Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Has Dak Prescott Been Exposed Over the Past 3 Games?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have a sincere question for Cowboy-fans and collectors that I'd appreciate some honest answers to:

It's obvious the media has, in large part, completely turned on Dak Prescott. Pretty much every talking head in main stream sports used to heap praise on Dak and now even his biggest fans (Max Kellerman, Nick Wright, Colin Cowherd, etc) are absolutely crushing him and saying he's basically a backup QB … it's so bad that Dak felt the need to come out and say he's actually better now than he was as a rookie … and the media even ripped him for saying that. THAT cracked me up as OBVIOUSLY Dak is better now than he was as a rookie … his statement is factual and it actually exposes the media for the low-football-IQ loons they are, as it shows they overestimated him from the start … the media should be ripping themselves for overhyping Dak, only to now turn on him and tear him to shreds … I wouldn't blame Dak at all if he's furious with the media as all he's doing is playing ball and trying to get better, it's not as if he hyped himself as the savior of the Cowboys and then stopped practicing ...

WILL THE MEDIA'S CONSTANT RIPPING OF DAKE HURT HIS CARD VALUES?

I know there is a "Cowboy Effect" when it comes to sports cards as every rookie of the same quality that plays for the Cowboys always brings a premium over a rookie of that same level that plays for any other team (the only teams with built-in premiums seem to be the Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Raiders, Giants and maybe the Bears) … but … I also know that Troy Aikman, one of the most accomplished QB's in regards to "team success" in NFL history, actually sells pretty cheap.

I remember being furious when I heard that the one and only BGS Black Label 1989 Score Aikman rookie card had just sold for $2,000 … I immediately contacted the owner and told him if the buyer didn't pay I'd pay him $3,000 or so (I may have said even higher, I don't remember the exact number I threw at him), but low and behold the card was gone … and that is a laughably low price for Troy Aikman's best card!

So … I don't have a horse in the race when it comes to investing in Dak as while I advised a friend to invest in heavily right after he got drafted by the Cowboys, I didn't jump in myself as I was going after Wentz instead, I am still very curious about his short-term (say, through next season) potential when it comes to card values.

Is the media's now constant ripping of him causing his card values to tank, or is the "Cowboy Effect" still strong enough to hold his card values relatively steady?

I'm also curious if fans who buy into the narrative that Dak will not receive a second contract from the Cowboys and will be playing on another team (possibly as a backup) by the start of the 2020 season, are looking to dump their Dak cards before that happens, as they think that even if he gets signed by another team as a starter and plays well, that his card values will decrease dramatically since the "Cowboy Effect" won't come into play anymore if he's on the Broncos or something.

Please understand I am NOT trying to bash Dak in this post … I still believe the Cowboys should start him through the end of next year, and that he can still carve out a quality career for himself if he's put in the right situation, as he's still relatively young and learning the game, and could end up with a coach or coordinator that could develop solid schemes that allow him to perform despite his limitations, ala the Vikings with Keenum last year or the Chiefs with Alex Smith last year).

I really want to hear from Cowboy fans and collectors about how they feel the "Cowboy Effect" is or is not helping Dak at present and how they feel the media turning on him is or is not effecting his card values as well.
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 10-12-2018 at 05:23 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah baby, Dak is balling and shutting his haters in the media up!

Most know I'm a hige Jalen Ramsey fan, but I love me some Dak as well and if you were at my house, you'd here a bunch of, "Yeah Dak, get em baby!" cheers.

I'm not a fan of teams really, just players, but I will admit that if all the players were the same, I'd cheer for the Lions first and Cowboys 2nd out of all the teams in the NFL ... I loved the Triplets (Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin) and have so many fond memories from the 2 SB's they won together, that the Cowboys still hold a special place in my heart.

As for Dak, I'm super happy for the young man … I watched some Friday Night Lights with my son the other night and watching Matt Saracen made me think of Dak, seriously … you just know he's trying his best to prove everyone wrong and I love that he's doing it in this first half against the usually dominant Jags defense!

Now, if I'm the Jags, I'm seriously considering trading for Ryan Fitzpatrick right now … even just to push Bortles … the Jags need to get their passing attack going if they want to get to the AFC Title Game again ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Great game by Dallas, and especially Dak, today … Dak's stats don't look great as he failed to pass for 190 yards again, but that's because the game was over at half-time! I have little doubt he couldn't put up 250+ yards today if he "needed" to, but Bortles played like garbage and the Jags just got rocked …

It was also cool seeing Connor McGregor there and repping the Cowboys … I like that little dude!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I just saw the below on another website ... this shocked me as I had forgotten about Osweiler altogether until today when he replaced Tannehil and played quite well:

Dak Prescott over his last 14 games:

2,579 Pass Yds
    12 Pass TD
    11 INT

Brock Osweiler over his last 14 games:

2,706 Pass Yards
    14 Pass TD
    14 INT

Congrats to both guys for playing well today … I don't think it would be all that crazy if Osweiler could wrestle the starting job away from Tannehil as he's a couple years younger and a whole lot cheaper and the Phins may be looking to move on anyways as Tannehill is only averaging 194 passing yards a game this year and has a QBR of 34.5 … yikes.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See 22emmittzone's Items on eBay

Since Dak entered the league in 2016, no quarterback has more games with 2 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD!!!

Comparing some more stats:
    Osweiller career: 35 TDs/29 INTs
    Dak career: 52 TDs/21 INTs
    Winston career: 74 TDs/48 INTs

Dak is the only one that has better than a 2 TD to 1 INT ratio over the course of their career (to this point)!!! He also threw for 150 yards in the first half against the #1 passing defense in the league this past weekend before putting it on cruise control as the game was already over!!!

I just saw the below on another website ... this shocked me as I had forgotten about Osweiler altogether until today when he replaced Tannehil and played quite well:

Dak Prescott over his last 14 games:

2,579 Pass Yds
    12 Pass TD
    11 INT

Brock Osweiler over his last 14 games:

2,706 Pass Yards
    14 Pass TD
    14 INT

Congrats to both guys for playing well today … I don't think it would be all that crazy if Osweiler could wrestle the starting job away from Tannehil as he's a couple years younger and a whole lot cheaper and the Phins may be looking to move on anyways as Tannehill is only averaging 194 passing yards a game this year and has a QBR of 34.5 … yikes.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Since Dak entered the league in 2016, no quarterback has more games with 2 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD!!!

That's a cool stat; thanks for sharing that one as if someone would have asked me which QB led in that category I would have guessed either Cam Newton or Russell Wilson … seriously, thanks for sharing that one … good stuff.

He also threw for 150 yards in the first half against the #1 passing defense in the league this past weekend before putting it on cruise control as the game was already over!!![/QUOTE]

I said as much yesterday and even said in my second post that while Dak's final numbers weren't great, it was only because the game was over at half-time, so I agree with you 100% … Dak played magnificent football in the first half and didn't need to do anything in the 2nd half … had he been challenged in the second half I have little doubt he could have thrown for 250+ yards no problem … it was a wonderful performance from him and the whole team as they put a beating on the Jaguars!

Also, I was NOT in any way saying that Dak is the new Brock Osweiler … I was just surprised to see those stats on another website and thought it was interesting that Osweiler & Dak both had good games yesterday so I posted it … but … it does make one think, as while I know if you include Dak's amazing TD/Int ratio from his rookie year, he still has a great career number, over their last 14 starts, Dak and Osweiler are almost identical … football is a "what have you done for me lately league and coaches and GM's don't really care what a player did 2-3 years ago … I mean, if you include Nick Foles one magic season where he threw for 27 TDs and just 2 INTs, he has over a 2/1 TD/Int ratio too, but outside of that one great year, he has just 35 career TD passes and 28 INTs in his other 6 years in the NFL. No one thinks of Foles right now, in the same way they thought of him as the new upcoming QB star back when he had that 27/2 season ...

However, you don't have to take my last post as an insult to Dak as Osweiler earned himself a big contract a few years back and Dak could so the same in the near future … or who knows, maybe people gave up on Osweiler too soon and he'll experience a resurgence now that he's in Miami, who knows?
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 10-15-2018 at 01:51 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Dak's got himself a young stud receiver with Hall of Fame potential now, in Amari Cooper! I like the trade and am looking forward to seeing Dak and Amari play together as a decent passing attack could lead to a division title this year ... and as much as I love Adrian Peterson, the Cowboys are a lot more fun to watch than the Redskins the way I see it ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

THIS https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...221181605.html IS THE SORT OF STUFF THAT REALLY IRKS ME!

Dak had a rough game, I get it, but for a Dallas newspaper to publish an article just filled with irrelevant tweets from angry Cowboys fans, is just stupid … this is why so many players despise the media and don't trust them … those tweets are not "news" and just bashing Dak isn't helpful imho.

I saw people on Twitter saying Mariota is so much better than Dak because of this one game … I mean come on … Mariota played a nice game but both his TD passes came on behind the line of scrimmage screen passes and were therefore really running plays … the one wide open TD pass he could have had, he missed badly … and yet Dallas fans would now trade Dak for Marcus? Ugh.

I'm not even some big-time Dak fan but I'm starting to really feel bad for the young man and the main reason is because Cowboys fans are so illogical … they are demanding that he play like a superstar gunslinger with HOF talent, rather than being thankful that he's exceeded basically all expectations anyone had for him before the 2016 NFL Draft … it just bothers me.

Honestly, if I were Dak, I'd be done with Dallas and I'd quietly ask for a trade to a team like the Jaguars come Draft Day 2019 … leave Dallas and its fans behind and go to a team that just needs an efficient QB and puts the bulk of the responsibility for victories on its defense. Dallas wants a legend at QB, they want a gunslinger, let them draft a Drew Lock or tank for Tua or trade for Carr or whatever, but if I were Dak, I'd want out of Dallas, period.

However, all of the above said … I still believe the Cowboys will roll with Dak through the end of next season and then make a decision on offering him a long-term contract or part ways with him and just let him hit free agency in 2020 … and Mariota's in the same boat imho.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The BOYS are back! They look like they will definitely win the NFC East and could make some noise in the playoffs as that defense is NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought they had a solid shot against the Saints at home but I figured Zeke, Dak and the offense would have to score at least 31 points ... they won with just 13 points; that is INSANE!

Drew Brees, who looked like the sure-fire MVP was just put on lock by the Cowboys D ... just 127 passing yards on 28 throws, for a measly 4.5 yards per attempt ... CRAZY!

As for the namesake of this thread, Mr. Dak Prescott, he played a very efficient game and should be praised ... I don't care one bit that he fumbled twice or lost one in the 4th quarter ... most QB fumbles are really "on" the Offensive Line, so I couldn't care less about that ... props to Dak for a wonderful game and a magnificent win!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See 22emmittzone's Items on eBay

Well, I wonder when people will stop questioning Dak's abilities??? Who has the most game winning drives over the last 3 seasons? You guessed it!!! DAK!!! Second place is Drew Brees.

Another mind boggling stat for people who want to question Dak's accuracy: Over his first 3 seasons, Dak's completion percentage is 66.1%. Who in the history of the league has a better completion percentage over their first 3 years in the league???? Maybe Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Winston???? NOPE!!! Is a matter of fact, Dak's 66.1% completion percentage is the best in NFL HISTORY!!! So, the next time that someone wants to question his accuracy, consider that stat.

Without Zeke, and 3 of his starting offensive lineman, Dak had the best game of his career this past weekend!!! Sometimes it may not be pretty, but he knows how to win games and is clutch when it matters most. Looking forward to the game this weekend as it is an extremely tough matchup against the Hawks.

So, I think to answer the question posed in this thread: With Dak having the most game winning drives since entering the league, the best completion percentage of the first 3 seasons of any QB in history, and the best statistical season a rookie has ever had, I think we can say NO to your question!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast