Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USFL Legacy Set Idea?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Chicago Bears Atlanta Braves San Antonio Spurs
    See brandon15marshall's Items on eBay

It would be a great idea. I would also like to see sets made of pro wrestlers in their pro or college football uniform with autos and GU. Also CFL players before they made it big in the NFL autos GU. Their are ton of set ideas I have. I need a part time job with Panini or Upper Deck.
    Super Collecting Brandon Marshall, Greg Salas, Mike Davis. Collecting Roy Williams WR, Ottis Anderson, Mike Alstott.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

It would be a great idea. I would also like to see sets made of pro wrestlers in their pro or college football uniform with autos and GU. Also CFL players before they made it big in the NFL autos GU. Their are ton of set ideas I have. I need a part time job with Panini or Upper Deck.

Now the Rock comes to mind.... Only that he coudn't crack the Stampeders active roster so.... Maybe wrestling was a better career choice!
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Mariners Vancouver Canucks Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@vinnybsc

I think it's a cool idea as a stand alone UD or Topps set. Even as an insert subset in a Panini product it would be kind of cool, especially for players that played in both the USFL and NFL. Suppose you could have CFL and Arena League crossovers to the NFL also, some of those dudes are still alive like Warren Moon and Kurt Warner.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Falcons Miami Dolphins New York Mets
    COMC Cards For Sale

I like the idea, and like it even better if its not Panini. I think it could go as a stand-alone and not an insert set. People would buy it for the stars and get Chicago Blitz or whatever cards and somebody somewhere would want them. You'd have a few set builders to buy or trade for the non-stars. Heck, I'd even take an auto of Walt Michaels coach of the Generals.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I get that, but your talking about a league that was 30 years ago. That alone shrinks your market. I love it because i actually rooted for a team, bet you can't guess which one! I just think the fact that it was so long ago and it's not the NFL, most people would say i don't need to buy any of that. Just my 2 cents.

You are correct after the initial excitement of me thinking about this set it just wouldn't work. There just weren't enough guys outside of a few that you could make a solid autograph roster of and the time has really passed for a release like this. If Topps was still doing football and you had like the 25th anniversary of the league you could have them do actual buybacks of the cards autograph by Flutie, Kelly, etc. but not doing that and not having cut autographs of the deceased or Trump really make this a weak product destined for the reduced rack.

It probably would have been a better idea as an inclusion as a subset or insert in a Topps regular football release like I said on the 25th or 30th anniversary and have made it like their Ring of Honor cards. But even then it would have been a little weird because the NFL probably wouldn't have liked the inclusion of USFL stuff in their official NFL product.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12