Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Joe Girardi not returning as Yankees manager

Wow. I didn't see that one coming.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, and Jeff Bagwell.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

Going to Marlins with his boy Jeter??

/
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    Wow. I didn't see that one coming.
    Collecting Baseball Rookie cards
    New England Whalers, Hartford Whalers
    My website Hidden Content

Marlins, a good possibility. I thought Joe did a good job. There for a long time.
    , maybe it was just time to move on.

The Yanks have had two managers in 20+ yrs. Long ways from Martin, berra,michael, stump Merrill, buck.
    Hopefully they will not replace with one of these guys, mattingly(loved him as a player), baker, Farrell,( I have 5 #1's) oh please no, or gibbon

Girardi did okay as Yankee manager, but he was no Joe Torre. The strange thing is that this year was probably his best job of managing. I would like to see the next manager have ties to the team and not be a recycled manager.
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

What's wrong with the RED SOX and YANKEES? They both made the playoffs,one a division winner and one a wild card, and they both get rid of their managers. That just doesn't make sense. And,in the N L, the NATIONALS did the same thing. So, it's becoming evident, for a MLB manager to keep his job of the team he is currently managing, DON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

JFried1029 - you're right,Girardi wasn't "no Joe Torre". But, in Yankee history, Joe Torre wasn't anywhere near being a Casey Stengel, who without a doubt was the greatest manager they ever had. Back to Girardi, he did a really great job this year to get the Yankees in the playoffs. At the beginning of the 2017 season it wasn't projected that the Yankees would make it, improve Yes, but playoffs weren't really projected that they'd make it in 2017. However, they did. Therefore, Girardi did better than expected with his 2017 team.

Quote Originally Posted by OriolesFan View Post
    What's wrong with the RED SOX and YANKEES? They both made the playoffs,one a division winner and one a wild card, and they both get rid of their managers. That just doesn't make sense. And,in the N L, the NATIONALS did the same thing. So, it's becoming evident, for a MLB manager to keep his job of the team he is currently managing, DON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

JFried1029 - you're right,Girardi wasn't "no Joe Torre". But, in Yankee history, Joe Torre wasn't anywhere near being a Casey Stengel, who without a doubt was the greatest manager they ever had. Back to Girardi, he did a really great job this year to get the Yankees in the playoffs. At the beginning of the 2017 season it wasn't projected that the Yankees would make it, improve Yes, but playoffs weren't really projected that they'd make it in 2017. However, they did. Therefore, Girardi did better than expected with his 2017 team.
    Rodney- I agree that the Yankees far exceeded expectations. I can only imagine that the Yankees must have someone in mind who they want.
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

Didn't see this coming.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Three teams that made the 2017 and they got rid of their managers - RED SOX,YANKEES, and NATIONALS. What does a manager have to do to keep his job ? What are their front offices thinking? Those managers did good jobs to get their teams in the playoffs. However, just doing that cost them their jobs. Good luck MLB managers of 2018, watch your backs, front offices are going NUTS.

Quote Originally Posted by OriolesFan View Post
    Three teams that made the 2017 and they got rid of their managers - RED SOX,YANKEES, and NATIONALS. What does a manager have to do to keep his job ? What are their front offices thinking? Those managers did good jobs to get their teams in the playoffs. However, just doing that cost them their jobs. Good luck MLB managers of 2018, watch your backs, front offices are going NUTS.
    Apparently you just have to suck at your job but be handsome like Mike Matheny.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, and Jeff Bagwell.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

Joes contract was up. Maybe he decided to move on, I don't know.
    I also hope they look into the organization.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast