Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

I honestly thought we were looking at Josh McDaniels, so now I have no idea, I hope it's someone decent, I am a little nervous now lol, McDaniels is who I wanted if Mularky left and now he is off the boards.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I honestly thought we were looking at Josh McDaniels, so now I have no idea, I hope it's someone decent, I am a little nervous now lol, McDaniels is who I wanted if Mularky left and now he is off the boards.

Yeah, I agree that McDaniels could have been perfect for Mariota ... now, I have no clue ... maybe Chip Kelley will leave UCLA to come back and coach Mariota ... and then trade all the Titans good players like he did in Philly, hahahaha

I'd honestly give Jim Schwartz and Jack Del Rio a real look ... Schwartz is a mad man and a defensive wizard and Del Rio didn't deserve to be fired by the Raiders imho

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Yeah I wouldn't mind looking at any of those , the Raiders were a major let down this year though and deserved or not you know how the NFL is, what have you done for me lately attitude and sadly that is likely why he lost his job, deserved or not. It we keep Lebeau him and Schwartz would be a really interesting combo for our defense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

I wouldn't say Ryan Fitzpatrick is "crap" ... he filled in admirably for Jameis while he was resting his injured throwing shoulder, but now Jameis is back starting ... and if he's healthy, he'll likely put up his normal 300+- yards, but honestly, even old man Fitzpatrick has looked far superior to Marcus Mariota this year ... Mariota has 9 TD passes and 12 picks ... those are worse than TeBow numbers and many Titans fans seem to want the team to draft a new QB this year ... but pwaldo is right ... the Titans don't need a good QB to win their division as they are clearly the most well-rounded team in the AFC South ... Mariota can continue to throw more picks than INTs and they will still walk away with that division imho ... by the way, right after they got destroyed by Deshaun Watson and the Texans I said Titans fans needn't worry as the team's remaining schedule was so easy they would win 11-12 games ... it looks like I was spot on with that prediction.

Tebow and Mariota have playoff wins .....enough said

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Tebow and Mariota have playoff wins .....enough said

Yup ... and Tebow was OUT OF THE LEAGUE at 26 years of age .... NUFF SAID!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

How are you Titans fans feeling about the season? I've actually been defending Mariota a bit on Twitter lately as I think people have gone overboard in ripping him. Even ESPN's "First Take" had a segment where they were talking about the best QBs just in the AFC South division and one of the talking heads said, "No one respects Mariota" and then the other talking head started laughing and agreeing ... it was weird.

I mean, I know the guy had a histrically horrible season last year but he's still only 24 years old, had a very nice first 2 years when he was healthy, and has a new pass-happy offensive coordinator in tow for this season ... I personally expect him to bounce back.

The Titan's also once again have a super easy schedule ... over the ast 3 years they have either had the easiest or the 2nd easiest SOS (Strength of Schedule) in the entire NFL and this year they have the 3rd easiest, so I do think another playoff berth is possible.

So, how are you Texan fans feeling? Do you like the new O-Coordinator? The new Head Coach? The new Free Agents (Malcolm Butler and Dion Lewis from New England)?

What are your team predictions and Mariota projections?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mariota now has just 5 TD passes in his last NINE GAMES dating back to last season and has thrown for LESS THAN 135 yards in 5 of his last 6 games dating back to last season … I mean, I love the young man, but that is like pre-SuperBowl, leather-helmet type stats when the "forward pass" was a brand new concept … WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON ??????

I loved Tim Tebow but he was basically run out of the league after just 14 starts, and after winning a playoff game as a starting QB (which Mariota also did last season) … and even Tebow whose name has become synonymous with a "QB that can't throw" only had 4 such <135 yard games in his 14 career starts …. Mariota has 5 in his last 6 games … again … WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON??????

Also, in Mariota's last 20 starts he has just 15 TD passes and 19 INTs … in Tebow's last 20 starts he had 17 TD passes and just 9 INTs …

I'm still holding out hope for Mariota but it doesn't look good at all … I used to think he would definitely be given until the end of next season to show the Titans he's worth a second contract but I no longer think that … if Marcus is still struggling to throw for 200 yards (never mind 135) a game by the end of the year and has a 2nd straight season with less TD passes than INTs and a low passer rating, I think Vrabel and the Titans' brass will draft a new QB and just move on … it has been reported that Mariota's contract is ONLY guaranteed for injury, which means that if Mariota is healthy at the end of this season, the team can just cut him, save $20+mil on their salary cap next season, draft a rookie QB who will probably only make around $6mil, sign a stop-gap veteran QB for another $6mil or so and still have around $8-9 mil to spend on a solid player or two …

What do you Titan's fan and even just football fans in general think will happen with Mariota? Will he be cut if he keeps putting up the same stats? Will the team stick by him regardless? What would YOU do if you were the GM?

Personally … I was always in favor of giving him till the end of the 2018 season but if the Titans could get a rookie QB with legit arm talent like Drew Lock or even a guy who just "makes things happen" like Kyler Murray, sign a veteran tutor QB and have an additional $8-9 mil to upgrade the receiving corps, even I would be tempted to go that route ...

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

I think Mariota is stuck in a regressive offense that is in dire need of revamping. Put him in an offense like the Rams, Chiefs, or Bears and he'd be looking a lot better. Titans play-calling is not playing to his strengths.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think Mariota is stuck in a regressive offense that is in dire need of revamping. Put him in an offense like the Rams, Chiefs, or Bears and he'd be looking a lot better. Titans play-calling is not playing to his strengths.

Really?

That was many people's excuse last season, and the Titans fired their O.C. and replaced him this year with Matt LaFleur, the same Matt LaFleur that was the offensive coordinator for the Rams last year, the same guy who helped turn Jared Goff from a terrible draft bust into an MVP candidate! Before that LaFleur was the QB coach in Atlanta the year they made it to the Super Bowl and Matt Ryan won MVP. Before that LaFleur was QB coach for Robert Griffin III the year he won R.O.Y.

I mean, Matt LaFleur is known as a "QB whisperer" and one of the sharpest minds in the business … at some point it has to be on Mariota, no? If LaFleur can make RG3 look like a future HOF'er, help Matt Ryan to his one and only MVP and help transform Jared Goff into a star after one of the most disappointing rookie seasons in history, one would think Mariota's issues would be more Marcus than him, no?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 10-19-2018 at 02:11 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast