Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Scammer gtx_1323

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (116)
    Country
    See patsfan12's Items on eBay

Ebay Scammer gtx_1323

ID: gtx_1323

Bought a Johnny Gaudreau Tim Hortons jersey off of me. Of course, given that it was a $50 card there was no tracking and within a week was messaging wanting tracking information claiming not received and going to start a claim back. Sellers beware.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hyogbog's Items on eBay

On two occasions this year I ran into the exact same situation. In both cases it was a Canada Post issue with massive delays almost a month but both cards did eventually make it. I still lost due to the fact that I sent replacement cards. Ebay should allow more time before buyers are able to open a claim especially if it's the buyers choice to use no insurance or tracking.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm confused why you would ever ship anything on Ebay without tracking. What does that cost for Canada Post?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm confused why you would ever ship anything on Ebay without tracking. What does that cost for Canada Post?

It's not like using USPS, where it comes as part of your first-class package. To send a comparable-sized package with tracking in Canada costs in the $10-$15 range.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Huh, I had no idea. No wonder there are so many Canadian sellers getting taken advantage of. That's unfortunate.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Huh, I had no idea. No wonder there are so many Canadian sellers getting taken advantage of. That's unfortunate.

I live right next to Buffalo, and I much prefer selling to Americans because of the inexpensive tracking option when I mail via USPS. I don't understand why Canada Post can't offer such an option, it doesn't seem like there would be any additional cost beyond the scanning times.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Yeah, USPS really has a decent price if you do it right for tracking. I shipped 2 cards to Australia tracked for $5 and it got there in about a week. Sent 9 ounces of cards (about 15) to Sweden this weekend for $9. In the U.S. you'll pay about $3-4 tracked and delivered in 2-4 days.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This year I noticed shipping times have escalated probably in an attempt to fill trucks before they go out also depends where you live and where it's going. In any case three weeks is too slow for any service, I would tell the buyer to sit tight.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The card could have been lost, but most likely since it was sent untracked u will never know for sure, sucks for u as the seller, u should require registered around 50$ to cover yourself then nobody can pull a card not arrived trick... shame the hobby has become so dirty now and dishonest.
    Last edited by mortuus; 10-24-2017 at 11:50 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tracking doesn't help really since I ship 50+ cards before I run into this issue. If I charge the extra for tracking the seller will simply bid and buy accordingly which means I end up loosing the $7 out of pocket. The buyer can will spend $53 with someone else before $60 with me since he's not going to spend the extra $7 to protect me. After 50 cards with tracking I would loose more then to just write off one card that didn't make it. Plus before this year I was running solid for 3 years with zero issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast