Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Good card?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good card?

Are these types of cards good?

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whats "good" in your opinion? Are you looking for value like a real 1950's card? This set is 1994 Parkhurst missing link (1956-57). Can prob get the 180 card set for $30-40 US.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok thank you

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are the later years or earlier card years better? What should I be looking for.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

Are the later years or earlier card years better? What should I be looking for.

That is a huge question, not easily answered- but let me try

Older cards do tend to have value- but by older, I am talking pre 1980 at the youngest. There are lots of top rookies, and cards from the 40s-60s can be worth quite a bit.

That said, there are a lot of modern cards that are worth quite a bit also- top rookies, autographs, game worn jersey and patch cards, and #d parallels all can have considerable value. Generally speaking, normal, base cards from about 1980-now are mostly worthless, unless you find a team or set collector. The real question is, what is your reason for finding out and getting cards?

Collecting- then you will need to figure out what interests you. Do you like a team, players, building sets? Do you only want very valuable cards, or are commons also things you want to collect

Resale- honestly, it is very, very hard to make money on cards unless you have a lot of money to spend, either on lots or sealed product, and the time and patience to break them down and make sales as they come to you. I can tell you from experience (I sell as my second job) that it is very hit or miss, and without a large inventory, it is hard to make any real money.

I hope this helped a bit- if you have other questions I am happy to answer them

Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is a huge question, not easily answered- but let me try

Older cards do tend to have value- but by older, I am talking pre 1980 at the youngest. There are lots of top rookies, and cards from the 40s-60s can be worth quite a bit.

That said, there are a lot of modern cards that are worth quite a bit also- top rookies, autographs, game worn jersey and patch cards, and #d parallels all can have considerable value. Generally speaking, normal, base cards from about 1980-now are mostly worthless, unless you find a team or set collector. The real question is, what is your reason for finding out and getting cards?

Collecting- then you will need to figure out what interests you. Do you like a team, players, building sets? Do you only want very valuable cards, or are commons also things you want to collect

Resale- honestly, it is very, very hard to make money on cards unless you have a lot of money to spend, either on lots or sealed product, and the time and patience to break them down and make sales as they come to you. I can tell you from experience (I sell as my second job) that it is very hit or miss, and without a large inventory, it is hard to make any real money.

I hope this helped a bit- if you have other questions I am happy to answer them

Ed

Ok thank you because I started collecting hockey cards but I do want to try to get on the right cards what do you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

I collect the old stuff- 1975 and back- in all 4 major sports. I do also dabble in the current stuff, but mostly so I can trade for the old stuff...

Most people on this site prefer the newer stuff. The hockey forum here is one of the most active on the internet, so you should be able to find lots of good deals.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to educate yourself. Don't just buy tons of stuff at random. Do your research and figure out what you really want to collect and focus on

Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok thank you