Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Hockey price site

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hockey price site

Can I know what other sites there are instead of Beckett or price card.com, because they are both limited sometimes when looking up cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Ebay. You can look up completed listing and sold listings. You should never need anything else to determine a value for your cards. If you cant find it on ebay that's because its scarce and beckett wont have it either.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I really like COMC.com too. Do prices fluxuate? Sure they do.

You have to remember that what you see in asking prices is not what a card will sell for, rather what someone is asking for the card. There are a few sellers on there that are out to lunch on what they're asking for (they either don't want to sell the cards, or they're just hoping that some desperate soul comes along....) but:

If there are 10 copies of a card listed, you can see the lowest priced one, and quickly consider the fact that at $X, nobody has bought it yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bearlyjb's Items on eBay

My two cents:

I would agree completely with 30Ranfordfan that current market value and some historical market value are the only true indicators of hockey card value.

I see an increasing number of sellers and sites that are purely speculating and hoping someone will pay them out - and those persons have that right to attempt same. What I find disappointing is that when a buyer attempts to ask (my and our right) about a card (e.g., is there something unique about the card I should know) and its posted value given current market and historical values, the seller gets annoyed.

As a Beliveau only collector I have my own record of most if not all (in some cases) the selling prices and I use that to guide my decision-making, noting some rare cards increase in value over time.

Thus, my suggestion is to use various mechanisms including ones own data and information.

bearlyjb