Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question The XFL coming back as the UFL?

http://dailysnark.com/breaking-vince...otball-league/

If Vince McMahon is, in fact, planning a reboot of the XFL, it may have a different name.

Amid rumors that the WWE CEO is interested in bringing back the defunct football league, Corey Jacobs of WrestlingNews.co reports McMahon’s Alpha Entertainment has registered for trademarks on URFL and UrFL. The trademarks were filed by K&L Gates, which is the law firm belonging to McMahon’s long-time attorney, Jerry McDevitt.

VKM Ventures, another one of McMahon’s companies, has also reportedly filed trademarks for UFL, United Football League, and “For the Love of Football.”
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    would be sick and now is the time to do. The nfl is not as it once was. I believe in Vince the man is innovative good luck to him.

The game of football would benefit greatly from a another league
    Check out my Collection!
    Hidden Content
    if the offer is right I will deal anything
    I am a collector of the New York JetsHidden Content

He'd be better off to look at a reboot of the USFL, in the spring

It would be interesting to see what he's learned from the XFL.
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    Shipping done on Saturdays for all Addresses
    ---
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Forest View Post
    would be sick and now is the time to do. The nfl is not as it once was. I believe in Vince the man is innovative good luck to him.

The game of football would benefit greatly from a another league
    Those who fail to remember history are doomed to repeat it--George Santayana.

The XFL failed in 2001 because of the simple fact that certain media types (i.e. Phil Mushnick) were fanning the flames against McMahon because of Attitude Era programming. They warned viewers away from the XFL, but, wouldn't you know? The NFL ultimately began using some of the camera innovations.....!

Wasn't there already a United Football League that also bought the farm? Sounds like Vince is doubling down on failure......
    "You can't have an oversight committee on stupidity!"--Woody Paige, "Around the Horn", 2/11/08

Vince McMahon sells $100M worth of WWE shares to help fund sports-focused company

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/2...ertainment-llc
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    ---
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Hope it would come back. I need a few more cards to finish master set of 2001

I think competition would be great for the NFL. The USFL football was a good idea when lead out by Dixon. Of course you had the NFL pressuring entities to not help the USFL along with owners who went crazy and made payroll go crazy. With that came good and bad as it brought some of the hottest names to the USFL game but at the same time made the team insolvent due to the crazy contract given when the fanbase, sponsorship, etc. was not there to support such a payroll. If anything I wish Vince the best in his endeavor to do this. It great to dream big and to make this a success would be a legacy like no other if it truly became a success.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

I'd LOVE to see a new XFL and believe the following would make for a very successful and watchable league right off the bat:

1. The season runs February-April or so, so it doesn't conflict with the NFL season at all.

2. Every team has a "name" QB, such as: TeBow, Kaepernick, RGIII, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Jonny Manziel, etc.

3. The league lets the guys the NFL has black-balled play, guys such as: Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, etc ... yes, they may be despicable humans but if they're not in jail they should be able to play the game of football if they're good enough.

4. Open the inaugural season with a league-wide draft ... maybe assign each team a "name" QB and then let the GM's of each team draft from a pool of every single player available.
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

FtrmUyVY.jpg

The issue that I see is there will be a ton of hype around this, but if the football sucks (like the XFL did) then no one will watch. You have to find the players that are willing to bolt from the NFL for more lucrative and fully guaranteed contracts.
    ---
    ---
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Quote Originally Posted by scottkoz20 View Post
    The issue that I see is there will be a ton of hype around this, but if the football sucks (like the XFL did) then no one will watch. You have to find the players that are willing to bolt from the NFL for more lucrative and fully guaranteed contracts.
    Yes, guaranteed contracts would be the easiest way for McMahon to poach NFL players ... but I'm not sure he'll offer those as the risk is so great. However, if he can get "name" QBs for each team, that will bring the viewers, and even if the rest of the rosters are filled with former NFL players and undrafted rookie free agents, the quality could still be high enough to keep those viewers ... besides, if the league runs during the NFL off-season, football fans will watch as it will be "the only game in town" anyways ... at least that's how I see it.
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast