theory Y Managers believe employees are motivated by other factors such as Sense of Achievement and Earned Recognition.

I believe in Theory and have seen be effective many times over the last 20 years.

I would be extremely surprised if anywhere close to 80% of players look at it as just a job and a paycheck.

You may be right, but I don't know ... even the guys who are motivated to make all-pro and stuff like that may just be motivated as it will earn them a contract bonus ... I really don't think many guys are motivated to give their all to become "great" ... I think there is a very small remnant of players that are that driven ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast