Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield wins Heisman Trophy in landslide victory with 86 per cent of the vote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...landslide.html

Baker Mayfield took a unique road to the Heisman Trophy, a long and winding climb from walk-on to one of the most accomplished players to ever play college football.

The brash, flag-planting Oklahoma quarterback became the sixth Sooner to the win Heisman on Saturday night in one of the most lopsided votes in the 83-year history of the award.

Stanford running back Bryce Love was the runner-up, making it five second-place finishes for the Cardinal since 2009.

Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson, last year's Heisman winner, was third, the best finish by a returning winner since Tim Tebow of Florida in 2008.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome win and the best thing he is the first walk on to win it.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Closer to the next Manziel or Dangeruss?

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Only time will tell.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

I hear he's Manziel part ll.

Like DON, says, time will tell

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hear he's Manziel part ll.

Like DON, says, time will tell

I keep hearing that too and that's a bit unfair to Mayfield unless he is a drug addict party animal (I wouldn't know if he was or not) but that would have sidelined Johnny Football even if that guy had NFL talent which he didn't. The guy was a king in college playing against college sized players. Even I could tell he couldn't keep up his running gimmick in the NFL and that's without the attitude, discipline, and drug problems. Basically the guy put his efforts into the off the field activity and not the on the field stuff so unless Mayfield has a very poor work ethic he should 100% do better than he did.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I keep hearing that too and that's a bit unfair to Mayfield unless he is a drug addict party animal (I wouldn't know if he was or not) but that would have sidelined Johnny Football even if that guy had NFL talent which he didn't. The guy was a king in college playing against college sized players. Even I could tell he couldn't keep up his running gimmick in the NFL and that's without the attitude, discipline, and drug problems. Basically the guy put his efforts into the off the field activity and not the on the field stuff so unless Mayfield has a very poor work ethic he should 100% do better than he did.

The thing is ... ALL Oklahoma QBs put up monster stats, in fact, basically ALL BIG 12 QBs put up monster stats, so it's hard for me to put any stock in Mayfield yet.

I see the Manziel comparisons ... I do NOT see the Russell Wilson comps at all ... Wilson went to a Wisconsin team whose QBs NEVER put up big stats and into a league (BIG 10) where QBs almost never put up big stats ... and just dominated and wrecked that league.

Wilson was/is also a vastly superior athlete when compared to Mayfield ... he's much faster, quicker, stronger, etc.

Personally, I see a huge "bust" potential in Mayfield and will feel bad for the kid if he gets drafted by the Browns, or really any team that demands he be a team savior from Day 1 ... if on the other hand he can go to a team like the Saints or Chargers, sit the bench and learn from a HOF bound QB for 2 years, he could have a nice career. That's my two cents anyways.

The ONLY NCAA QB I think is 100% ready to start from Day 1 in the NFL next year is Josh Rosen and the ONLY guy I'm super high on in regards to his future in the NFL is Sam Darnold who I also think will start from Day 1, but he's more raw than Rosen ... he's got elite arm talent and physical gifts though so I think he'll be fine ... as long as he doesn't go to the Browns, hahaha.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The thing is ... ALL Oklahoma QBs put up monster stats, in fact, basically ALL BIG 12 QBs put up monster stats, so it's hard for me to put any stock in Mayfield yet.

I see the Manziel comparisons ... I do NOT see the Russell Wilson comps at all ... Wilson went to a Wisconsin team whose QBs NEVER put up big stats and into a league (BIG 10) where QBs almost never put up big stats ... and just dominated and wrecked that league.

Manziel shouldn't be compared to anybody. Other than Jamarcus Russell no other modern QBs have been as lazy and put in no effort to do anything to improve their game (or stay in the league) as Johnny Manziel. I'm surprised the dude didn't leave mid game to go to some party that he heard about rather than play for the Browns. In my opinion he shouldn't have even been called a football player but instead a frat boy playing in the NFL.