Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Did you see the whole thing or just hear about it? Lattimore was on the Bucs sideline and Jameis told Lattimore to go to his own sideline and then just pointed at the back of his helmet so the official would see and throw a flag on Lattimore ... Jameis kept pointing and touched the back of Lattimore's helmet and Lattimore reacted like the punk by shoving Jameis ... Mike Evans than blasted Lattimore which was stupid but understandable in football ... however in no way did Jameis act like a moron or even do anything bad at all ... he was trying to help his team by drawing a penalty on Lattimore and honestly had Evans not came and nailed Lattimore, he probably would have done just that.

Yeah I saw the whole thing. The issue is Jameis being involved in the first place. He wasn't playing because he was injured right? Well they why the heck was he right by the field of play initiating conflict? That is inexcusable. He blatantly pushed the back of the helmet of an opposing player from the sideline which escalated the entire situation. Next thing you know he's in the middle of the scrum on the ground with an already hurt shoulder. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets fined.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah I saw the whole thing. The issue is Jameis being involved in the first place. He wasn't playing because he was injured right? Well they why the heck was he right by the field of play initiating conflict? That is inexcusable.

Inexcusable? I LOVED it! He's out injured and can't help his team on the field and he sees a way to try and get Lattimore a 15 yard penalty and takes it ... this is just another reason why I love Jameis ... does he always make the "wise" decisions? Absolutely not! He routinely sets blocks for his runners, mixes it up with defensemen, etc., but that is the type of fire and passion I want to see from a QB ala Favre, McNair, Brady, especially on a bad team with a coach who seems to have quit and resigned to the fact he's going to get fired. I loved it!

He blatantly pushed the back of the helmet of an opposing player from the sideline which escalated the entire situation.

Even if that were true, I'd say "good" as he's trying to draw a flag on Lattimore, but that's not true ... Jameis was looking around at the referees and pointing to Lattimore ... he kept pointing and his finger nudged the back of Lattimore's helmet, there was no "push" or anything to instigate Lattimore turning around and shoving him ... that should have drawn a 15 yard flag (and probably would have if not for Evans unnecessary subsequent blasting of Lattimore) and had it, Jameis would have done a great thing for his team. Again, I loved it!

Next thing you know he's in the middle of the scrum on the ground with an already hurt shoulder. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets fined.

He quickly tried to pull Evans off Lattimore and fell on the ground ... he wasn't fighting or anything of the sort ... I would be chocked if he gets fined, but even if he does, who cares ... no one actually cares about fines as they're meaningless.

Again, Jameis is more Favre than Montana but I love every bit of it ... that was more passion and more of an attempt to help his team while being hurt, in one mere quarter, than I have seen Andrew Luck display in the past year of being injured ... Jameis has a never-die attitude and will fight to the death ... he reminds me of the knight in Monty Python that after having his arms and legs chopped off starts screaming at his opponent, "Get back here, I will bite you to death" ... I love it!
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 11-05-2017 at 09:23 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

One of ESPN's top headlines right now:

"Jameis push leads to Saints-Bucs skirmish"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...neers-sideline

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

One of ESPN's top headlines right now:

"Jameis push leads to Saints-Bucs skirmish"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...neers-sideline

You do realize that ESPN like pretty much every news site on earth uses click-bait titles to draw views, right? I remember seeing one headline a while back that said something like "Jameis Winston's Football Buddy accused of ...", I mean, come on. When Aaron Hernandez was found guilty of murder were there any articles saying, "Tom Brady's Football Buddy Found Guilty of Murder"? Of course not.

If one believes the mere title of every article they read, one will have an extremely biased view of a great many issues ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

BTW the title of the article could easily have been:

Lattimore refuses to leave Buccaneers sideline and fight ensues

Lattimore's shove of Winston leads to fight with Evans

Mike Evans retaliates after Lattimore shoves Winston

Etc., etc., etc.,.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Cardinals Oklahoma City Thunder Kansas City Chiefs
    See wizardofoz82's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

BTW the title of the article could easily have been:

Lattimore refuses to leave Buccaneers sideline and fight ensues

Lattimore's shove of Winston leads to fight with Evans

Mike Evans retaliates after Lattimore shoves Winston

Etc., etc., etc.,.

Lattimore had reason to be there at least, even if he lingered. Winston shouldn't have been anywhere close and he wasn't trying to point out Lattimore to the referees. He was mouthing like he always is. I know you're a Winston fan but he didn't just "touch" the back of his helmet. Your head doesn't move when someone just "touches" your helmet. You don't turn around when someone just "touches" your helmet.

Even Winston himself doesn't try to say he was pointing it out to the refs. During the postgame "Winston told reporters that he poked Lattimore as a way of "telling him to go to his sideline." When asked for his thoughts on Evans' retaliation, he said, "Well, Marshon Lattimore pushed his quarterback."

Evans getting a 1 game suspension is a joke. It should have been 3 or 4 probably. That was inexcusable and beyond dirty.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lattimore had reason to be there at least, even if he lingered. Winston shouldn't have been anywhere close

Lattimore had a more valid reason to be on the Buccaneers sideline than Jameis himself did? Um, I'm not sure I follow your logic ...

and he wasn't trying to point out Lattimore to the referees. He was mouthing like he always is. I know you're a Winston fan but he didn't just "touch" the back of his helmet. Your head doesn't move when someone just "touches" your helmet. You don't turn around when someone just "touches" your helmet.

Watch the clip ... he pokes the back of his helmet ... Lattimore turns around and shoves him. I have no problem with either Jameis' or Lattimore's behavior, I don't think it was a big deal at all ... Evans' hit was a big deal though and completely ridiculous.

Even Winston himself doesn't try to say he was pointing it out to the refs. During the postgame "Winston told reporters that he poked Lattimore as a way of "telling him to go to his sideline." When asked for his thoughts on Evans' retaliation, he said, "Well, Marshon Lattimore pushed his quarterback."

That's a soundbite ... and I have no problem with it ... Jameis and every other QB can tell an opposing player to get off their sideline and stop preening ... as for Evans, he was defending Jameis and Jameis with his words was just defending his WR, but Evans' hit on Lattimore was absurd and I'm glad he got suspended as he should never do anything like that again ...

Evans getting a 1 game suspension is a joke. It should have been 3 or 4 probably. That was inexcusable and beyond dirty.

Most didn't think he'd get anything but a fine and at least one game less than AJ Green would get for choking, slamming and repeatedly punching Jalen Ramsay for a harmless shove to the ground ... I'm glad Evans got a 1 game suspension though as he needs to know to never do that again ... I'm shocked AJ Green didn't get a game though ...

Regardless, I can pretty much guarantee you if that whole scene had played about with Rodgers, Brady or Brees or even Manning, Roeethlisberger, Rivers and one of their young WR's ... the media would have blamed Lattimore's push on the QB as the escalation point and the WR's hit on Lattimore .... they either wouldn't have barely mentioned the QB's poke or would have praised it as a veteran QB protecting his territory ... the media is a complete joke.

Again, this has nothing to do with me being a "fan" of anyone ... I am NOT a Bucs fan ... I'm a fan of players and Jameis AND Brees are two of my favorites ... this has to do with common sense and I have NO QUALMS AT ALL with what Jameis did or if any other QB would do the same thing ... I have a huge problem with what Evans did as he could have caused an injury!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There's a good article on ESPN today about the helmet poke and all that by reporter Jenna Laine ... my two favorite paragraphs were:

[Jameis stated] "Resilience is one of the most beautiful things about life," Winston said. "You get a chance to go through troubling times and keep your faith in God and continue to be who you are and continue to get better. That's one thing we all miss sometimes. Yeah, we're all gonna go through some tough times and face some adversity, but one of the most beautiful things is how you overcome that adversity and show how resilient you are."

Winston isn't your average 23-year-old, but he's still finding his way not just as a player but as a man. Despite being in his third year in the league, he's a year and a half younger than Dak Prescott and the same age as Jared Goff, both in their second seasons, as well as rookie Mitch Trubisky.

I love Jameis ... every thing about him ... I just love it! And yes, I also love Brees, Rivers, Wentz and many other players .. I'm not a team fan, I'm a fan of players!
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 11-09-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12