Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sam Darnold May Reportedly Stay In School If Browns Have No. 1 Pick In 2018 Draft

http://dailysnark.com/sam-darnold-ma...ck-2018-draft/

Depending on how the order of the 2018 NFL Draft sets up, USC quarterback Sam Darnold could return to school next year for his junior season.

If the Cleveland Browns are picking in the top two, he may return to school.

The Browns are one of two win less teams, along with the San Francisco 49ers, in the NFL. If the NFL Draft was today, Cleveland would hold the No. 1 overall pick if the season ended today based on strength-of-schedule tie breaker.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC(124)
    Country
    See rusty371's Items on eBay

Probably a wise decision.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

He’s not even a top 15 player let alone top 3 qb

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

I don't think he'd be the first pick. Not having a good yr.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

I hope he stays in school. I would like to see the Jets get him if Petty cant make huge strides this year.
    Check out my Collection!
    Hidden Content
    if the offer is right I will deal anything
    I am a collector of the New York JetsHidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Can't he just enter the draft but not hire an agent, then if he gets picked by a team he doesn't like, refuse to sign the contract and return to college and re-enter the draft the next year?

Regardless, I would be pretty surprised if he was not the #1 pick ... the kid has all the talent in the world and GM's will fall in love with him imho ... but, I don't see why he couldn't at least pull an Eli Manning and tell the Browns if they draft him they will have to trade him as he won't report to their team regardless.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He shouldn't worry -- he's a bit overrated. He'll probably go to the Jets or Giants.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

At this point in the process all stellar qbs could be considered over rated. I am not even sold on watson yet and he is a Candidate for Rookie of the year.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

At this point in the process all stellar qbs could be considered over rated. I am not even sold on watson yet and he is a Candidate for Rookie of the year.

ALL stellar QBs are over-rated? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

As for Deshaun ... I love the way he plays but it definitely lends itself to a lot of turnovers, which I don't mind ... I despise game-managers and check-down artists.

I'm not sure Deshaun will win ROY though as Kareem Hunt is also having a monster year and his team seems sure to get a top 3 seed whereas Watson's Texans may not even make the playoffs as the Jags might be just as good and the Titans seem to have a far easier schedule ... I actually think Watson is much, much, much better than Mariota but that the Titans will win the division this year.

However, I think there are under-rated young QBs.

I'd probably say the following:

Over-rated young QBs: Luck, Carr, Dak, Watson, Mariota, Wentz, Cam, Jimmy G
    Under-rated young QBs: Stafford, Jameis, Tyrod, Wilson, Cousins,
    Unknowns: Goff and Trubisky

Now, please don't misunderstand me ... I am NOT saying that all the guys on the "under-rated" list are "better" than all the guys on the over-rated list as that certainly is not the case. Also, a guy like Wentz was just under-rated last year but is now being talked about as one of the top 4 QBs in the NFL and instantly jumped into the over-rated category simply due to his team success.

Regardless, I think the league is in great shape when Brady, Brees, Roethisberger, Manning and Rivers retire as many of the young-guns are already better than the latter three QBs.

Here's how I see the future:

Brady ... replaced by Rodgers (the best gets replaced by the new best)
    Brees ... replaced by Jameis (Jameis' career stats would make even Brees blush)
    Roethlisberger ... replaced by Wentz (Wentz is a more athletic Big Ben)
    Manning ... replaced by Luck (and Luck, if healthy, is far better than Eli)
    Rivers ... replaced by Carr (same division and everything)

and that still leaves Watson, Dak, Mariota, Stafford, etc., to carry the shield forward!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

I think you misinterpreted the meaning of my statement; "At this point in the process all stellar qbs could be considered over rated" I was only referencing the college QB prospects and how little actually translates into the NFL. And that even when Rookies seem to be "breaking out" i am still not sold on them. AKA Watson who is rumored to have a torn ACL http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000871174/article/texans-fear-deshaun-watson-has-torn-acl

I was directly replying to the post above mine before this one.
    Last edited by Capt Forest; 11-02-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast