Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A story for a cold and rainy day

So it all began around two weeks ago. Topps Update were due out the following day and I had to work a double so I called my local store and talked to Sam, the owner. I asked him to put two jumbos aside for me as I know they go fast. I said I would be in the following day to claim my boxes. The next day comes and I showed up and paid for two jumbos and a few other cards and went home.
    I had fully intended to wait until the next day as I was exhausted from working 14 hours each of the previous three days. As I sat on the couch to just relax for a few minutes my curiosity got the bext of my and I busted the first box.
    The first pack I opened had a thick card so I knew I had hit a memorabilia of the bat. What could it be, a Pujols for my PC perhaps? Maybe a Aaron Judge for ebay ? As I slid the other cards out of the way I saw this
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CODY-BELLIN...53.m1438.l2649
    A Bellinger jersey right out of the gate. Later in this box I also hit a Jeter manufactured coin and an Antonio Senzatela auto.
    Not bad I thought to myself but hopefully I can do a little better in box two. So I opened box two and after a coule packs hit a Kris Bryant Manufacture and somewhere around pack 5 or 6 I saw another thick one. As I slowly and carefully slid the others off of it the first thing I saw was a number stamped into the top right, it was 1/1. Holly cow, I hit a one of one of Noah Sydergaard In the Name. WOW! That is one of my best hits ever in a basic Topps product. I was happy because between everything it would probably pay for the two jumbo’s. So I went on opening the final few packs content that I had my set, a bunch of inserts and some truly great hits. As I got to the final pack I realized that I should have another auto. I opened it and started going through the cards until I got to the middle and the insert bunch and then I saw it
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mike-Trout-...53.m1438.l2649
    Really? Could this be true? It was! It was a Trout auto #ed 3/5 on ash wood. The best hit I had ever pulled and the same box as a 1/1. My god I was happy. I took pictures of the hits and texed them to Sam at 11PM, I didn’t know what to do. He texted me back with congratulations and genuine excitement.
    So move ahead to Saturday when I stopped by the shop having sold my Syndergaard for $150 I figured I would buy something else to bust. Sam was a little low on baseball but did have two boxes of Topps Gold Label left over. He did let me know that another customer had hit a Judge auto out of the same case but I like the look of them so I told him to choose which box I was going to buy. He picked up one and started to hand it to me and right before I took it he set it back down and gave me the other one.
    I busted this one at the shop and opened all the packs before the auto pack. I hit 5 black cards including a Judge and a few other good #ed versions.
    So I picked up the auto pack and as I was opening it Sam says, “You know, I haven’t seen a Bellinger auto come out of those” So I saw my card as the pack opened and said to Sam, “well, you have now” a Bellinger #/100 auto
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cody-Bellin...53.m1438.l2649
    It was a good week and a half for me.
    For those of you that made it until the end of this long post thank you for indulging me. I do not normally do this but this time I just had too.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Tom Henke, Joe Crede, Dennis Higgins, Sam Lecure, Albert Pujols, Lou Brock and Keith Hernandez

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Thanks for sharing. You surely were very very very lucky. Have a good evening.

Congrats on some great pulls. If you got any Nolan Ryan class 2 or 3 to trade, LMK. BTW, I told a story today also, a bad news story, lol.
    I collect Nolan Ryan cards I do not have. I might trade for Ted Williams or Johnny Bench. Advise me if you are out of country before making a trade.

Congratulations on the great pulls!
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

When your hot your hot!
    Congrats
    Hidden Content
    BASEBALL- Yadier Molina, Mike Trout, Corey Seager
    BASKETBALL- Labron James
    FOOTBALL- Andrew Luck, Dax
    RAY FOSSE

Great story, and incredible hits! That Trout auto /5 is a superb card. Wow!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

WOW the Trout is pretty awesome!! I think after 3 doubles in a row you deserve nothing less congrats!
    PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Stanton, Kemp, Pujols, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Joey Votto, Griffey Jr, Craig Biggio, Bagwell, Helton, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV & I only ship within the United States.
    Cards FT/FS~Hidden Content
    Scans/Pix~ Hidden Content

This is a very very sweet bunch of hits bro and thanks for sharing!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and Saquon Barkley!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

Great story and some fantastic cards you pulled!!
    Bucket:
    Hidden Content

New Wix Site:
    Hidden Content

Looking for Cardinal autos I don't have and dupes of some I already own.
    Also cards not listed of the players on my Primary Wants list on my Wix site.
    Also looking for current Blues autos!

Thanks for indulging me guys and gals. I don't have that many people to gush to.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Tom Henke, Joe Crede, Dennis Higgins, Sam Lecure, Albert Pujols, Lou Brock and Keith Hernandez

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast