Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots

it's now fixed.

I also broke the stats into 10 pages that you can access from the new rearranged menu. Got to please the owner demand as well LOL! easier to browse and look better.

Still missing a "d" in addresses :)

The stat breakdown links on the sidebar are helpful.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Paging still appears broken on the recent successes section as I see some of the same reports on page 2 as I see on page 1. It's not as bad as it used to be since there are more reports per page, but it's still an issue if you're clicking through pages of successes. If the data is being stored in and retrieved from SQL db of some kind, there are always paging elements that you can add to your sql query that should work effectively.

I Just check the page of recent successes and look right. As for querying MySQL with 20 years experience in coding app with database, I think I know already how to do it. If it was page 1 repeating then it's a typical error as the page variable is not pass correctly to the page menu. But here all is fine when I look at the date receive, they keep getting older and older on each page.

Now when you say :
    Paging still appears broken on the recent successes section as I see some of the same reports on page 2 as I see on page 1

do you have some specific submission, I don't really look at the data, might be that a member entered it twice with that same date as I do not order the recors by other field then date receive. Maybe this is why you might see some and if the member did not report it to have it deleted then it stayed there. But as nothing to do with coding. The TTMM team manage very well the reported issue. There is a red triangle icon on the left of any player's page that any member can use to report issue.

Just not sure what it the issue you see other then possible duplicate entry from members. Something we programmer have nothing to do with.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    NULL

So the issue that I see when I click through pages of successes is very strange in that it's inconsistent. On the older version of the site, let's say that we had a day with a lot of successes like 30 for instance. The page would only show 20 successes on the first page for instance. I would expect to see the remaining 10 on page 2 and the bottom 10 on page 2 would be the previous day and so on. On page 2 what you see is maybe 15, maybe 7, maybe all 20 of the current day's successes. On a day like that I can submit 2 successes and for some reason I only would see 1 sometimes. I would assume my other one was on page 2 so I would click to page 2 and it wouldn't be there either. The other thing is that throughout time during the day the sorting might change and you'd see a different set of successes.

I think the issue might be related to sorting. If you made the standard sorting of all posts by date DESC then (receive date - send date) ASC then used those sort criteria in the part of your query where you do your paging it would fix the issue. It's been a long time since I've worked with MySQL. I'm a consultant who works primarily with Teradata, SAP HANA, and MS SQL all day. What sort criteria are you using currently?

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I fix the issue by adding a inner sorting to the receive date from a last action date time field, this should solve the sorting issue.

So the issue that I see when I click through pages of successes is very strange in that it's inconsistent. On the older version of the site, let's say that we had a day with a lot of successes like 30 for instance. The page would only show 20 successes on the first page for instance. I would expect to see the remaining 10 on page 2 and the bottom 10 on page 2 would be the previous day and so on. On page 2 what you see is maybe 15, maybe 7, maybe all 20 of the current day's successes. On a day like that I can submit 2 successes and for some reason I only would see 1 sometimes. I would assume my other one was on page 2 so I would click to page 2 and it wouldn't be there either. The other thing is that throughout time during the day the sorting might change and you'd see a different set of successes.

I think the issue might be related to sorting. If you made the standard sorting of all posts by date DESC then (receive date - send date) ASC then used those sort criteria in the part of your query where you do your paging it would fix the issue. It's been a long time since I've worked with MySQL. I'm a consultant who works primarily with Teradata, SAP HANA, and MS SQL all day. What sort criteria are you using currently?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

SCF is coding a new version of the Through The Mail Manager Version 2.0

Here for the comments only

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Ok we took down the TTM Manager version 1 and change the links to the version 2 that is now live. If you run into issue post them in this thread and I will attend them.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Houston Astros LSU Tigers
    See cademinton's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

When I try to submit a new success, this pops up. Guessing this has something to do with me using an iPad. I'm not real tech savvy, so you'll have to dumb it down for me LOL. Love the new TTMM though, much needed and very well executed! Thanks for your hard work on it!
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 12-03-2017 at 09:57 AM. Reason: removed image

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

When I try to submit a new success, this pops up. Guessing this has something to do with me using an iPad. I'm not real tech savvy, so you'll have to dumb it down for me LOL. Love the new TTMM though, much needed and very well executed! Thanks for your hard work on it!

No this was a error in my code and it's now fix

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Just one more item. On the old TTMM when you were looking at recent successes on the specific sport page (like GOLF), if you selected the player/celebrity name, it would automatically route you to that person's page. Now, if you select a name, it routes you to the "blank" sports page (like GOLF) and you have to enter the specific name (like Crenshaw) to be taken to his page. This seems to create more traffic than before on the site. Hopefully, you could understand the function I'm addressing.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Just one more item. On the old TTMM when you were looking at recent successes on the specific sport page (like GOLF), if you selected the player/celebrity name, it would automatically route you to that person's page. Now, if you select a name, it routes you to the "blank" sports page (like GOLF) and you have to enter the specific name (like Crenshaw) to be taken to his page. This seems to create more traffic than before on the site. Hopefully, you could understand the function I'm addressing.

fixed

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast