Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Way too early to get excited!!! Lol.

I can't help it; I miss football! I love basketball but it's been a horribly boring year imho and I'm not all that interested in the playoffs until the Conference Finals and only then if it's Cleveland v. Philly and Houston v. Golden State ... and I'm not into baseball or hockey really at all ... I mean, I'll watch the Stanley Cup if Crosby's in it or if it's a Game 7 and I'll watch the World Series if the Angels or Nationals or Yankees are in it or if it's a Game 7, but other than that, football is the only sport I really find exciting nowadays.

I wish the draft was tomorrow ... I expect 4 QBs to go in the first 6 picks and 6 QBs to go in the first round, so it should be fun!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

What 6 ? Picked by whom? Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What 6 ? Picked by whom? Thanks

I believe the Browns at #1, Giants at #2, Jets at #3 and Bills (be it at #12 or if they move up to say #4 or #6) will all certainly draft QBs and those teams would get the top 4 QBs: Darnold, Rosen, Allen Mayfield.

I also believe Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph will get drafted in the 1st round, though predicting which team drafts either of those guys is more difficult. I could see Lamar Jackson going as high as #11 to the Dolphins and as low as #31 to the Patriots, though at present I have him mocked #15 to the Cardinals ... as for Rudolph I guess I could see him going as high as #11 to the Dolphins also and as low as to a team in the 2nd round, though I think the Cardinals, Ravens, Saints and Patriots are all potential landing spots in the 1st round for him as well.

To me, Rudolph is NOT a 1st round type of QB but is easily the 5th best QB in this draft, and therefore as I think the top 5 QBs will all be drafted by the #15 pick, I think one of the remaining 1st round teams will snag Rudolph or a team may even trade up from the 2nd round to get him.

The draft should be an extremely fun one to watch this year!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

Justin Herbert better than all except Mayfield and Lamar Jackson, they’re lucky he’s next years draft

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

Not surprised at Jameis’ boy getting raided by police either....runs in culture at FSU....sad really

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Justin Herbert better than all except Mayfield and Lamar Jackson, they’re lucky he’s next years draft

Mayfield and Lamar Jackson are widely considered the 4th and 5th best QBs in this draft ... and from what I've heard the only two QB's that will even be drafted in the 1st round next year are Missouri's Drew Locke and Michigan's Shea Patterson. I've never heard of Herbert and I know he's not getting any draft buzz, but who knows ... Josh Allen came out of nowhere 2 years ago, so you never know ...

Not surprised at Jameis’ boy getting raided by police either....runs in culture at FSU....sad really

I'm not an FSU fan at all ... even in college I'm fan of players and not "teams" ... next year I plan to follow the Hawaiian QB at Bama and Stanford's RB Bryce Love but I couldn't really care less about the Bama and Stanford "teams" either.

However, ALL colleges have problems, see Penn State and the recent FBI probe into various Hoops programs ... and here's an article from the last college football season about your Oregon Ducks and two of their players being arrested: https://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...rrested-110316 ... and here's another from just last week about another of the Oregon Ducks players getting arrested: http://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/o...d-charged-duii

I've told you before ... trolling doesn't work on me and just makes you look silly, but continue on if it makes you happy ... whatever floats your boat I guess.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Many in the media are starting to catch on to just how good Jameis actually was last year, despite his team's poor record thanks in large part to having one of the worst running games in the NFL and by far the worst defense in the NFL ... it's amazing what media talking heads can learn when they actually do some legitimate research instead of just staring at the league standings.

Stat guru Chase Stuart of the awesome FootballPerspective.com website just dropped an article calling Jameis the most underrated QB of 2017 and detailing how he was elite despite his team's horrible record.

READ: http://www.footballperspective.com/j...l-2017-season/

I don't trust Tampa's organization as outside of a few years when they had a defense stacked with HOF'ers, they've been pretty horrendous, but I am cautiously optimistic that after trading for Jason Piere Paul, signing Vinny Curry and drafting Viti Vea, there defense will at least be better than dead last ... and after also signing Ryan Jensen and drafting Ronald Jones, that there run game will at least be average, and if there defense and running game can just be average, their dynamic passing game could carry the team the rest of the way to a winning record as it did in 2016.

Man, I wish the season started tomorrow! I'm excited to see the rookie QB's, Saquon, toting the rock, Wentz's and Deshaun Watson's return from injury, Gruden coaching the Raiders, etc., etc., etc., ... bring on some NFL football!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Isn't there still a chance he gets suspended to start the season?
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Isn't there still a chance he gets suspended to start the season?

With Roger Goodell, sure, there's always a chance, as Goodell doesn't need proof of any wrong doing to issue suspensions.

I honestly don't think the possible suspension matters ... it would obviously hurt the Bucs W/L record this year but I don't think anyone is expecting the team to make the playoffs this year anyways as the NFC is loaded with quality teams and the Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Packers, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks, Lions and Cowboys are all expected to have better team records than the Bucs... that's 10 teams right there in a league where only 6 teams make the playoffs. So, if Jameis is suspended willy-nilly by Goodell for any amount of time, I believe the team will just treat it as if he were injured for those games, go about their business and keep building for the future.

However, I will say that I sort of doubt he gets suspended even one game, as no police report was filed, no civil claim was ever filed, there is no evidence against Jameis, and the only eye witness speaking has confirmed Jameis side of events and stated that the accuser was lying. This said, all there is, is a 100% unsubstantiated accusation akin to some grocery clerk saying he say Tom Brady turn into a reptilian and eat a dog in an alley behind the grocery store ... I don't think Goodell can afford to set a precedent where he suspends a player based on nothing more than a completely unsubstantiated accusation, lest he open the floodgates and tons of unsubstantiated allegations start pouring in against players on every team.

Anyways, if you're interested, two articles I wrote on this subject were published and make for an interesting read; they are below:

Article One: https://allthingsbuccaneers.com/2018/04/23/atb-special-why-the-nfl-cannot-suspend-jameis-winston/

Article Two: https://allthingsbuccaneers.com/2018/04/24/edit-me/

Finally, just as I believe the team would treat any suspension as a mere injury and continue simply building for the future, I also don't believe a suspension, even a maximum 6 game one, will affect Winston's next contract at all. It's a poorly kept secret in Tampa that the Bucs have every intention of offering Jameis the richest contract in NFL history in the near future and a willy-nilly suspension based on an unsubstantiated accusation won't change that at all imho.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast