Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    North Carolina Tar Heels

I think this is where I should be! Idea.....Help!?

My new friends,

1) My name is Scott McCall. I currently reside physically in the Upstate of S.C. (Please keep reading; we're NOT all....well, what you first thought!!)
    2) I assure you, I am going to be as brief as I can....
    3) Short history: I am just over 50yr old. Have participated (strictly as a 'customer' or 'user' if-you-will) since early 70's. It began with the Sunoco '72 stamps (I hope most of you know of what I speak! I still have many many many books and stamps, both opened and unopened). But because of life and school and divorce and life etc etc, it has always been sporadic; heavy participation/investment for a year or two then nothing at all for several years, on and on. Recently, I was looking through (reminiscing if you will) my wonderful memories and had a thought....
    4) Surely somewhere there are people similar to myself who communicate or want to communicate! Allow me to give a much more specific idea/brainstorm I have been wondering....As I was looking through my collection(s), I realized that I was VERY much interested in completing and/or adding to certain sets. AND there were probably just as many cards/sets that I quite literally have ZERO emotional attachment to! Crude example....I have been patiently trying to complete several older sets as economically as possible. (NOTE: It should be known that for whatever reason, condition/grading of cards/sets is very low on my priority list. Yes, I prefer nicer/newer looking, but I am not an investor per se as much as I am a collector for hobby/fun; I hope this makes sense!). For instance, I have almost completed (50 cards or less missing) '72 Topps baseball AND football; '70 Topps baseball; '73 Topps baseball; and many more dating mostly in the '70's and '80's. But I also have many many 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter baseball cards that carry no emotional value to me whatsoever. As well as several other sets from early 90's and late '90's as well as '60's, '70's, & '80's (Football & Baseball mostly). In short, should someone truly love that Allen & Ginter set and I had any cards they could use or want, then as far as I am concerned, they are welcome to them! I would enjoy helping them grow/complete a set they liked!! (And geez....I doubt I looked or realized just how large that stinkin' set was when I began buying the packs and hobby boxes! Dang!!!). Ideally, could there be a quid pro quo involved??...I certainly would entertain as much. I guess I'm trying to say that I would initially be trying to trade/swap cards like I used to do with friends and cousins back in the early 70's. I'm sure I'll be purchasing cards/packs/sets/etc as we go along, but the reason for my reaching out here and now was primarily to see if such a community existed....where we both want to complete a '69 Topps Baseball, for example, and you could use some of my duplicates and I could use some of your duplicates!! Win-Win, as they say! (I have a complete '69 Topps Baseball, by the way...with 100+ duplicates; I'm just saying. This set and my absurd collection of '72 Sunoco stuff are my 'best' I guess!)
    I've gone on long enough trying to explain how/why I got here. I have many things/memorabilia/cards other than just Topps sets (although they were my preference back in the day)....I'll find the time to read through this site as often as I can....I'm sure I'll learn a LOT just by doing that. I just didn't want to join the forum and start putting up things like "I have this..." or "I have that..." and appear like another dealer/seller just trying to sell. Trade is ideal; buying would be secondary; and selling would be third. Again, I hope this makes sense!!
    Thank you, in advance, for your time! I very much look forward to meeting many of you!
    Go Tarheels!!

Respectfully,

Scott McCall

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF and sounds like you got some good stuff! Do you have any Emmitt Smith or Derek Jeter's?
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    North Carolina Tar Heels

Welcome to SCF and sounds like you got some good stuff! Do you have any Emmitt Smith or Derek Jeter's?

I'm sure I have lots. Probably 90% 'common' ones I'm fairly sure you would already have. Is there something/year/etc more specific you are asking? If there are certain sets/brands/years you are missing, for instance...
    And I have to ask!....That's quite the unique combo of favorite players; any specific reason(s)? Where are ya geographically?
    Scott

Sent from my XT1585 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Scott- Welcome to SCF!
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Welcome Scott, glad to have you here on SCF !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Working on my Emmitt Smith and Derek Jeter Wantlist! I live in Oregon and love the Oregon State Beavers, even through they suck. Was stationed in the Air Force at Mt Home Idaho and loves to watch Boise State play on the blue grass. Was born in the 50's and loved the Dodgers and Yankees growing up. Jeter and Smith were players who were great people on and off the field and never complained.

I'm sure I have lots. Probably 90% 'common' ones I'm fairly sure you would already have. Is there something/year/etc more specific you are asking? If there are certain sets/brands/years you are missing, for instance...
    And I have to ask!....That's quite the unique combo of favorite players; any specific reason(s)? Where are ya geographically?
    Scott

SCF Rewards
    Country
    North Carolina Tar Heels

Working on my Emmitt Smith and Derek Jeter Wantlist! I live in Oregon and love the Oregon State Beavers, even through they suck. Was stationed in the Air Force at Mt Home Idaho and loves to watch Boise State play on the blue grass. Was born in the 50's and loved the Dodgers and Yankees growing up. Jeter and Smith were players who were great people on and off the field and never complained.

I've started setting aside Emmett & Jeter for ya as I organize & box up my mess/piles! So far, they're mostly THE most commonly available, I believe ('89-'92...ProSet, Topps, Fleer, etc.)
    I recently acquired a mountain of stuff (mainly for a few '51 & '52 Bowman's; '59 - '69 Topps; and a goodly amount of 1970 Topps....which I have decided to try & complete, I think! The 'mountain' is probably 60-40 baseball to football with a few hockey & a few racing.
    FYI, growing up, I collected both football & baseball, but I think I always liked football better. Still do. To give you an idea...I have the following ('72 Sunoco considered separately!) COMPLETE Sets (ALL TOPPS unless specified otherwise) that I recall off the top of my head:
    Football:
    HUGE collection of Sunoco '72 Stamps. 3-4 new 56pg books; 3-4 new 128pg books; 5-6 filled/complete 56pg books; 1ea filled/complete 128pg book. TWO complete sets/teams of neatly cut/perforated stamps & separated into teams; ie, 2ea Falcons stamps separated & ready to be glued in a book. And roughly 700-800 packs of new/unopened books of stamps (9 players/stamps per books). It was my 'thing' there for a while, obviously! I always liked 'different!'
    Topps Football:
    '68, '70, '71, working on '72, but it's HUGE and can get costly very quickly!, probably 6-7 of the '70s decade; 6-8 of '80s decade, and a few '90s.
    Topps baseball:
    1969 (with many/100+ duplicates)
    74, 75, & 76
    1972 (my other, not-cheap project!), I am missing 23ea from Series I thru V; BUT am MISSING over 100 of the 130ea in high number/Series VI. Argh!
    Just started trying to complete the 1970, like I mentioned earlier.
    Some '80s years too, just don't recall.

I also have a very large Ken/Kenny Anderson (Cincy Bengal) collection. He is my Emmett Smith! He's the only individual I really collect....the rest are sets.

I KNOW I have some Emmett and Jeter stuff.... somewhere....that you might not have, depending on how large your collections are obviously! I'll keep looking, my friend!!
    Sorry I can be so terribly long-winded. I did want you to know that I am going to try and 'learn' my away around this website! I have high expectations as to it being exactly what I need! I'm just not as knowledgeable online as I need/want to be. Like I just noticed you have your 'collections' listed under your name in our correspondence...I need to go in and put mine in (would've saved me typing a lot of this note!); I just haven't learned things like that yet.
    You've been very polite/helpful. I hope I'm able to find some cards for ya! On me!
    Thanks again for replying!
    Scott

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

no worries on being long winded at all! Its a great read and thanks for sharing and joining SCF!

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to SCF Scott! Great intro, have fun here and enjoy yourself!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

Welcome to the site Scott!