Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wade Boggs inscription fees

I'm very fortunate that my favorite player of all time happens to be a great TTM signer. I've put off sending him a request until I had a few successes under my belt, and I knew exactly what I wanted to send.

Well, I've got a few successes now. And, I think I have it narrowed down to what I want signed. My questions are...

I'm asking for several inscriptions. How many is "too many?"

Since he typically signs multiple items for $5-10 donations, how much should I include for one item with a ton of inscriptions?

How many inscriptions do you think would fit on a ball? How many would fit on the left side of the 8x10s shown below?

Finally, for the batting 8x10, obviously I would include a silver sharpie. Do you think I would need a different colored sharpie for the headshot, or would blue show up OK?

Thanks in advance for any input!
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspoe093's Items on eBay

Just send 20 and ask for all the inscriptions. I have seen some multi-inscription things signed by him. Also, blue would be fine for the headshot.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

Gold might look cool on the batting photo, and i wpuld say a ball could hold four visible inscriptions above, below, and on both side panels, since he will sign on the sweet spot. Be sure to post the success. Will be fun to see how they turn out!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dastino96@gmail.com's Items on eBay

Update on wade, he’s done signing Ttm.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Update on wade, he’s done signing Ttm.

Damn! I just finished my letter and was sending it out tomorrow.

Where did you hear this news?

Might try sending it anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dastino96@gmail.com's Items on eBay

He signed a deal with steiner, didnt help people were sending 10+ cards with $5.00 expecting him to sign all of them. He's RTS most since the beginning of the month. Still give it a shot, no doubt. Please let me know if he signs as I have a few I can use signed by him. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

He signed a deal with steiner, didnt help people were sending 10+ cards with $5.00 expecting him to sign all of them. He's RTS most since the beginning of the month. Still give it a shot, no doubt. Please let me know if he signs as I have a few I can use signed by him. Thanks!

Freaking Steiner. And, freaking cheap b@$t@rd$.

I think I'll send it, and revise my letter slightly to let him know that it is my first request (which, it is). I might also say that I won't publicize it as a successful request (which, I won't... If I'm successful).
    Last edited by CardsAndPhils; 02-11-2018 at 10:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got a RTS from Boggs in early February. Boggs is listed as an exclusive athlete with MAB Celebrity. Where do you see him as a Steiner client? Or can they be signed by more than one operation?

I had gotten a few things signed by him and wanted a few more. He should just send a price list with what he charges. I send out a lot of TTM and if a guy is gonna do it cheap I'll try to get it cheap. I don't blame people for trying. I also don't blame the athletes for saying - I need x-amount per signature. Fergie Jenkins has a price list on his website and I sent an email to the guy who organizes it and I got a great deal for multiple items - much better than the listed price. If I didn't ask I wouldn't have sent as many items and they bring in less for the foundation. I look at it as a win/win.

Steve

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got a RTS from Boggs in early February. Boggs is listed as an exclusive athlete with MAB Celebrity. Where do you see him as a Steiner client? Or can they be signed by more than one operation?

I had gotten a few things signed by him and wanted a few more. He should just send a price list with what he charges. I send out a lot of TTM and if a guy is gonna do it cheap I'll try to get it cheap. I don't blame people for trying. I also don't blame the athletes for saying - I need x-amount per signature. Fergie Jenkins has a price list on his website and I sent an email to the guy who organizes it and I got a great deal for multiple items - much better than the listed price. If I didn't ask I wouldn't have sent as many items and they bring in less for the foundation. I look at it as a win/win.

Steve

I think the problem isn't that his price was low, but rather that if his price were, say, $5 per autograph and people were sending $5 per request... And requesting multiple items. There's a difference between sending two items with $5 and sending 10 items with $5.

FWIW, I did send a single item back in March. I included a much larger donation than most and requested "as many inscriptions as he felt the donation warranted". The package was received (according to USPS tracking) but the return package has yet to be send (also according to USPS tracking). I mentioned in the letter that it is my first (and only) request. Also, as I mentioned, I haven't added (and won't be adding) it to the TTM manager. I also won't promote it if I get a return.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Phillies Iowa Hawkeyes

In my humble opinion I thinks sending any more than 2 cards is a bit greedy unless you are paying per card and that’s the arrangement. I can understand 2 - maybe one older one newer, action shot and still or just in case one gets smudged or doesn’t come out great. But more than 2 I’ve often felt is only people looking to sell the extras or something which to me puts the whole beauty of TTM at risk by angering the players. If I was a player and received a request that was obviously not just for a fans perosnal collection I would not answer or only sign one of the cards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast