Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Darryl Strawberry

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Darryl Strawberry

As noted in my IP thread I saw Darryl last night and have and extra one of his books Don't Give On Me which is a soft cover and signed in black
    I am just looking for the cost of the ticket I purchased for this which was $30.00. That covered the cost of the book and his talking, Q and A and then his signing the book. Also whatever the cost of the freight is as I have no idea.
    I also have this posted on my other site so if anyone is interested the first one to ask will get the book
    Hope there is a Strawberry fan here

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

I know Darryl has been traveling around promoting the book. He said he was going on Dr Oz and The Tonight Show when we saw him and I did see him on The Tonight Show. I went and checked his Ministries page and he is selling the book on there autographed for $20.00 plus $5.00 shipping. I am willing to do that if someone is looking for the book

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Just finished the above book and wow. Either I did not want to believe all the stories I heard over time of Darryl or I just did not care.
    This book covers from his childhood until now. Through his addictions as a child the 1986,1998, and 1999 championship teams. It also covers his end of his career and then his life of dumpsters and crack houses. It also covers him wanting to end his life then the finding of God plus lots more in between.
    I know when Darryl talked that night I saw him he talked of our children and how many are dying each and everyday from addictions or alcohol. I listened and like most people you read the paper and thats all we know unless it happens to you. After reading this book I now understand what he was talking about more and being a leader in my counties 4 H program and working with children 6 to 19 even though our kids are good it will make me more vigilant on my observations.
    There are 12 chapters and each chapter starts with a Dr. talking about Darryl and other addicts.It then has Darryl's story for that chapter followed by another Dr's notes and comments on that chapter.

Besides getting Darryls autographs on my items that night which was my main reason for going it has added something else in my life and that is that growing up in my family was truly a blessing and not falling into the demons that people had in this book. I thank my parents for that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Book is spoken for thanks for looking

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Straw is my fave baseball player of all-time and I don't even have a close 2nd ... I guess it would probably be Frank Thomas ... of course, I also basically NEVER watch a baseball game unless it's Game 7 of the World Series