Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

SCF is coding a new version of the Through The Mail Manager Version 2.0

The SCF Through The Mail Manager version 2.0 is ready to be used and now live, replacing the TTMM version 1. any older links will redirect you automatically to the TTMM version 2, welcome page.
    PLease report any issue, I will attend them as fast as possible

https://www.sportscardforum.com/scfttmm/ttmm/welcome

I first coded the TTM Manager in 2009 and have not revisited it since. Now the new application is brand new and coded on the same platform as the Trade Manage, Inventory and Reward Points Store.

Here's what changed since version 1.x:

Player's search

When a search return only one player, instead of listing that only player, you are redirected directly to the player's addresses page.

Player's address page, here the current modification/addition:

Changed the date formats so that they read: MM-DD-YYYY instead of YYYY-MM-DD?

Dead player, we stop showing all addresses and show this message:
    When we know a player has passed away (R.I.P), we don't display the address anymore!

When a player/person request for us to remove the addresses, we stop showing all addresses and show this message:
    When we get a request to remove addresses from a player, we stop showing the address only!

public request not log in as a member, we stop showing all addresses and show this message:
    Only registered members on SCF forum can view addresses and use the TTMM application to track what they sent!

In the address listing, I added a column for days it took either for success or failure, pending show a '-' unless we have a date received fill up. Successes percentage only take into account the status success or failure into the calculation.

Also color coded the number of days:
    green for less then 31 days
    gold for 31-90 days
    red for greater then 90 days
    If it's black it's because the number of days are negative. Mainly the date received is earlier then the date sent.

Also to see a larger version of the images just click on them. It use the lightbox system to show the image without leaving the current page.
    Click outside the image to have it disappear and bring you back on the page you are viewing.

Now everything is much more visible:

- The player's name, sport he is from and is overall percentage.
    - Each address has some stats other then the percentage.
    - The date received is in bold text, if it's 90 days or less from today, so easy to spot latest success on each address
    - Success is in bold text

Player's name listing page

Added a legend: Green star(*5*) between 0-7 days, Gold star between 8-30 days, red star between 31-90 days

Now player that sent a item in the past 90 days, we will see *days* color coded before the name like this:
    *3*Bower, Johnny

This mean a success was posted three days ago. This will make it easier to see via a sport player's list how responded lately!

Submission report

For date, you now have a date picker. Click in the date box and the calendar appear. Change the month and year if needed but it will open on the current month and year. The current day his highlighted by a yellow background color, simple to see and just click on the day and it will fill in the date in the date box for you. Also on this page the lightbox system for image is disabled as I found out it was not working in conjonction with the date picker.

On this page we raise the specification for uploading your image from 100 Kb images to 2 Mb images. Need to have a max image width or eight of 2048 X 1536 and will be resize to 1024 X 768, if it's bigger the 1024 X 768
    So this mean a scan at 300 dpi of a card crop will pass the specs. For a 8'' X 10'' images, you might need to reduce the size to half 4'' X 5'' for it to meet the specs.

New pages:

Statistics page:

Added 10 stats page, one for the top 25 members successes and the top 25 players/celebrities signer of all sport and non sport that we have.
    This include: number of successes and their percentage of success.

Latest addresses added page:

Like the recent success page we will have the new latest address added page. This way you can see what new addresses per sport have been added.
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 12-02-2017 at 11:43 PM.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Very cool! You will have made a significant positive upgrade to the TTMM. I have used my spreadsheet for years that tracks some of the things you will be adding. Can't wait to see & use your updated form.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Very cool! You will have made a significant positive upgrade to the TTMM. I have used my spreadsheet for years that tracks some of the things you will be adding. Can't wait to see & use your updated form.

If you see things I could add that I have not listed yet, make sure to mention it.

top25.jpg
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 11-25-2017 at 09:42 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots

Really excited for the roll-out for this!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Houston Astros Dallas Cowboys

Great work on this!

I don't know how feasible this is, but:

Hypothetically -- if you're looking at the successes, pending, failures for a player address.
    Would there be any way to indicate a current probability of success from the latest or currently posted pending or failures (successes too) ?
    Information to make a better decision on whether to send or not?
    Right now, you kind of have to figure the calculated risk in your head. To see it represented numerically as a percentage?
    There seem to be a lot of people out there that are very good at this. Some not as good. I've just started doing this.
    May be - could be helpful.
    Maybe help with overall general feeling with TTM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots

Great work on this!

I don't know how feasible this is, but:

Hypothetically -- if you're looking at the successes, pending, failures for a player address.
    Would there be any way to indicate a current probability of success from the latest or currently posted pending or failures (successes too) ?
    Information to make a better decision on whether to send or not?
    Right now, you kind of have to figure the calculated risk in your head. To see it represented numerically as a percentage?
    There seem to be a lot of people out there that are very good at this. Some not as good. I've just started doing this.
    May be - could be helpful.
    Maybe help with overall general feeling with TTM.

I'm pretty sure that this is already offered in the TTM manager. There's a success percentage rate next to each address for a player.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Houston Astros Dallas Cowboys

I'm pretty sure that this is already offered in the TTM manager. There's a success percentage rate next to each address for a player.

I know what you're saying. That looks to be overall, from the beginning of when the address was first posted.
    I'm suggesting current (along with that?). Based on recently sent.
    Just a thought.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

First in the player's listing there will be a star system for player that did have a success in the past 90 days:
    Green star(*5*) between 0-7 days, Gold star between 8-30 days, red star between 31-90 days.

But on the player's addresses page I just added a few cool feature:
    for each address the current TTMM sort the entry per address by date sent descending so latest submission first.

Now in the new app I added a days column, mainly the number of days it took for a item to be received or a member to set it to failure:
    green for less then 31 days, gold for 31-90 days, red for greater then 90 days.

Now for highlighting recent activity, I added the date received in bold text if less then 90 days. I also have all success in bold as well. So it help to track recent activity on a given address. This along with the days column, it will give you a better idea of recent activity.

ttm_old_new.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

The one thing I would love to see if some way to be able to also break them down into teams, let's say I wanted to see Packers TTMs so I click on the team name and it gives me the current address and maybe the most recent players who have signed through that address. Or for baseball I wanted to send to the Gwinnett Braves, so I click on Gwinnett Braves and it gives me current address and most recent players to have signed from that address.

I don't know if it is feasible or if I am explaining it right but, that would be something I would like to see.

Otherwise everything else looks great, I appreciate the work you are doing to update the TTM Manager!

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

The one thing I would love to see if some way to be able to also break them down into teams, let's say I wanted to see Packers TTMs so I click on the team name and it gives me the current address and maybe the most recent players who have signed through that address. Or for baseball I wanted to send to the Gwinnett Braves, so I click on Gwinnett Braves and it gives me current address and most recent players to have signed from that address.

I don't know if it is feasible or if I am explaining it right but, that would be something I would like to see.

Otherwise everything else looks great, I appreciate the work you are doing to update the TTM Manager!

I did consider it in my analyzing phase, but the thing is we do not have the team for each player. Also our player table in the TTM is far from complete. In the inventory, we have more but not all players and we do not allow duplicate name. More so, a player can have played for many team and even in the inventory this is not traceable. We have some cards with a single player set to a team but most are not set. So even in the inventory we don't have it. It's also getting more complicated when some player with the same name have played in the same sports. I know for instance that in Football you can see up to four player with the same name. These come more to stats site that only compile stats that can perform such query like hockeydb.com as great stats for all hockey players including all team they played for. But it's way too complex to just gather this information.

In two words: not possible.

But if you are a fan of 1 team, I am sure you can find the information on other site and compile a list, then use it to check this database. I also tried to look if we could use the player table from the inventory but it's way to complicated and would take forever to have it work out as the name are not that great in the TTM since they added text at time to make a difference between player. So the data are far from reliable as member can add them, where as only OPG staff can add player in the other database. So I quit trying this route.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast