Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Baseball Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Mets New York Islanders New York Jets
    See proschoicesports's Items on eBay

Exactly what scottkoz said.....10 picks per postition....everyone will pick 1st, 2nd, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 once....we can determine who gets it by random or by who submits highest value cards....is everyone going to be submitting cards of Past stars/semi star/all stars/ prospects? I know there are scrub player cards with high bvs so I Know we all would like to avoid
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    San Francisco 49ers Golden State Warriors San Francisco Giants
    See maitai326's Items on eBay

Exactly what scottkoz said.....10 picks per postition....everyone will pick 1st, 2nd, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 once....we can determine who gets it by random or by who submits highest value cards....is everyone going to be submitting cards of Past stars/semi star/all stars/ prospects? I know there are scrub player cards with high bvs so I Know we all would like to avoid

the reason we had a voting system in place was to avoid the pool becoming a dumping ground for high BV junk cards. It was always obvious which were the more desirable cards within the pool to the least desirable.
    Whoever submitted the most desirable card would have pick #1
    There could be a ranking for each position.
    We did min BV25 so some of the cards available were pretty crazy given the rules, spme as high as BV50+
    There were always the few that submitted junk cards, but because of that they also had late picks. Most times ending up with the same junk cards they submitted. Majority of the traders in that group ive known for many years, so never had any issues, other than the few new people that always joined trying to come up.

Sorry for the long rant. I’ve done many of these types of drafts and it’s really hard to come up with a full proof plan/rules where everyone is happy and eliminating bitterness afterwards. Majority of these usually turn into a dumping ground for min BV junk cards.

Ill probably sit this one out to see how it goes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

But with the voting on desirable cards, you could send in a 1957 mantle, be in the draft with people who all want and collect new stuff who value a trout #’d to 599 that has a bv 1/5 of the mantle. Now you submitted the most expensive card and get the lower picks just because there wasn’t a vintage person rating it high. Same thing goes for a player collector. I would rate a 1993 donruss elite larkin over a lot of other cards with a higher bv. If that makes sense. You would almost have to poll people of what they collected before you submitted to know what to submit to get higher “ranks”

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    San Francisco 49ers Golden State Warriors San Francisco Giants
    See maitai326's Items on eBay

But with the voting on desirable cards, you could send in a 1957 mantle, be in the draft with people who all want and collect new stuff who value a trout #’d to 599 that has a bv 1/5 of the mantle. Now you submitted the most expensive card and get the lower picks just because there wasn’t a vintage person rating it high. Same thing goes for a player collector. I would rate a 1993 donruss elite larkin over a lot of other cards with a higher bv. If that makes sense. You would almost have to poll people of what they collected before you submitted to know what to submit to get higher “ranks”

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

Out of 10 people I’m having a hard time believing majority will go for a Trout #/599 (non RC, SV30 at most) over a 1957 Mantle (at least a SV200 card)
    Regardless if you collect vintage or not, I think people will use some sort of common sense.

You may rank Barry Larkin higher than others, but not everyone will.
    For instance a Barry Larkin 1/1 auto that sells for $250 and an Aaron Judge Topps Chrome RC Auto that sells for $250, you may rank the Larkin higher but I think majority will rank the Judge higher.
    Everyones taste varies and everyone collects differently but everyone recognizes values and upside.

Forgot to mention that when ranking the cards, you rank everyone else’s cards, not yours (can’t vote for yourself)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm game, sign me up. Would like to see the list of people participating before pulling cards. Would really try to get something for nearly everyone submitted into the draft. Might be impossible but would try none the less.

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    Twitter: @scfnews See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack

i will post this up later today

Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @scfnews See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack

I have not posted this yet as I am still thinking about the way to do draft this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Am I the only one that is incredibly confused by the proposed new way of doing this? Are we putting together a team, or no? How is draft order going to be determined?

If we're doing a 10 position draft, I would think it would be very difficult to find a relief pitcher card in most people's collections that is worth $10. Maybe a HOF RP autograph or a low #ed HOF RP relic. Heck, I think you would be hard pressed to find a modern SP card worth $10. The BV just isn't there for most pitchers.

Also, I think Josh was the one that mentioned it earlier... I, too, might have a couple cards I'll need some help getting the BV.

Thanks!

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think the last spot is going to be a utility spot.... if we did 10 cards with at least 1 per position

I have posted this because I want to make sure it's not overly complicated

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i am planning to post this tonight (sorry, fell behind on this)

I am leaning toward a "team build" draft (9 positions + 1) with 10 members and running the draft as a snake draft. However, you will have to select 1 player from each position as a part of the draft.

Draft position will be done by randomization this time. I will look to implementing a voting system for the future but not for this go around.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast