Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

This product to me sounds like a gamble. The price point is probably pretty high.
    Last edited by Meercat; 12-30-2017 at 12:51 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like the high end product, but my wallet prefers the sets lol....I think I would be upset with myself if I spent $200/box for a swatch card....just me. At some point the hunt becomes off tilt doesn't it? When does the high end box of 1 card bubble pop?

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This product to me sounds like a gamble. The price point is probalby pretty high.

All boxes are a gamble. It just comes to each consumer price point they can tolerate.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

All boxes are a gamble. It just comes to each consumer price point they can tolerate.

Don

I guess. But certain products does not leave me feeling violated after having opened them. I bought two boxes of last years Ice, and ended up with squat, pretty much. The same with four plus boxes of ultimate. Any two random boxes of series one would not have left me with the same feeling. In both cases I took a gamble. I wont be making that mistake again, needless to say.

It comes down to expectations i guess. Certain products are more "safe" in my opinion, in the sense that you know what to expect. High end products are in that regard more of a gamble, since you pretty much rely on the quality of the hits. Sure busting wax is a gamble when it comes down to it, but the more you pay, the higher the fall, if you get my drift.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I guess. But certain products does not leave me feeling violated after having opened them. I bought two boxes of last years Ice, and ended up with squat, pretty much. The same with four plus boxes of ultimate. Any two random boxes of series one would not have left me with the same feeling. In both cases I took a gamble. I wont be making that mistake again, needless to say.

It comes down to expectations i guess. Certain products are more "safe" in my opinion, in the sense that you know what to expect. High end products are in that regard more of a gamble, since you pretty much rely on the quality of the hits. Sure busting wax is a gamble when it comes down to it, but the more you pay, the higher the fall, if you get my drift.

I agree but your logic can be reversed as UD Ice is a big time risk. You ended up with squat but if you had pulled a cr out of 99 of a good player you would could make up for many boxes of squat.

I am more safe as you say when it comes to buying cards as a I wait for the product after release as the majority drop in price. Since I do not look to flip I do not mind buying older product. Hence, I protect my fall.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

They mentioned it as a spin off of Topps Dynasty which is $400 a pack...

Ugh. Topps Dynasty is garbage. Why would they need to spin something off from that trash? At least pick a successful product to ripoff.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays Philadelphia Eagles

so you spend 200+ for a pack, in hopes to get, well lord stanley, or whatever else, but how do you fee after you've busted a pack or two, and get a P.K. Subban patch card? that you could of gotten from any other high end collection for 40-60$? nothing against Subban, just like ™™™.... 1 card and you could get a karlsson Auto?....

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree but your logic can be reversed as UD Ice is a big time risk. You ended up with squat but if you had pulled a cr out of 99 of a good player you would could make up for many boxes of squat.

I am more safe as you say when it comes to buying cards as a I wait for the product after release as the majority drop in price. Since I do not look to flip I do not mind buying older product. Hence, I protect my fall.

Don

I agree. However even if you don't hit a IP 99 you can be OK with a box. For example 14-15 Ice is a good example of a good product where you can bust a few boxes, not hit a sp and still feel OK. There is a value there regardless. I don't perceive 16-17 Ice the same way. I don't look at making money when opening boxes, I don't sell cards. But one would expect some basic value when buying a product.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I actually like this idea as long as the cards all remain short-printed (which seems to be the case based on the preview), and they include only star/well-known players. I don't mind cracking a product like this and getting a player I don't collect if I know that I can easily trade this card for one I need.

There is nothing worse than opening a product like The Cup or Ultimate only to be rewarded with cards of Andy Wozniewski and Jaroslav Balastik. I realize that not everyone is getting McDavid, Crosby, Matthews or Gretzky but if I'm pulling a short print of Mike Bossy, Luc Robitaille or some other notable player then I feel a little better knowing that I have a card that will be the centerpiece of another person's collection, not something that will eventually turn up on COMC for $1.50.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Lord Stanley Cut Auto, anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

Nice, I'm kinda partial to the Maurice Richard Signature Handles 1 of 1. Either card however would be a huge win/win in anyone's books.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast