Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: IP Autographs

SCF Rewards
    Country

IP Autographs

In anticipation of baseball season, I am starting this thread for everyone to share some tips and tricks that they use for graphing in person. Any information would be appreciated!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A friend of mine (who I consider a guru of in-person graphing) will engage the player in conversation regarding something they learned about them, or read in an article or on a card, or about their hometown. While engaged in conversation, they will tend to hang out and talk and sign lots of cards without even noticing, rather than 1 and done. I've witnessed this a bunch of times and seen lots of 1 per guys do a full page for him (and me when I'm beside him and lucky).

Also, I switched from chasing major league games and spring training to minor league spring training and regular season. Guys are nicer, more chatty, and more willing to sign. Also, between Bowman Draft, Bowman Prospects, Elite Extra, Topps Pro Debut, and Topps Heritage Minors, many of the guys have regular mainstream cards out by the time they are in Low A/High A/AA. Also some of the team issued sets are nice and contain cards of guys who don't have a mainstream card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also like minor league better than MLB. I have only done a couple of Braves games, but it is a lot more stressful than a AA game. Plus my hometown team is VERY supportive of autograph seekers!!