Thread: Otani / Ohtani

Otani / Ohtani

however you spell his name, and whatever position he plays, the Angels got him
    this Angels fan is thrilled

a 2 way player is going to be unique.

I look at Darvish, Maeda, Tanaka, Dice K, Nomo, Irabu and so on.
    None of them have ended up being the next Roger Clemens or Clayton kershaw
    Matsui came, the best power hitter, and he was not the next Barry Bonds
    but it does not matter,
    that is not what we expect
    he should be an Ace, and that will make the Angels better
    he should hit 1 HR every 20 AB, and get 400 AB, and that will make the Angels better
    Collecting - Semi "Master collecting" 2012 Topps BB - [+ 12 Topps Chrome, 12 Topps mini On Line, 12 Topps Opening Day] - 2012 Panini Prizm BB prizm - green, blue, red, gold, ice, pulsar [trade only] - Prefer trades of $30 bv min. PWE trades ok for small trades. It's just a hobby. Have fun and be fair.

Well, since I am a Rangers fan, I don't like it, lol. BTW, I have his 2017 Bowman Chrome Mega Box RC. If you have a nice Nolan Ryan auto or GU worth $100, you can have it.
    I collect Nolan Ryan cards I do not have. I might trade for Ted Williams or Johnny Bench. Advise me if you are out of country before making a trade.

I think this is a guy that all 30 teams wanted. so 29 disappointed teams.
    Good luck in 2018 to all.
    can't wait for spring training.
    Collecting - Semi "Master collecting" 2012 Topps BB - [+ 12 Topps Chrome, 12 Topps mini On Line, 12 Topps Opening Day] - 2012 Panini Prizm BB prizm - green, blue, red, gold, ice, pulsar [trade only] - Prefer trades of $30 bv min. PWE trades ok for small trades. It's just a hobby. Have fun and be fair.

If he does decent with the Angels his rookie cards will mirror what happened to Aaron Judge this season
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I'm going to the press conference tomorrow, I hope to get his auto but just interested in heck as how a two way player will fair these days.
    Collecting Mike Piazza, Griffey Jr, Mike Trout, Royals, Kyle Schwarber, Gerrit Cole, Frank Thomas 90s, Brytzo, Clint Frazier, Drew Brees, Michael Lorenzen, Fransisco Lindor, Von Miller, JJ Watt
    Hidden Content

I guess he's a better pitcher than hitter, still worth the effort on Angels part.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
    I guess he's a better pitcher than hitter, still worth the effort on Angels part.
    Yeah he is a great addition for the Angels. They now have him, Trout, Pujols, Upton, Simmons, etc. They should make the playoffs next year if everyone can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Yeah he is a great addition for the Angels. They now have him, Trout, Pujols, Upton, Simmons, etc. They should make the playoffs next year if everyone can stay healthy.
    Their concern is pitching. They need to add Darvish too.
    Hidden Content - use drop down box to view other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs, Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like current Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU, and Roger Federer

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Even if he's a 5 win player right away in MLB, which is unlikely, the Angels finished 21 games behind the Astros last year and the Astros didn't get any worse. The Angels are still 3-4 moves away.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, and Jeff Bagwell.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    Even if he's a 5 win player right away in MLB, which is unlikely, the Angels finished 21 games behind the Astros last year and the Astros didn't get any worse. The Angels are still 3-4 moves away.
    All they have to do to make the playoffs is to make the final playoff spot that the Twins managed to win this season. I could see them easily doing that. Not saying they will win the division at all because the Astros with a full year of Justin Verlander should easily run away with that division.