Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Would a LOG Service be Popular with Collectors?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Psa & bgs should take my advice & then pay me a royalty!

Greetings All,

Everyone knows I have the "holy trinity" of Jameis cards pictures below:

And many know that I love BGS and dislike PSA (as I think it's rather unethical to base grading fees on the value of the card being submitted, as the exact same amount of time should be spent grading a $30 card as a $30,000 card).

However ... I am also someone who wants to make wise investments that I will be able to sell for the largest amount possible in the future, if and when I ever need or choose to sell such investments. And, I'm not ignorant of the value PSA grading can add to a card, nor would I ever shy away from purchasing a graded card simply because it was slabbed by PSA as I absolutely believe PSA is a quality grading company.

The above said however, I believe it is INSANE that someone who has a BGS 9.5 and wants to try for a PSA 10, or someone that has a PSA 10 and wants to try for a BGS 10 or Black Label, is required to have their card "cracked out" of its current case and then re-slabbed by the new company. That is absolutely idiotic.

What I would like to see is for both BGS and PSA to offer to grade already slabbed cards and issue a "Letter of Grade (LOG)" similar to their "Letter of Authentication (LOA)" rather than re-slabbing the card.

Allow me to explain.

Let's say I submit my Jameis National Treasures Auto'd NFL Shield RPA 1/1 RC that has already been slabbed and received a BGS 9.5/10 grade from Beckett, and ask PSA to also grade the card and issue me with a "Letter of Grade (LOG)" stating the grade they assign to both the card and the autograph.

PSA could then examine the card through the BGS slab and assign their own grade to both the card and the autograph for a fee. This would be simple to do and extremely tamper-proof as since the card has already been graded and slabbed in the past, the new LOG would reference the serial number assigned to that first slab, so there would be no way to issue a fake LOG or scam anyone as the new LOG would have to come with the original card in a slab with the exact same serial number.

I am shocked that this service is not already available through both BGS and PSA as I believe such a service would be extremely popular as well as quite lucrative for each company ... and I'd only need a small royalty per LOG paid for, for my IP, of course.

What are your thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys Baltimore Orioles
    See coolsharkymd's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Both companies already do this if you tell them the minimum grade you'll accept on the new slab from their company. Not sure what you're getting at.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Both companies already do this if you tell them the minimum grade you'll accept on the new slab from their company. Not sure what you're getting at.

They make you "crack out" the old slab and get a new slab ... that defeats the purpose ... they need to simply issue a "Letter of Grade (LOG)" so you can keep the original slab and simply add a second grade.

I posted this in the hockey forum as well and there has been a lot of back and forth in that forum if you want to check it out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys Baltimore Orioles
    See coolsharkymd's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

You forgot to add a "No" option to your poll ;)