Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

In my humble opinion I thinks sending any more than 2 cards is a bit greedy unless you are paying per card and that’s the arrangement. I can understand 2 - maybe one older one newer, action shot and still or just in case one gets smudged or doesn’t come out great. But more than 2 I’ve often felt is only people looking to sell the extras or something which to me puts the whole beauty of TTM at risk by angering the players. If I was a player and received a request that was obviously not just for a fans perosnal collection I would not answer or only sign one of the cards.

That's a solid point. I put my number at three, rather than two. But, part of that is because my wife and I follow, like, four teams between us. If a guy played for three of them, I'm sending three cards. But, I'll also mention that in my letter. Many times I'll include a card from a team a friend follows and give it to them.

Anyway, I typically send three and offer for the player to keep as many as they wish.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In my humble opinion I thinks sending any more than 2 cards is a bit greedy unless you are paying per card and that’s the arrangement. I can understand 2 - maybe one older one newer, action shot and still or just in case one gets smudged or doesn’t come out great. But more than 2 I’ve often felt is only people looking to sell the extras or something which to me puts the whole beauty of TTM at risk by angering the players. If I was a player and received a request that was obviously not just for a fans perosnal collection I would not answer or only sign one of the cards.

I respectively disagree. I decided to do a Brooks Robinson career run - So far I have 1958 to 1976 Base Topps cards and I've been also getting some of the other cards (all stars, world series etc). I send him a chunk of money and a bunch of cards at a time. The cost per auto is pretty low. If he wants to tell me to send more money, less cards, etc than I'll do that. If I send him money and cards and he only signs 2 and returns the rest I can do the math and adjust my mailing to him. But should I just assume its $5 a card? $10 card? What he charges at a show - $69/card? I am not a seller. These cards will get sold when I am gone and if my kid decides he doesn't want to collect. So is it OK because they are all in my personal collection?

If I got a note saying - x amount per autograph I would oblige. I wouldn't put them in that position. I have never gotten that from him.

I've seen where guys are $10 per auto and someone tries to send 2 with $15 and they send 1 back unsigned. I have no problem with that. I have no problem with what these guys charge and what they will or will not sign. But if they send me a price list or a RTS I will totally respect that. I don't care if the money is for Charity or if they use it to go out to dinner on Friday night. In Boggs case go buy a case of Miller Lite and enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12