Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Thoughts from the Toronto Expo

Members -

Yesterday I was able to break away from life for a couple of moments and spend the bulk of the day in Toronto, Canada for Fall Expo. As a Hockey collector, it is one of the best shows to attend because of all of the eye-candy that is available. I did manage to find a Corey Kluber Auto for myself as well! So score!

However, yesterday was not all about looking for cards. These shows are about the friends you have and the friends you make during the time there. Also, as the person that pays the bills here, its about getting feedback on the site, no matter how harsh it might seem. You also learn about how people try to use SCF as a resource for research, what is good, bad and frankly bad.

I was told by numerous members (active and not fully active) that SCF is better today than it been a year ago, 2 years ago. Which is due to folks like you that make SCF a great place, the staff that really help make the engine run and a bit of me playing class clown every so often. With this said, we are not perfect, we will never be perfect, but we do need to try to be better tomorrow than today. I think this is really true with life.

So, what did I learn yesterday

1) Member Lists - Last month I removed looking for / loading member lists on the site because it was taking a bit of extra time on the site. However, without realizing it, this was a resource that several groups leverage in order to try to find out information about feedback. I will need to make sure that when I do reactivate this, there is a way for you know how you can find out information about a potential trade partner.

2) Feedback - I know I have heard this one before and this does not seem to be fully and SCF only issue. However, when you make a deal with someone, please, please, please leave feedback for that member. This feedback can provide a path for a new member get out of their probationary MSF (20 or less feedback) or get a member to a different user level or get them to an Immortal status, which has its own perks.

Additionally, you could be costing yourself Reward Points for transactions!

If you need to review your deals, you should be able to use the advance search in the Trade Manager (https://www.sportscardforum.com/scftm/trade/search) and search for your user name. This should give you a listing all the deals you have made on SCF going back at least 10 years. If you notice that a deal is not closed that should have been, please close it and give the feedback.

Yes, this is an important function on SCF and overall in the hobby help keep the good ones and weed out the poor ones.

3) Growth - I have discussed this with the staff that I really would like SCF to be multi-faceted as not only a forum, but as a resource. Whether that resource is printing off checklists from the Inventory Manager (which I saw a number of people still carrying paper yesterday) or seeing how likely a player is to return a TTM request or to watch/view other people's breaks to get a sense of the products, I would love to make SCF that resource. Nothing is imminent at the moment or before the end of the year; however, 2018 could mark some changes.

At the end of the day, the more people on the site, posting, using the tools is a good thing and a good problem to have.

I also hope to have a couple announcements to make in the upcoming weeks. Nothing that I can discuss now.

Thank you all for reading this.

Scott

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

and you are interested in what I picked up for my collection here is my Show and Tell thread

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...8-Expo-pickups