FT: 1996-97 Ultra Clear the Ice #9 Brendan Shanahan SUPER RARE!

Looking for the best 1 card 90's insert offer of either Lemieux or Jagr... not looking for multiple cards, or any other inserts. Not trading by book value either, as this set is not valued anywhere near what they are worth... crazy rare insert set! Best 1 card offer will get it, or it heads to eBay. Thanks!
    I collect Crosby, Lemieux & Jagr (Pens Uniform).
    Specifically looking for rare-ish 90's inserts of Lemieux & Jagr.

2. Find Hockey Cards on Kronozio!!
    @tbcurran1 not sure what value you're putting on the Shanny (they're not all that common, but still not worth a heck of a lot) but I have a 94-95 Pinnacle Rink Collection Lemieux if you need it.
    Hidden Content -- Twitter @BackyardRink
    TRADING FOR: Various singles & set needs
    Jarome Iginla Autographs & Game-Used
    Senators (NHL/AHL) Autographs

Hi DaveS, thanks for the reply but I'll pass. I know these cards have lower end book value, but from my own research and years of hunting for the Jagr, I can assure you that they have a real world value of about 3 times the book value (look at past eBay sales for them and you'll see what I mean).

Bottom line, I'd just rather keep it unless I get 3 times BV in trade, or 2 times BV in a sale (as I know it will get at least 2 times BV if I put it on eBay... was really just hoping to see if there was a similarly rare Lemieux or Jagr on here to get first).

Quote Originally Posted by tbcurran1 View Post
    Hi DaveS, thanks for the reply but I'll pass. I know these cards have lower end book value, but from my own research and years of hunting for the Jagr, I can assure you that they have a real world value of about 3 times the book value (look at past eBay sales for them and you'll see what I mean).

Bottom line, I'd just rather keep it unless I get 3 times BV in trade, or 2 times BV in a sale (as I know it will get at least 2 times BV if I put it on eBay... was really just hoping to see if there was a similarly rare Lemieux or Jagr on here to get first).
    I did check eBay when I first read your post because I was curious to see what they do sell for. The only 2 completed sales I found were a Jim Carey that sold for $3 CDN and a Patrick Roy that sold for Best Offer with an asking price of $35. It books for $50 so that means that it sold for well below BV. All depends on timing I guess, some of those 90's inserts do sell pretty high occasionally. Best of luck if/when you list yours. :)
    Hidden Content -- Twitter @BackyardRink
    TRADING FOR: Various singles & set needs
    Jarome Iginla Autographs & Game-Used
    Senators (NHL/AHL) Autographs

Yeah, not sure about the Jim Carey but the Roy I saw sold for $50... either way, the fact that only a handful can be found sold over the last several years speaks volumes. You just never see these things available anywhere! lol