Poll: Do you read the back of your cards?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Do you read the back of your cards?

Do you read the back of your cards? Or is this no longer a thing/important.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Sometimes. That 2010 Pinnacle set had great write-ups on the back of every card instead of stats. The Tough Times inserts were especially good.
    Wanted: Blues #'d, AU, GU. Especially Federko, CuJo, Hull, MacInnis, Demitra, Tarasenko
    Traders on Flickr - Hidden Content
    I auto-accept 20% off on Hidden Content

Sure do ! The cards backing might not have as much info as years past (depending on the card), but there still can be a sweet little blurb written on the back of a sick auto/memorabilia card. Makes you remember something neat about said player.

Plus it brings me back to my roots of collecting when me and some of my friends would read the backs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

I dont collect a lot of base / insert cards with write ups on the back.

Usually UD is just congratulating me
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by canucksfan007 View Post
    I dont collect a lot of base / insert cards with write ups on the back.

Usually UD is just congratulating me
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Yes.

It's still a great way to learn something about your favorite players. Especially if the write-ups are done well. And even more so if there's a little cartoon on the back.

1973+TOPPS+008+3.jpg 1973+TOPPS+008+1.jpg
    Last edited by Thick McRunfast; 11-02-2017 at 05:03 PM.

I try to, but the more modern cards and the aging eyes don't mix well any more. Need magnification assistance more and more. Middle Age stinks sometimes.
    My teams are Redskins, Rams, Nationals (Senators), Orioles, Capitals, Wizards (Bullets) and Univ Maryland for College football. I like to trade team for team since I usually don't have the superstars people want or crave.
    I am working on the 1965 Topps Baseball set build Hidden Content .
    BLOGS: Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

I do sometimes. Usually I will read the rookies to learn more about them. Or if I need to learn how to pronounce their names, thank you MVP.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

Yes I do still read the backs of my cards. Everything from stats to memorable moments if any.
    PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Stanton, Kemp, Pujols, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Joey Votto, Griffey Jr, Craig Biggio, Bagwell, Helton, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV & I only ship within the United States.
    Cards FT/FS~Hidden Content
    Scans/Pix~ Hidden Content

Always. For someone who collected as a kid back in the late 60's and early 70's have always read the backs. As others stated some cards have interesting facts as well as stats. Or cartoons. Can not build a set without reading card backs. Still part of the thrill of collecting to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast