Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duchene traded to Ottawa

Duchene traded to Ottawa

Duchene traded to Ottawa: http://www.tsn.ca/duchene-traded-to-...-deal-1.906488 for a bunch of players and picks. Trade involves Nashville as well who gets Turris. Thoughts?
    COLLECTING NY RANGERS
    Most Wanted: 2012-13 Fleer Retro Auto 40 Messier, 2006-07 Parkhurst Auto 196 Esposito
    Downsizing my Rangers PC: Hundreds of cards available, check out my
    Hidden Content and my COMC account

It’s a pretty big deal. Sakic held out until he got what he wanted in return and I would say he should be pretty happy with his haul.

Turris to the Preds as well and he gets the six-year extension.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

Nicely done for the Avs !
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

win win win for all 3 teams in my opinion
    Duchene will up Ottawas offence
    Turris is a great fit in Nashville
    Colorado cleaned up

anddddddddddddddd my Oilers lost againnnnnnnn

Have Ottawa lost their mind?

Maybe they had no chance of extending Turris, and if that's the case then this does make a little more sense.... but here's what I see:

Duchene is a big name, that got 70 points once in his career. Is he a 70 point guy? I don't believe so, and please come back and tag me in this post if he hits 70 this year or next with Ottawa... because I bet he won't.

Turris had 27 goals last year. He had seasons with 26 and 24 in Ottawa, plus an injury riddled 13 goal season. I think calling him a "25 goal" guy is a fair comment.

Duchene has scored exactly 30 once, plus seasons with 27, 24, 23, 21, and a few under 20. I think calling him a 25 goal guy might be slightly optimistic... but 20+ is certainly expected.

I'm not sure the Duchene's offense is actually an upgrade on Turris'. Maybe it is? I will buy into the idea that he's a marginal upgrade - certainly not a major one though.

For that upgrade, it cost them a 1st, 3rd, a prospect, and a backup goalie. That's a steep price to pay.

Colorado? They added 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks... a young D in Girard that can play now, a couple other prospects I don't know much about, and a goalie that doesn't really matter. That's a great package, IMO.

Nashville: They get a big upgrade at Centre, and it only cost them futures. Great deal.

This is basically what I though when I read the trade, which was part of the reason I created this post. I definitely don't think Duchene = Turris + everything else they gave up. I read an article by Ian Mendes this morning that was wondering how Nashville was able to extend Turris so quickly to a "reasonable" contract and Ottawa wasn't able to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 30ranfordfan View Post

Maybe they had no chance of extending Turris, and if that's the case then this does make a little more sense.... but here's what I see:

Duchene is a big name, that got 70 points once in his career. Is he a 70 point guy? I don't believe so, and please come back and tag me in this post if he hits 70 this year or next with Ottawa... because I bet he won't.

Turris had 27 goals last year. He had seasons with 26 and 24 in Ottawa, plus an injury riddled 13 goal season. I think calling him a "25 goal" guy is a fair comment.

Duchene has scored exactly 30 once, plus seasons with 27, 24, 23, 21, and a few under 20. I think calling him a 25 goal guy might be slightly optimistic... but 20+ is certainly expected.

I'm not sure the Duchene's offense is actually an upgrade on Turris'. Maybe it is? I will buy into the idea that he's a marginal upgrade - certainly not a major one though.

For that upgrade, it cost them a 1st, 3rd, a prospect, and a backup goalie. That's a steep price to pay.

Colorado? They added 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks... a young D in Girard that can play now, a couple other prospects I don't know much about, and a goalie that doesn't really matter. That's a great package, IMO.

Nashville: They get a big upgrade at Centre, and it only cost them futures. Great deal.
    COLLECTING NY RANGERS
    Most Wanted: 2012-13 Fleer Retro Auto 40 Messier, 2006-07 Parkhurst Auto 196 Esposito
    Downsizing my Rangers PC: Hundreds of cards available, check out my
    Hidden Content and my COMC account

Quote Originally Posted by 30ranfordfan View Post

Couldn't agree more on Duchenes value. I know Ottawa gave up more because they protected all their blue Chip prospects but feels like they gave Turris up for free. Trade dead line i have to assume he at minimum brings Ott a first.
    So Duchene for 2 1st, Bowers (last years 1st) 3rd and an AHL goalie. Not sure i agree duchene worth three 1st and a 3rd but hope that sets the market a bit for Centers as im sure RNH will be set a sail before to long!

Have to think that if right wing help was available.... RNH gets moved sooner rather than later. Oilers need it BAD. I have assumed since this time last year that Hopkins would get traded next offseason though.

If Draistle moves into the 2C slot, then Hopkins gets moved to save them from the pending cap crunch.

Off course Chia will probably just flip him somewhere for a couple of slow grinders, and the team gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by JEG View Post
    Couldn't agree more on Duchenes value. I know Ottawa gave up more because they protected all their blue Chip prospects but feels like they gave Turris up for free. Trade dead line i have to assume he at minimum brings Ott a first.
    So Duchene for 2 1st, Bowers (last years 1st) 3rd and an AHL goalie. Not sure i agree duchene worth three 1st and a 3rd but hope that sets the market a bit for Centers as im sure RNH will be set a sail before to long!

Ottawa is close to the cap with I believe Stone and Ceci to sign in the very near future.

But I don't see how this trade helps their cap number. Duchene makes 6 million a season... which is what Turris just extended for. Assuming they could have had Turris on the same 6x6 deal Nashville signed him to - the cap hits next year would be identical. Maybe Duchene will extend for less money?

Quote Originally Posted by Chromagguy View Post
    Ottawa is close to the cap with I believe Stone and Ceci to sign in the very near future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast