Poll: Is Andrew Luck a BUST?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Andrew luck done for the year - is he a historic bust?

The Colts just placed Andrew Luck on season-ending Injured Reserve ... he has now missed 26 games in the last 3 years ...

I went to my Twitter account today and people are calling Luck a BUST and saying he's one of the worst busts ever ... to me that is absolutely absurd. The kid is a great QB when healthy and he played every single game his first 3 years in the league ... injuries are injuries and they could happen to anyone.

What's your thoughts?
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    I'm not a Luck collector but I am actually am a huge fan of the kid. He just seems like a wonderful young man and when he's healthy he is a joy to watch sling the football.

However, injuries are scary and looking at his career stats makes me realize just how fickle QB's careers can be.

Luck will be 29 next year, no spring chicken and right now, with his 28 year old season over he stands at 19,078 passing yards and 132 TD's ... not bad at all, better than Aaron Rodgers, but still, not on any sort of pace to top the charts when all is said and done.

I look at Jameis in comparison and as long as the kid keeps playing every game and toughing out the injuries he suffers like he has done for 3 years, by the time he finishes his 28 year old season in 2022, he will likely have over 36,000 passing yards and 240+ TDs, almost double what Luck has at the same age ... that's insane.

The above said, it also makes me marvel at Drew Brees career numbers ... I was never a Chargers or Saints fan and never even really a Brees fan but as the years have gone by I have really grown to respect and love that guy and I consider him to be one of the most under-appreciated and under-valued (in terms of sports card prices) players in history. This is a guy that turned 24 years old in the season in which he made his first start (Jameis by comparison has started 39 games already and won't turn 24 until the current regular season ends), didn't have his first 4,000 yard season until the season in which he turned 28 years old, and yet now looks like an almost sure-thing to retire as the NFL's ALL-TIME leader in passing yards and TDs ... what an unbelievable career!

I for one am hoping Andrew Luck can get healthy, maybe land on a new team that won't ruin his career, and reach his ultimate potential ... just not when he plays Jameis, hahahha.

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.

Drew Brees is a beast! Nick Saban wanted him on the Fins so bad. When they did not make it happen for him he skip town. That would have been an unholy marriage Saban-Brees
    Check out my Collection!
    Hidden Content
    if the offer is right I will deal anything
    I am a collector of the New York JetsHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Forest View Post
    Drew Brees is a beast! Nick Saban wanted him on the Fins so bad. When they did not make it happen for him he skip town. That would have been an unholy marriage Saban-Brees
    It would have made things a whole lot more difficult for Brady/Bellichick as well as they've had the fortune of playing against garbage AFC East completion for over a decade

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
    Too early.
    He'll be twenty-nine years old next year ...

It is still too early to tell. He could get hurt again next year and never play again or he could win a Super Bowl in couple of years.

But I really can't see how anybody can say he one of the worst buts ever since he isn't even the worst #1 QB pick in the past couple of drafts. I mean I'd take Luck over Bradford at this point. And this is all without mentioning Jamarcus Russell who could be one of the biggest QB busts of all time.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    It is still too early to tell. He could get hurt again next year and never play again or he could win a Super Bowl in couple of years.

But I really can't see how anybody can say he one of the worst buts ever since he isn't even the worst #1 QB pick in the past couple of drafts. I mean I'd take Luck over Bradford at this point. And this is all without mentioning Jamarcus Russell who could be one of the biggest QB busts of all time.
    I agree, I can't label him a bust in any way, shape or form ... he's too good a QB when healthy to be a bust in my opinion.

However, I can sort of see where Colts fans are coming from if they feel he is a bust because they dumped Manning to get him and haven't won a ring since while Manning went and won a ring with the Broncos, so I guess if Luck never wins a ring in Indy those fans may always consider him a bust since Peyton won one in Denver ... that's not fair to Luck but it is what it is I guess.

He has been in the NFL long enough now to be considered a bust or not. He is not. He has had several successful and productive seasons in the NFL. Busts don't. Now if you are asking if he's lived up to the high expectations I would say no to that. But like others have said there is still time for him. He has been very unlucky the past couple of seasons.
    Hidden Content - use drop down box to view other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs, Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like current Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU, and Roger Federer

Quote Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
    He has been in the NFL long enough now to be considered a bust or not. He is not. He has had several successful and productive seasons in the NFL. Busts don't. Now if you are asking if he's lived up to the high expectations I would say no to that. But like others have said there is still time for him. He has been very unlucky the past couple of seasons.
    Well said!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast