Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COMC really? REview

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(376)
    Country
    Seattle Mariners Seattle Seahawks
    See swiverrules1976's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I won’t give anybody money to sell my cards when there is enough sites out there to sell them myself.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

Earl. You have O Feedback on here. :D LOL. What sites are you "Using" that are "Free" to sell your cards? :D eBay and COMC are the best sites for traffic when it comes to selling cards (including International buyers). I come to SCF to trade, and help people complete sets. Get into polite banter, etc. But I often pull stuff that I just don't want, and I know I could make some quick money, so I put them up on those 2 sites.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

I've been debating long & hard about submitting to COMC to sell some of my cards that I can't seem to trade or there not being a market for them on the forums I frequent. Of course the fees do suck but at COMC they scan the cards, list them & most important & cost saving for us is they ship your sold cards. What turns me off about sending cards in is the fear that they get rejected for no reason or damaged. Pretty ceap & reasonable if you ask me, 30 to 60 cents & that's all you pay per card that you send ending. No final value fee, no shipping supplies or postage costs for you & you can use funds to buy for your PC or to flip on the site.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been debating long & hard about submitting to COMC to sell some of my cards that I can't seem to trade or there not being a market for them on the forums I frequent. Of course the fees do suck but at COMC they scan the cards, list them & most important & cost saving for us is they ship your sold cards. What turns me off about sending cards in is the fear that they get rejected for no reason or damaged. Pretty ceap & reasonable if you ask me, 30 to 60 cents & that's all you pay per card that you send ending. No final value fee, no shipping supplies or postage costs for you & you can use funds to buy for your PC or to flip on the site.

How does the process for COMC work (for buyers and sellers)? I've never purchased from them before because I wasn't sure how shipping worked when buying from different sellers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    San Francisco 49ers Golden State Warriors San Francisco Giants
    See maitai326's Items on eBay

How does the process for COMC work (for buyers and sellers)? I've never purchased from them before because I wasn't sure how shipping worked when buying from different sellers.

When you purchase on COMC the cards go into your inventory regardless of who you purchase from

You can select which cards you would like to sell or have them sent to you
    You will need to pay for shipping and toploaders.
    I usually accumulate a good amount before having them shipped

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

I like selling on COMC because it's so easy. You pack them up in a box, send them off, wait a couple of months, and everything is up there. It's also better for cheaper cards because buyers can buy from a ton of different sellers and have everything shipped for 25 cents each plus $4. If I want to sell to sell a $1 card do a buyer, it costs me $0.35 (COMC's 30 cent fee plus about 5 cents per shipping, assuming $10 for a flat rate box where I can put 200 cards, which is a very conservative estimate) and they pay about $0.29 in fees ($0.25 per card plus $4 shipping spread over an estimate of 100 cards). On ebay, if I wanted to get to that same $1.29 total for the buyer, I could list for $1.29 and free shipping, pay $0.33 in Paypal fees, pay $0.49 for a stamp, pay $.03 for a PWE (assuming I buy in bulk, more if I buy a smaller box), plus $.13 in eBay fees. So at the same cost to the buyer, I'm paying $0.98 rather than $0.35. Plus, if the buyer wants a refund or claims it didn't come, I have to deal with that.

As for the charges it's 30 cents per card which hits when the card is added to your account. What contract did you sign with them? I just sent in cards yesterday and didn't sign a contract. You just fill out a form online, send in your cards, and wait. And for graded cards they list which they accept and say they don't accept any others. They made this change in July and announced it a few days in advance. I'm guessing you shipped cards within 2 months of your post so it should have been very clear then.

I agree that COMC isn't always the best but I don't think they are deceptive at all. I have other complaints about them, but I think they are generally very fair about what they offer.

Check out my website:
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12