Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think you misinterpreted the meaning of my statement; "At this point in the process all stellar qbs could be considered over rated" I was only referencing the college QB prospects and how little actually translates into the NFL. And that even when Rookies seem to be "breaking out" i am still not sold on them. AKA Watson who is rumored to have a torn ACL http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000871174/article/texans-fear-deshaun-watson-has-torn-acl
    I was directly replying to the post above mine before this one.

Oh man, I feel horrible for Deshaun ... I love that kid and he is so fun to watch play ... wow, first Watt and Mercilus and now Deshaun, poor Texans fans!

As to your point ... I agree with you ... all NCAA QBs are over-rated right now ... well, maybe not Baker Mayfield, that lil dude can play and a lot of folks poo-poo him because of his size ... kid reminds me of Drew Brees though in a way

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

ALL stellar QBs are over-rated? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

As for Deshaun ... I love the way he plays but it definitely lends itself to a lot of turnovers, which I don't mind ... I despise game-managers and check-down artists.

I'm not sure Deshaun will win ROY though as Kareem Hunt is also having a monster year and his team seems sure to get a top 3 seed whereas Watson's Texans may not even make the playoffs as the Jags might be just as good and the Titans seem to have a far easier schedule ... I actually think Watson is much, much, much better than Mariota but that the Titans will win the division this year.

However, I think there are under-rated young QBs.

I'd probably say the following:

Over-rated young QBs: Luck, Carr, Dak, Watson, Mariota, Wentz, Cam, Jimmy G
    Under-rated young QBs: Stafford, Jameis, Tyrod, Wilson, Cousins,
    Unknowns: Goff and Trubisky

Now, please don't misunderstand me ... I am NOT saying that all the guys on the "under-rated" list are "better" than all the guys on the over-rated list as that certainly is not the case. Also, a guy like Wentz was just under-rated last year but is now being talked about as one of the top 4 QBs in the NFL and instantly jumped into the over-rated category simply due to his team success.

Regardless, I think the league is in great shape when Brady, Brees, Roethisberger, Manning and Rivers retire as many of the young-guns are already better than the latter three QBs.

Here's how I see the future:

Brady ... replaced by Rodgers (the best gets replaced by the new best)
    Brees ... replaced by Jameis (Jameis' career stats would make even Brees blush)
    Roethlisberger ... replaced by Wentz (Wentz is a more athletic Big Ben)
    Manning ... replaced by Luck (and Luck, if healthy, is far better than Eli)
    Rivers ... replaced by Carr (same division and everything)

and that still leaves Watson, Dak, Mariota, Stafford, etc., to carry the shield forward!

You would say Mariota is worse than Crab legs

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You would say Mariota is worse than Crab legs

I'm a Mariota fan and I think the Titans will win the AFC South this year. I root for Mariota and think he's an awesome young man ... I just don't think he's a star QB. To me, he's a gimmick QB akin to Kaepernick (who Shannon Sharpe believes is better right now than Mariota) with more accuracy.

I mean, the kid has thrown just TWO non-screen pass TDs all season long ... two! He's near the bottom of the league in red zone passer rating despite never having thrown a pick in the red zone, is near the bottom of the league in out of the pocket passer rating despite being known as a guy who throws on the run, and again, has thrown just TWO non-screen TDs all year long ... that screams "gimmick QB" to me.

Now, I'm not saying he's going to flame out and be out of the league soon like Kaepernick ... in fact, I could see the Titans owning the AFC South for years to come as they seem to have the most well-rounded team, with the best offensive line, the best running game and a pretty decent defense, so Mariota could get to the playoffs year in and year out, having a very solid career and even end up in the HOF like other solid but not superstar QBs like Eli Manning, Bradshaw, Namath, etc., have done ... and that would be awesome.

But, no, I don't think he's remotely on the same level as a true superstar QB as Jameis. Mariota is the type of QB a coach hands the ball to and says, "trust your running game and defense, be efficient and don't lose the game for us" whereas Jameis is the type of QB, and always has been the type of QB, where a coach hands him the ball and says, "Carry this team on your back and go win us this game!". He'll make his Favre-esque mistakes and play wild at times in basically every game, but he'll also die trying to win the game and doesn't care one iota about stats which I love.

For example, people like to kill Jameis for his interceptions but the kid has 39 in 39 games while Peyton Manning threw ONE HUNDRED INTERCEPTIONS in his first 80 games, and if one looks at Jameis' career one will see that his interceptions come in bunches and generally when his team is clearly outclassed, down big and needs miracle plays to win. For example this year in the 5 close games the Bucs have played Jameis has thrown just 1 pick ... in the two games they were dominated in he threw 5 picks. Regardless, when I say I love that he doesn't care about stats, many plays come to mind ... such as the end of half hail mary he threw against the Cowboys that was picked or the end of game shot he took down big to the Cowboys or the late in game, down 17 shot he took against the Vikings ... all three of those were picks but all three were necessary throws as there was no other real chance to even try to get points ... and many other QBs would have either checked down or conveniently just sailed the ball out of bounds on the hail mary as they don't want to hurt their "stats" which Jameis doesn't care about. It reminds me of how some NBA players will dribble out the clock rather than heave a 60 footer at the end of a quarter as they don't want their shooting percentage to drop ... pathetic.

Dak is the opposite and I will probably never forget one play I saw Dak make, or should I say, not make ... on purpose. It was like a 4th and 13 near the end of the Rams game and the Cowboys needed a first down to have any chance of winning the game as time was running out ... and Dak rather than giving any of his receivers a chance at a first own, scrambled around and then threw a 2 yard check-down ... the RB was immediately tackled, the Rams then ran out the clock and the game was over ...Cowboys lost but Dak's stats looked good as he didn't have the dreaded interception on his stats ... disgusting. Jamei could care the less about his stats and if a miracle play is needed, even if there is a 90% chance it's going to be picked and only a 10% chance it's going to win the game, Jameis is making that throw ... just as Favre would have ... and I love it!

Jameis is a true phenom ... USA Football Under-18 starting QB, Elite 11 MVP, #1 Ranked High School QB, youngest Heisman trophy winner ever, youngest NFL Pro Bowl QB ever, youngest NFL QB to 1-9,000 yards and 1-60 TD passes, the ONLY NFL QB to ever start his career with back to back 4,000 yard seasons ... heck, right now Jameis has more CAREER passing yards & TD passes than Brett Favre/Tom Brady/ Drew Brees/ Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan ALL HAD COMBINED at Jameis' current age! Jameis doesn't just have more career yards & TDs than each of those guys at the same age, he has more yards & TDs than ALL OF THEM PUT TOGETEHR had at the same age ... that's insane!

Mariota reminds me of a cross between Alex Smith (efficient game-manager) & Kaepernick (athletic game manager)... that is a perfect mix to compare Mariota to imho.

Jameis reminds me of a cross between Favre (wild gunslinger that can make insane good plays & will make insane bad plays but will die trying to get the win), Ben Roethlisberger (size and arm talent) and Steve McNair (leadership and athleticism).

Don't make the mistake of thinking that if one is a fan of Jameis they have to dislike Mariota or vice-versa, I love both young men and think they both have great futures ahead of them ... but there is a reason I invested in the high 5 figures in Jameis cards rather than in Mariota cards ... and it wasn't because I was a "Jameis fan", it was because I believe in his future much more than I believe in Mariota's future. In fact, I believe in Jameis' future more than I believe in any young QBs future and there isn't even a close #2 ... I love Wentz's game, love Dak's situation and like Carr and even Goff ... but I honestly believe that barring serious injury Jameis will retire as the NFL's ALL-TIME leader in both passing yards & TDs and I just am all-in on his future.

Now, whether or not Jameis ever wins a ring to go along with the insane stats he is bound to put up, I have no idea as when the three men who were probably the three greatest pure throwers of the pigskin that have ever played: Dan Fouts, Dan Marino and Warren Moon could combine to play over 40 years of NFL Football and never win a single ring, while garbage QBs like Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostettler and Brad Johnson all won a ring, I know full well that rings are organizational accomplishments rather than team accomplishments ... but, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see both Jameis and Mariota win at least one ring down the road either ...

Well, I doubt you were expecting that detailed of a reply ... but I like to type ...

Have a great day and keep rooting for Mariota; he's an awesome young man!
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 11-03-2017 at 03:20 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

I'm a Mariota fan and I think the Titans will win the AFC South this year. I root for Mariota and think he's an awesome young man ... I just don't think he's a star QB. To me, he's a gimmick QB akin to Kaepernick (who Shannon Sharpe believes is better right now than Mariota) with more accuracy.

I mean, the kid has thrown just TWO non-screen pass TDs all season long ... two! He's near the bottom of the league in red zone passer rating despite never having thrown a pick in the red zone, is near the bottom of the league in out of the pocket passer rating despite being known as a guy who throws on the run, and again, has thrown just TWO non-screen TDs all year long ... that screams "gimmick QB" to me.

Now, I'm not saying he's going to flame out and be out of the league soon like Kaepernick ... in fact, I could see the Titans owning the AFC South for years to come as they seem to have the most well-rounded team, with the best offensive line, the best running game and a pretty decent defense, so Mariota could get to the playoffs year in and year out, having a very solid career and even end up in the HOF like other solid but not superstar QBs like Eli Manning, Bradshaw, Namath, etc., have done ... and that would be awesome.

But, no, I don't think he's remotely on the same level as a true superstar QB as Jameis. Mariota is the type of QB a coach hands the ball to and says, "trust your running game and defense, be efficient and don't lose the game for us" whereas Jameis is the type of QB, and always has been the type of QB, where a coach hands him the ball and says, "Carry this team on your back and go win us this game!". He'll make his Favre-esque mistakes and play wild at times in basically every game, but he'll also die trying to win the game and doesn't care one iota about stats which I love.

For example, people like to kill Jameis for his interceptions but the kid has 39 in 39 games while Peyton Manning threw ONE HUNDRED INTERCEPTIONS in his first 80 games, and if one looks at Jameis' career one will see that his interceptions come in bunches and generally when his team is clearly outclassed, down big and needs miracle plays to win. For example this year in the 5 close games the Bucs have played Jameis has thrown just 1 pick ... in the two games they were dominated in he threw 5 picks. Regardless, when I say I love that he doesn't care about stats, many plays come to mind ... such as the end of half hail mary he threw against the Cowboys that was picked or the end of game shot he took down big to the Cowboys or the late in game, down 17 shot he took against the Vikings ... all three of those were picks but all three were necessary throws as there was no other real chance to even try to get points ... and many other QBs would have either checked down or conveniently just sailed the ball out of bounds on the hail mary as they don't want to hurt their "stats" which Jameis doesn't care about. It reminds me of how some NBA players will dribble out the clock rather than heave a 60 footer at the end of a quarter as they don't want their shooting percentage to drop ... pathetic.

Dak is the opposite and I will probably never forget one play I saw Dak make, or should I say, not make ... on purpose. It was like a 4th and 13 near the end of the Rams game and the Cowboys needed a first down to have any chance of winning the game as time was running out ... and Dak rather than giving any of his receivers a chance at a first own, scrambled around and then threw a 2 yard check-down ... the RB was immediately tackled, the Rams then ran out the clock and the game was over ...Cowboys lost but Dak's stats looked good as he didn't have the dreaded interception on his stats ... disgusting. Jamei could care the less about his stats and if a miracle play is needed, even if there is a 90% chance it's going to be picked and only a 10% chance it's going to win the game, Jameis is making that throw ... just as Favre would have ... and I love it!

Jameis is a true phenom ... USA Football Under-18 starting QB, Elite 11 MVP, #1 Ranked High School QB, youngest Heisman trophy winner ever, youngest NFL Pro Bowl QB ever, youngest NFL QB to 1-9,000 yards and 1-60 TD passes, the ONLY NFL QB to ever start his career with back to back 4,000 yard seasons ... heck, right now Jameis has more CAREER passing yards & TD passes than Brett Favre/Tom Brady/ Drew Brees/ Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan ALL HAD COMBINED at Jameis' current age! Jameis doesn't just have more career yards & TDs than each of those guys at the same age, he has more yards & TDs than ALL OF THEM PUT TOGETEHR had at the same age ... that's insane!

Mariota reminds me of a cross between Alex Smith (efficient game-manager) & Kaepernick (athletic game manager)... that is a perfect mix to compare Mariota to imho.

Jameis reminds me of a cross between Favre (wild gunslinger that can make insane good plays & will make insane bad plays but will die trying to get the win), Ben Roethlisberger (size and arm talent) and Steve McNair (leadership and athleticism).

Don't make the mistake of thinking that if one is a fan of Jameis they have to dislike Mariota or vice-versa, I love both young men and think they both have great futures ahead of them ... but there is a reason I invested in the high 5 figures in Jameis cards rather than in Mariota cards ... and it wasn't because I was a "Jameis fan", it was because I believe in his future much more than I believe in Mariota's future. In fact, I believe in Jameis' future more than I believe in any young QBs future and there isn't even a close #2 ... I love Wentz's game, love Dak's situation and like Carr and even Goff ... but I honestly believe that barring serious injury Jameis will retire as the NFL's ALL-TIME leader in both passing yards & TDs and I just am all-in on his future.

Now, whether or not Jameis ever wins a ring to go along with the insane stats he is bound to put up, I have no idea as when the three men who were probably the three greatest pure throwers of the pigskin that have ever played: Dan Fouts, Dan Marino and Warren Moon could combine to play over 40 years of NFL Football and never win a single ring, while garbage QBs like Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostettler and Brad Johnson all won a ring, I know full well that rings are organizational accomplishments rather than team accomplishments ... but, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see both Jameis and Mariota win at least one ring down the road either ...

Well, I doubt you were expecting that detailed of a reply ... but I like to type ...

Have a great day and keep rooting for Mariota; he's an awesome young man!

I was able to read through about a paragraph or two. I get it...but superstar?

You’re putting the word next to crab legs...”eating Ws” before a LOSS, and poking dudes in the neck....he’s not a franchise qb and now karma has bit him in the ™™™....hopefully you’re not a bucs fan if so enjoy another year of playoff watching.

thats not a superstar he’s a joke and will be out within a few years...

what qb pokes dudes as they walk away....what a dumb human being he is

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I was able to read through about a paragraph or two. I get it...but superstar?

You’re putting the word next to crab legs...”eating Ws” before a LOSS, and poking dudes in the neck....he’s not a franchise qb and now karma has bit him in the ™™™....hopefully you’re not a bucs fan if so enjoy another year of playoff watching.

thats not a superstar he’s a joke and will be out within a few years...

what qb pokes dudes as they walk away....what a dumb human being he is

I get that you love Mariota and are therefore a Jameis-basher and troll ... it's all rather typical and honestly, quite boring. Trolling like this is the sort of thing high school kids do on Twitter to elicit angry responses ... it doesn't work on someone like me.

As for your comment about Jameis "poking someone" ... I gave my thoughts on that in another post and why I loved it ... go read it and feel free to comment here.

Listen, I love Mariota but I do not believe in his future the same way I believe in Jameis' future, and since you're obviously a Mariota fan-boy that seems to upset you but it is what it is. When I invested in Kobe back in 1996 people said I was insane, he was a brat and a punk and would be out of the NBA by the time his rookie contract expired. I paid them no mind and kept buying Kobe Chrome RC's and told everyone that he was the next Jordan ... everyone laughed and said I was nuts.

However when I sold my Kobe collection and bought my first house with cash ... no one was laughing.

To me, Jameis is one of those guys that will go down as a living legend, sit atop the all-time passing yards & TD lists, etc ... he may never win a ring as Marino, Moon, Fouts and Tarkenton never won a ring but were all 1st ballot HOF'ers, but he will be a legend.

If I end up being wrong, I end up being wrong ... such is life. I'm NOT a Buccaneers fan at all and NOT a fan of any team ... I like players and like to watch various players' careers unfold.

I wish ill on no player or team as sports are just a diversion, a diversion for proles as it were, but I do enjoy watching them and following certain players, and as a gambler at heart, investing large sums of $$$ into young players I think will turn into all-time legends ... I did it with Kobe, then LeBron (not to as great an extent with Kobe as LeBron was far more pricey ... but I did buy and sell at the right time!) and now Jameis ...

I take the LONG-TERM view on athletes ... I'm not a quick flipper, don't run a card shop, etc ... I'm a long-term investor that simply happens to think investing is sports cards is a whole lot more fun that investing in the stock market or tossing funds into some bank C.D. ... I also love investing in real estate and art but sports cards are the most fun as one gets to watch the players' careers unfold before their eyes! And, as a LONG-TERM investor, I don't care if Jameis pulls a Big Ben and throws 4 picks in a game, or pulls a Favre and throws 6 picks in a playoff game, or pulls a Brady a loses to a far inferior QB in the SuperBowl twice, or pulls a Mariota and throws just two non-screen-pass TD's in 7 games ... or ... pulls a Roethlisberger and gets carried to a SuperBowl by a great team while he has the worst statistical game a QB has ever had in a SuperBowl, or pulls a Marino and throws for the most yards in a season ever but then never wins a single ring ... I am enjoying watching Jameis' career unfold and would love to be able to hold onto all my primary "Lucky 13" cards until around his Hall of Fame induction or even after ... he's a joy to watch play and I believe in his talent and future which makes it doubly fun.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Josh Rosen will be the first QB taken in my eyes next year. Darnold will be a high draft pick, and you never know if a team would trade up and try to stash him on the bench to learn a system, since a lot of the premier QB's in the league are on the back end of their careers.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Josh Rosen will be the first QB taken in my eyes next year. Darnold will be a high draft pick, and you never know if a team would trade up and try to stash him on the bench to learn a system, since a lot of the premier QB's in the league are on the back end of their careers.

I'd be very surprised if Darnold isn't a day 1 starter as I imagine whatever team drafts him will hand him the keys to the kingdom ... as for Rosen, I like him and think he may be more pro-ready than Darnold but Darnold seems to gave a far higher "ceiling" and more arm talent ... and there seems to be a concern that Rosen is something of an outspoken SJW who many owners will think is a hassle ... there's also Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson ... and maybe even Baker Mayfield ... 5 potential first round QBs ... should be a fun draft!

I'd imagine the Browns and Jets will be draft a day 1 starter ... and I'd think the Giants, Chargers, Cardinals and Steelers may all draft QBs as well ... and those would be good situations for a kid to sit and learn for a year perhaps.
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 11-07-2017 at 08:47 PM.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

I'd be very surprised if Darnold isn't a day 1 starter as I imagine whatever team drafts him will hand him the keys to the kingdom ... as for Rosen, I like him and think he may be more pro-ready than Darnold but Darnold seems to gave a far higher "ceiling" and more arm talent ... and there seems to be a concern that Rosen is something of an outspoken SJW who many owners will think is a hassle ... there's also Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson ... and maybe even Baker Mayfield ... 5 potential first round QBs ... should be a fun draft!

I'd imagine the Browns and Jets will be draft a day 1 starter ... and I'd think the Giants, Chargers, Cardinals and Steelers may all draft QBs as well ... and those would be good situations for a kid to sit and learn for a year perhaps.

There might be up to 7 QB's taken in the 1st round, which would be crazy. I heard a few analysts saying that if the Steelers would want to draft their heir apparent to Big Ben, that they would target Mayfield if he is available.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There might be up to 7 QB's taken in the 1st round, which would be crazy. I heard a few analysts saying that if the Steelers would want to draft their heir apparent to Big Ben, that they would target Mayfield if he is available.

I think this could be funnest (this should be a word, hahaha) draft since 84 honestly ... 7 1st round QBs would be awesome and would probably mean there will be tons of trades ... awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think this could be funnest (this should be a word, hahaha) draft since 84 honestly ... 7 1st round QBs would be awesome and would probably mean there will be tons of trades ... awesome!

I sure hope it is a draft that turns out good. It seems like all the hyped modern draft classes in football have been total bombs especially now with the 2012 draft turning into garbage.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12