Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Boston Red Sox Notre Dame Fighting Irish

1991-92 Pro Set #340 Bill Barilko?

I bought x thousands of cards from a guy and of course the token bazillion pro sets were in there. Was gonna give em to my buddys kid for free but then saw this 340 Bill Barilko card sells and has sold for decent prices. Whats the significance? Are there not a million available like all pro set cards? Ive pulled 7 out already.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It is the card Gord Downie sings about in the Tragically Hip song Fifty Mission Cap that tells the story about Bill Barilko going missing and the Leafs not winning a cup until they found his body.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Boston Red Sox Notre Dame Fighting Irish

It is the card Gord Downie sings about in the Tragically Hip song Fifty Mission Cap that tells the story about Bill Barilko going missing and the Leafs not winning a cup until they found his body.

ya, I just dont see how that makes the card go up that much in value being that its such a mass produced card. Seems like it would be pretty easy to get. But Im also not aware of the ins and outs of the card game