Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Girardi's contract was expiring. Cashman's is, too. Remember, too, that under Jeff Loria, Girardi was booted from the Marlins despite winning Manager of the Year. Can't see him going to a NL club. Remember, Jeter's not the majority owner of the Marlins, so he can at least make suggestions. However, I think Mattingly will stay in Miami.
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

Too many clubs have this "win now" philosophy, especially in NYC, in a year when the Mets underachieved due to injuries, and the Yankees over-exceeded everyone's expectations. Watch. Girardi probably gets votes for Manager of the Year again......

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "You can't have an oversight committee on stupidity!"--Woody Paige, "Around the Horn", 2/11/08

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals Oklahoma City Thunder Kansas City Chiefs
    See wizardofoz82's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Joes contract was up. Maybe he decided to move on, I don't know.
    I also hope they look into the organization.

In the press conference Girardi said they didn't want him back. I don't think he wanted to move on.

I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, and Jeff Bagwell.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Girardi's contract was expiring. Cashman's is, too. Remember, too, that under Jeff Loria, Girardi was booted from the Marlins despite winning Manager of the Year. Can't see him going to a NL club. Remember, Jeter's not the majority owner of the Marlins, so he can at least make suggestions. However, I think Mattingly will stay in Miami.

Too many clubs have this "win now" philosophy, especially in NYC, in a year when the Mets underachieved due to injuries, and the Yankees over-exceeded everyone's expectations. Watch. Girardi probably gets votes for Manager of the Year again......

Jacob- I don't see Cashman going anywhere. He made the Yankees into contenders in part due to the trades he has made. He has greatly improved the farm system and the Yankees still have more good looking players in the minors like Gleyber Torres.

Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

I read that Baker was going to the Phils. I thought Girardi did a decent job in his time with the Yanks. I'm sure it's about money as it usually is.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I read that Baker was going to the Phils. I thought Girardi did a decent job in his time with the Yanks. I'm sure it's about money as it usually is.

I can't imagine the Yankees letting money be the issue if they thought Girardi was the guy to lead this team after they were so close.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates

Wow, did not see that coming.

I collect baseball and football inserts. Also Browns, Steelers, Joey Galloway, Orel Hershiser.gu, autos, and oddball issues.If I buy its with a m.o. and will not buy if shipped in PWE.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In the press conference Girardi said they didn't want him back. I don't think he wanted to move on.

Both Cashman and Girardi's contracts were up this season. The Yankees went with Cashman and Cashman didn't want Girardi back. In my opinion the people surrounding Joe were awful (the guy checking replay, the 3rd base coach, etc) but he was okay enough as manager. He took the team further than I thought they would this year and only because the Astros got Verlander instead of Cashman did the Yankees lose to the Astros. So I guess Cashman wants a younger manager to take this new group of guys into the future and wasting time with Joe wasn't an option.

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

On ESPN Ian O'Connor indicated the reason was that Girardi was too uptight and stressed out all the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

On ESPN Ian O'Connor indicated the reason was that Girardi was too uptight and stressed out all the time.

If that's the reason (he does seem stressed out all the time BTW) I'm guessing the younger players voiced their concerns to management about it and that's why he was pushed out the door.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If that's the reason (he does seem stressed out all the time BTW) I'm guessing the younger players voiced their concerns to management about it and that's why he was pushed out the door.

Peter- MSN just had a ridiculous list of five candidates for the job including:

Tony Pena
    Kevin Long
    Willie Randolph
    Don Mattingly

and AROD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast