Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Well this has to be bad for the hobby ..... thoughts

Was doing my daily searches and came across this guys auctions

I understand he states these are "custom" cards .... which they kind of arnt ..... but at least he kind of implies in the description that the patches are fake / re-patched

My problem with this is he is just taking the "legit" UD / Panini / Pacific pieces out, and replacing them with much better "fake" patches. There is nothing custom about these, he does not have a unique design, he doesnt show with marking this is a custom made card ..... hes just an up front about it patch forger.

Sure, he states now that these are fake, but when the cards change hands a few times, a few months or years pass ..... these pop up again with a "1/1 insane patch - Top Set Patch" in the title

I actually think this guy is a member here too ....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-01-Cro...8AAOSwCJxZ9cM0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-17-Upp...4AAOSweM1Z9brf

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-16-Ult...EAAOSw8DJZ9F-0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-14-ITG...MAAOSw9idZ9F~N

Can the community do anything to stop these from hitting the market? He does state they are custom .... so hes accurately describing the items for sale. I can just see one of these popping up in someone S&T threads down the line
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

ohh man...this is horrible...

1) he used ud/panini/pacific design/material/original card

2) you know it's a "custom card" only if you read all the description...let's be honest, no one is doing it!

Edit: I just notice i had the bennett in my following items...

Is he copying the design and making his own cards, or is he replacing the patches in "real" cards??

That Potvin... I fail to understand why someone would "customize" a card limited to 5 copies.

Quote Originally Posted by 30ranfordfan View Post
    Is he copying the design and making his own cards, or is he replacing the patches in "real" cards??

That Potvin... I fail to understand why someone would "customize" a card limited to 5 copies.
    Looks like he is replacing the patches using real cards and also making the cards thicker by doing so, at least that's what I can tell from looking at the McLean card.
    PCs: Brian Elliott, Alex Pietrangelo, Vladimir Tarasenko, Colton Parayko

Currently Looking for 2006-07 ITG Making the Bigs Mike Glumac Gold and Silver Jersey Cards and The Cup Mike Glumac Printing Plates.

this is so wrong, i wonder if anyone stupid enough to buy one of those custom by mistake? also i doubt its legal to just take cards pics like that and use for your own profit... these customs should be banned does not belong in the ice hockey section in ebay.

To me this is no better then scammers, he takes advantage of well known brands for his own profit how can UD allow this?
    Last edited by mortuus; 10-30-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    Hidden Content

Collecting High-End Salming Game Used Mem/Auto cards
    PC:Hidden Content

How do you trust any other card in his for sale list? This is why UD needs to scan every patch card that comes out and have a database of patches that you can search/find the original scan. It shouldn't be that hard to add as part of the production/QC process (even though Premimum did recently make it through). There are plenty of programs that can identify the card number to tag it into an automatic post to the database.

Quote Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
    i wonder if anyone stupid enough to buy one of those custom by mistake?
    I wouldn't call them stupid I would just call it uneducated, I know that the emerald artifacts are left side jersey right side patch, but not everyone knows this. The Potvin card is easy to figure out too https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-01-Cro...AAAOSwED5Z2q9Z

But I can see where someone could easily make a mistake by get really excited or being uneducated.
    PCs: Brian Elliott, Alex Pietrangelo, Vladimir Tarasenko, Colton Parayko

Currently Looking for 2006-07 ITG Making the Bigs Mike Glumac Gold and Silver Jersey Cards and The Cup Mike Glumac Printing Plates.

Sent a question to the guy:
    Sparty - Did you reprint the card with your own patches, or take the original card and replace the patch?

WCCUP -
    This card is composed of 2 original cards with new patches. Thanks for the question.

Quote Originally Posted by sparty07 View Post
    Sent a question to the guy:
    Sparty - Did you reprint the card with your own patches, or take the original card and replace the patch?

WCCUP -
    This card is composed of 2 original cards with new patches. Thanks for the question.
    ??

I don't even follow the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by 30ranfordfan View Post
    ??

I don't even follow the answer.
    Maybe he bought two of the same card, then used the front of the 1st card to insert a sweeter patch, then used the backing of the 2nd card to make it look more "official".

I don't like this one bit. Not a good thing for the hobby at all. I get he disclosed the info (barely) that he inserted a better patch, but still. Not good and people might fall for it and pay a premium price for a card like this.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast