Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: My Long Rambling Rant

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Boston Red Sox Notre Dame Fighting Irish

My Long Rambling Rant

I hadnt collected cards in a million years(ish). A friend of mine offered me about 8000 cards for an astronomically low price,and I mean LOW. I took them even though obviously lots were Score and Pro Set and I knew those wouldnt sell. But there were about 1000 or so inserts from the 90s and early 2000s, and they were in mint mint shape so I thought I could maybe make a buck or two.

Well,even though I sell at what I believe is the lowest price or close to the lowest prices on here and ebay, Im beyond disappointed and any interest is long gone replaced by disgust. I had some decent deals on here and a few people benefitted from my low prices and huge return value in exchange for Tyson Jost cards. But overall, it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. I get asked to put a price on something (in the last month when I just quit caring), and its lowlow, Im talking if it Becketts between say 6 and 15 dollars I will charge 1 dollar, and thats for a perfect card. Or Ill package up 30 cards that might Beckett at say 100-180 dollars and Ill charge 15 dollars for all of them,.,...and people still push for lower prices, asking to pay 5 dollars for all the cards. Its beyond clear I sell insanely low priced and they just push it. Its gross,embarrassing. I feel embarrassed for them. Oh, this wasnt just a 90sand 2000s cards thing this happened with, I had plenty of 2017-18 and it happened with those also, in case anyone tries to say no one wants 90s and 2000s cards

Anyways, obviously I wont be selling or buying or trading on here or anywhere else anymore.Im hoping I can get an admin to shut down my account if its possible. And these cards,...Im literally so disgusted by what I see in this"hobby" that Im throwing all the cards in a barrel and burning them tomorrow.

Im sure most people on this site and in cards are ok, but there are some genuine scumbags. And Id rather watch cards burn than deal with that anymore

admins---delete this account if possible---thanks

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That the thing you can not let a few bad apples on here ruin your experience. It the sad state of affairs everyone wants a deal. if you felt you were being offered to low you should have told them no and waited for someone that was happy to pay the $15 dollars. If you really wanted put them on Comc or ebay as dealer lots and selling them. You would probably get about 10 percent and could include some junk.

If your seriously going to burn them why not donate them or give them to some kids that can not afford Cards. Include a Beckett and you might stoke a kid to collect card. To me that better than burning Cards imo.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I checked out your threads. The ones I saw didn't have prices listed so I think it's reasonable to expect low-ball starting offers. You even said in there that you were accepting low offers on them, asking for any type of offer.

Sorry to hear you weren't able to make money on your return to the hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Simple solution , stop whining and deal with the ppl you like . Every aspect of life including hobbies have ppl you will not get along with or see eye to eye with

PS : If your trying to sell stuff now a days throw your beckett in the barrel instead of the cards
    Last edited by thehip66; 01-02-2018 at 09:49 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

So hold on a second. You're mad because you bought thousands of cards that nobody wants and now you cant get rid of them and that's our fault?

Second as mentioned above you need to throw away your beckett as its literally garbage. They have early 2000's and 1990's cards priced as if it were that year and not adjusted for 2018.

Third, it looks like you are trying to get rid of a lot of low end stuff. Low end stuff is very hard to move especially if its not from the past few years and even if it is there's a lot of junk out there.

Your post isn't even clear on what happened. You referenced Beckett which no one uses. Mistake #1. Expecting to make money on cards. Mistake #2. You're expecting to get rid of "junk" cards that are worth a $1 or $2 easily. Mistake #3. Why did you buy a bunch of cards that you don't want?
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Boston Red Sox Notre Dame Fighting Irish

So hold on a second. You're mad because you bought thousands of cards that nobody wants and now you cant get rid of them and that's our fault?

Second as mentioned above you need to throw away your beckett as its literally garbage. They have early 2000's and 1990's cards priced as if it were that year and not adjusted for 2018.

Third, it looks like you are trying to get rid of a lot of low end stuff. Low end stuff is very hard to move especially if its not from the past few years and even if it is there's a lot of junk out there.

Your post isn't even clear on what happened. You referenced Beckett which no one uses. Mistake #1. Expecting to make money on cards. Mistake #2. You're expecting to get rid of "junk" cards that are worth a $1 or $2 easily. Mistake #3. Why did you buy a bunch of cards that you don't want?

listen Captain Holier than Thou. Read the whole post and it says there are newer cards involved. My issue was I was charging around 5 to 10% of LOW B eckett prices (really think how low that is),then people would offer substantially lower than that, which is embarrassing. No one uses Beckett hey? Its just a magical mysterious online thing that not a single person on the planet uses according to your holiness you. I bought the cards cause mybuddy was in a tough spot and needed money.

Did I say its "your" fault, or anyones on here? All Im stating is that there seems to be some real losers on here (please put yourself in that category).

meh Im done typing, waste of time. Youre an arrogant ™™™.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

OK we're done here. @jfreed you're welcome to avoid causing further drama on a message board you've said you're prepared to leave.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content