Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Andrew Luck is:

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Andrew luck may be a headcase who's faking his injury, or may never throw another nfl pass???

It's all over Twitter that Colts owner Jim Irsay told Tony Dungy that Luck isn't playing, not because he's actually injured, but because "it's in his head", while other reports are surfacing that Luck's injury is so bad that he may NEVER throw another pass in the NFL.

This is wild. If his injury is so bad he may never throw another pass, Jim Irsay should be ashamed of himself for slandering the young man.

If on the other hand, Luck has flaked out and is refusing to play after getting his guaranteed money because "it's in his head", many would say Luck should be ashamed of himself.

I can't remember such a weird situation playing out with a franchise QB ... this is just bizarre.

Everyone knows I believe Jameis will go down as the GOAT QB of his generation when all is said and done, but I LOVE watching Andrew Luck play and respect the young man a great deal. Honestly, Jameis, Wentz, Luck, Deshaun Watson and Sam Darnold are my favorite QBs to "watch" and I'd hate to see Luck be forced to retire due to injury while at the same time being slandered by his owner; that's just ridiculous!

At the same time ... I don't know that Jim Irsay is lying ... maybe the Colts' team doctors really did clear Luck to play but Luck refused because the injury is "in his head" and Irsay was actually trying to protect him by saying he was injured enough to be put on I.R. ... but confided in Tony Dungy that Luck was flaking out and was not really I injured ...

This whole situation is just so strange ... however, who knows, maybe Luck has decided it would be best to keep his guaranteed money, never play another down of football, pursue other interests (he's a smart young man with a massive bank account to pursue pretty much whatever he wants), keep his long-term health and brain in tact, etc ... and if that's his decision, than I still wish him nothing but the best!

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't really know why the owner would be saying it is in his head like Luck playing this season will do anything for the Colts. They are done and even if Luck did play this season they aren't making the playoffs so it is better if he just takes the rest of the year off and comes back next year 100% healthy. I mean if you plan on trading Luck why would you say bad stuff about him which will only cause his value to go down? Doesn't make sense.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't really know why the owner would be saying it is in his head like Luck playing this season will do anything for the Colts. They are done and even if Luck did play this season they aren't making the playoffs so it is better if he just takes the rest of the year off and comes back next year 100% healthy.

It seems like Irsay may be saying that Luck could have easily started game 1 this year but just refused to ... I can see any owner being furious about that.

I mean if you plan on trading Luck why would you say bad stuff about him which will only cause his value to go down? Doesn't make sense.

I agree that wouldn't make sense *if* Irsay was/is planning to trade him, but then again, some GM's (Phil Jackson comes to mind) do like to trash players they want to trade. However, it seems to me that Irsay did not want to trade Luck and wanted Luck to start Game 1 this year but that Luck refused and he did so because he flaked out and the injury is "in his head" and that Irsay told that info to Tony Dungy in confidence, not realizing it would leak later ... at least that seems like the Irsay side of the story ... I'd like to hear Luck or even just his agent give his side of the story ...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Irsay consistently one of the worst owners in sports.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Irsay consistently one of the worst owners in sports.

Are you a Colts fan? If so, can you tell me why Colts fans feel that way? I ask because under Irsay's leadership the Colts have won a SB, went to a ton of conference title games and had one of the better league records during that time which seems pretty impressive for a super small market team in Indianapolis, no?

SCF Rewards
    Country

[B]It seems like Irsay may be saying that Luck could have easily started game 1 this year but just refused to ... I can see any owner being furious about that.

If that's the case I could see it. But then again if Luck did try to start the first game of the season and suffered a huge setback everyone would be asking why did he try to rush back? I already said that he shouldn't have rushed back before the season started because the Colts weren't good enough so why take the risk? I mean it isn't like the Colts were Super Bowl ready and just needed a good QB to put them over the top. That I could see.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If that's the case I could see it. But then again if Luck did try to start the first game of the season and suffered a huge setback everyone would be asking why did he try to rush back? I already said that he shouldn't have rushed back before the season started because the Colts weren't good enough so why take the risk? I mean it isn't like the Colts were Super Bowl ready and just needed a good QB to put them over the top. That I could see.

I agree with you

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

Are you a Colts fan? If so, can you tell me why Colts fans feel that way? I ask because under Irsay's leadership the Colts have won a SB, went to a ton of conference title games and had one of the better league records during that time which seems pretty impressive for a super small market team in Indianapolis, no?

I'm not a Colts fan but they had a hall of fame GM making the decisions from around 1998 to 2012, when they've had virtually all of their success as a franchise.
    Then Irsay fired him, got busted with a duffel bag full of pills and allowed Andrew Luck to get murdered by a terrible Oline. So, yeah. I think people in Indy are probably fed up with him.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now