Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not trolling. You said you wanted them to lose.

I do want them to lose for sure! I think a higher draft pick is more important than a meaningless late season win in a non-playoff season.

I can see playing all out for the win if you're 8-7 like the Cowboys were today as 9-7 gives you some momentum going into the next season, but if the Bucs win today they could drop all the way down to like the #11 pick ... if they lose they are guaranteed #5, so I definitely want them to lose.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm a little conflicted ... I sincerely wanted the Bucs to lose and get the #5 pick in the draft ... but ... that beautiful game-winning TD pass from Jameis gave him MORE TD PASSES THAN ANY QB IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL before the age of 24 ... Jameis is now #1 ALL-TIME in passing yards AND passing TDs before his 24th birthday ... awesome.

Anyways, the Bucs win only dropped them from #5 to #8, so while they will miss out on the best DE in Bradley Chubb, they could still draft the second best DE in Arden Key/Clellin Ferrel or the best guard in Quenten Nelson or the best tackle in Connor Williams, all of which are major "positions of need", which is cool.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots
    See zeke_at_bryant's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but this kid is not a good QB. He may have the Stats, but his decision making is awful, on and off the field. The Bucs will not win anything with him at QB.
    Always looking for Patriots Jerseys/Autos!

Hidden Content - For Trade / For Sale
    Hidden Content - Patriots PC

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but this kid is not a good QB. He may have the Stats, but his decision making is awful, on and off the field. The Bucs will not win anything with him at QB.

"Not a good QB"? Hahahahahahaha ... the guy who had the highest passer rating in the entire NFL in the past 4 games despite playing with no running game and a bad line?

The guy who had a higher completion percentage AND passer rating on the season than MVP candidate Russell Wilson, despite playing much of the year with an injured THROWING shoulder?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA ... you Jameis-bashers crack me up as you let your biases cloud your judgment ... do some actual research, look into the numbers, study QB history and historical QB data rather than just sling "opinions" as they don't mean anything.

If Jameis is "not a good QB" than Russell Wilson must be a bad QB and Carr and Dak must be terrible and Mariota better retire right now as he's just garbage ... sorry buddy but that sort of biased comment doesn't fly with me and just makes me laugh.

He won't ever ""win" eh? Sure ... he went 26-1 in college and won the title and when he left, the program fell apart without him.

He went to a 2-14 team and took them to 6-10 immediately as a 21 year old (Aaron Rodgers as like a 25 year old inherited a 13-3 team and then promptly went 6-10) ... Jameis then got this laughing stock of a team to 9-7 the next year ... this year he has MVP numbers in his healthy games and even with his injured throwing shoulder games figured in, he has some elite numbers.

As for his "decision making" ... he has NO RUNNING GAME and a bad line ... the entire offense is on his shoulders and every defense is keyed to stop him ... his team can't even stay competitive if he dinks and dunks and game-manages like Deke and Mariota and others with far better teams ... it's all on him ... and even with that, he still puts up elite level numbers.

As for "off-field" ... um, the guy has been a leader on the team and in the community since he was drafted, he's always doing charity work, going to schools on his offdays and the like ... he's not a partier, not a lazy worker, etc. Jason Licht, who worked with Tom Brady says Jameis is the greatest natural leader he's ever been around, and every teammate and coach he's ever had just loves him to death.

By the way ... Joe Namath was a wild man off the field and he's in the HOF, Ben Roethlisberger was accused of rape twice and has been known as a horrible teammate and a guy who doesn't care much about football ... and he has three AFC titles and 2 rings ... Brett Favre was a wild-child, drinker, partier, just all-around crazy guy and he retired #1 all-time in TDs and passing yards ... it doesn't matter. Jameis has elite level talent combined with elite level drive and determination ... I have no concerns with him at all.

By the way ... go and re-watch every Bucs play from the Falcons game on Monday Football two weeks ago ... you will never see better QB play from anyone ... of his non dropped passes and "clock spikes" he was 27-28 passing and he was NOT dinking and dunking but throwing lasers all over the field ... watch that game and you will see a kid with not just elite talent but the ability to play a complete elite game.

I've followed QBs for decades and I remember people absolute bashing Favre and saying he's never amount to anything ... I remember people saying Peyton Manning was a turnover machine (and he was) and that would cause him to flame out ... I remember when I invested in Kobe and being told I was insane as he was a problem child and would be out of the league by the end of his rookie contract ... all nonsense.

Have fun hating and trolling ... and watching Jameis' career over the next 15+ years as he sets record after record, retires as one of the all-time greats and 5 years later enters the Hall of Fame ...

Last edited by Jameis1of1; 12-31-2017 at 10:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

JAMEIS WINSTON'S third year just came to a close ... time to check some numbers:

Career Passing Yards: 11,636 - #1 ALL-TIME for passing yards by a QB before the age of 24

Career Passing TDs: 69 -
    #1 ALL-TIME for passing TD's by a QB before the age of 24

Completion Percentage:
    Improved in each year of his career
    Passing Yards Per Game:
    TD to INT Ratio:
    Passer Rating:

Fun Facts:

4,000 passing yard seasons: TWO - would've been 3 had he not missed 4.25 games this yr w/ injury

(Cam Newton, Derek Carr, Marcus Mariota and Dak Prescott have COMBINED to have just ONE 4,000 yard passing season in their 16 years of NFL football)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Jameis Winston
    just completed his season, having played his 45th career game
    (missed 3 games w/ a throwing shoulder injury)
    below is a statistical comparison between he, Peyton Manning and the two QBs he is most often compared to: Brett Favre and Ben Roethlisberger (and I'll thrown in the GOAT, Tom Brady and the Stat-King, Drew Brees, just for fun as well) through each of their first 45 career games:

FIRST 45 CAREER GAMES:

Jameis Winston (23 years old):
    939-1,544 (60.8%) - 11,636 pass yds, 69 TDs, 44 INTs, 87.2 passer rating

Peyton Manning (24 years old):
    955-1,591 (60.0%) - 11,666 pass yds, 80 TDs, 57 INTs, 84.5 passer rating

Ben Roethlisberger (25 years old):
    707-1,141 (62.0%) - 9,326 pass yds, 60 TDs, 46 INTs, 88.5 passer rating

Brett Favre (25 years old):

882-1,425 (61.9%) - 9,184 pass yds, 59 TDs, 48 INTs, 80.3 passer rating

Drew Brees (26 years old):
    835-1,367 (61.1%) - 9,156 pass yds, 58 TDs, 41 INTs, 82.5 passer rating

Tom Brady (26 years old):
    897-1,453 (61.7%) - 9,663 pass yds, 61 TDs, 38 INTs, 84.3 passer rating

No commentary is needed after viewing those numbers, but here's a little anyways just for fun ... Jameis has the second most passing yards, the second most TD passes, the third lowest interceptions thrown and the second highest passer rating of the above six sure-fire HALL OF FAME QBs through their first 45 career games ... despite being, by far, the youngest of the five QB's!

The above stats, and especially the fact that Jameis so much younger than all of the other great QBs and therefore has a massive "head start" in career stats, is why I honestly believe that, barring serious injury, by the time Jameis retires, he will obliterate the passing record books and be the NFL'S ALL-TIME LEADER in career passing yards AND touchdown passes!!

Last edited by Jameis1of1; 01-01-2018 at 04:10 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots

The amount of time you spent to spit out all those stats is hysterical. Your passion is not in question.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The amount of time you spent to spit out all those stats is hysterical. Your passion is not in question.

Thanks for the, sort of, compliment, hahaha :-)

Honestly, a "fun day" for me involves watching film of QBs throughout history and breaking down historical data ... I'm a true stats-geek. The above stats I posted relating to Jameis are nothing compared to all the stuff I have on my computer .... I've got stat comparisons between him and every single Super-Bowl era Hall of Fame QB and the like ... I may post more later.

I'm one of the "high IQ, low EQ", borderline anti-social, introverted, OCD people and I know I can come off as a know-it-all some times, but when I'm passionate about something, I do research it like crazy and then I like to defend my findings.

However, I also know that most people don't look into or really even care about the statistical breakdowns and comparisons and they simply want to share their opinions, have their own personal biases, and the like ... I do understand that, even if I forget it many times in the heat of a debate.

That said, I'm quite sure your opinion is shared by many ... I know full well that Jameis has a lot of detractors and just flat-out a lot of pure haters ... the young man is the most polarizing QB in the NFL today which is why in the eBay ad that displays my collection it says, "LOVE Him or HATE Him, JW is ICONIC" as he truly is ... people either love the guy or detest him ... he reminds me of Kobe Bryant, Floyd Mayweather ... even 2Pac in that way.

For right now, the Bucs are irrelevant and yet ESPN and other networks still spend a great deal of time talking about Jameis whenever even the most benign thing happens with him ... for example the speech he gave to a school on his off day ... or the so-called "tantrum" he threw after the refs gave the ball to Carolina despite Jameis coming out of the pile with it in his hands. The former would have been a complete non-issue with probably 99% of the players in the NFL and not have received a single second of coverage and the second would actually have been praised by most talking heads as a show of passion had it been most other QBs ... but the media knows Jameis is good for business as he's polarizing not just in the sports world but in the real world as well ... his name alone elicits emotion from people one way or another.

Anyways ... I expect the next 15+ years to be a wild ride for any Jameis fan, let alone a big-time investor in the young man as I am, as I can only imagine meltdown the talking heads will have if he ever throws 6 interceptions in a playoff game the way Brett Favre did, or gets to a Super Bowl and throws a pick six that costs his team the game as Peyton Manning did ... and if Jameis ever manages to actually win a ring, oh man, while his fans will go nuts and troll all his haters, the haters will probably come out in full force as well ... but for now, he's only 23 and while, statistically speaking, he has a massive head start in career passing yards over anyone that has ever played the game, he may not hit his prime for another 5-10 years, so I'm just having fun watching his career play out the same way I did with Favre and Manning in the NFL and Kobe in the NBA ... the ups and downs, failures and successes are fascinating for me to see play out ... but make no mistake, I am every bit as confident in Jameis' Hall of Fame future as I was in Manning's and much, much more confident in Jameis' HOF future than I ever was in Favre's and Kobe's through their first three years!

Have a great day and a blessed New Year!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

CLICK ON EACH OF THE BELOW STATISTICAL TABLES TO SEE THEM CLEARLY ...
    THESE ARE THE SORT OF BREAKDOWNS THAT MEDIA "TALKING HEADS" SHOULD DO ...
    BUT ARE TOO LAZY TO DO :-(

ENJOY!

@1__NCAA and ROOK STATS_3.JPG

@2__FIRST 45 GAMES and MODERN QB COMPARISONS_2.JPG

@3__14 SUPER BOWL ERA QB COMPS.JPG

@4__FUTURE HOF QB COMPS.JPG

JAMEIS WINSTON is the most statistically accomplished QB of his age in the history of football! The ONLY two QBs that are even close are Dan Marino, and Peyton Manning. However, EVERY OTHER QB in the history of the NFL, including ALL the QBs currently playing in the NFL have numbers that pale in comparison to Jameis' ... Jameis literally blows them ALL out of the water and has such a huge statistical head-start on every other QB in the NFL today that I still am as confident as ever that, barring serious injury, Jameis will retire #1 ALL-TIME in both career passing yards and passing TD's!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 01-03-2018 at 05:43 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots

Dan Marino had amazing stats for his era... but never won anything. And he seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. Stats are great, but in the long run, mean nothing. Marino is overlooked in most QB conversations because he never won a damn thing. At this point in his career, Jameis is headed for the same thing. Until he becomes a better decision maker, on and off the field, he will never be considered one of the greats. Not hating, just telling it like it is at this point.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast