Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (118)
    Country

Hi guys,

I am the one who bought the Nieuwendyk/Vernon custom patch one.

I did it knowing it was custom. But I found the card beautiful and since I remember vividly following the 1989 Stanley Cup finals, I tought it would be a nice memento. Because that it is why I collect cards: relieving good memories.

When I receive the card, though, I realized that there might be a problem in the future with it. I don't intend of sorting this card with the rest of my PC and it would have a note (custom patch) on my personnal database. But what would happen if I trade this card to someone who might not be as honnest as I am with it? Because I realized all of this way too late, you can call me ineducated ;)

For this reason only, I regret buying it. At the moment of my purchase, I was not fully aware of the potential problem this card might cause. I was just happy to have found a nice card wich reminds me good memories.

I am now thinking about altering the card. What do you think of the idea of me taking a black marker and writing "Custom Patch" in print letter at the back of the card? This won't devaluate the card because, in my opinion, this card have no "value" at all since it is a forgery.

The emotional "value" I give to the card will be the same. But, at least, no one will ever end up buying or trading for a forged card.

Thoughts?

(please, forgive my basic english. As a french canadian, I wish I could write in english more often)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays
    See pieytremblay's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

@pacadie: i agree, you can write something on your card...that being said, the seller should do it as well.

P-S: ton anglais est pas si mal du tout :P

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Its up to you to do what you want with it. Its your card now.

Honestly I wouldn't do that. Like you said you bought it for yourself. Why put a marker on it? If you do end up selling/trading it then make sure you have CUSTOM MADE in the title or make sure trader knows. I wouldn't even try and trade or sell it. You got it cheap and its not worth the hassle.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234