Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Person Autographs

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Tampa Bay Rays Tampa Bay Lightning NULL

In Person Autographs

Can anyone tell me a good way to hold cards to get them signed? Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

I use a sketch book and painters tape. Roll the tape up so it's double-sided and stick it to the back of the card, then stick it wherever you want in the book. I have tried photo corners, but I like this method better.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've seen a lot of people do what Rolltide mentioned above. I personally use photo corners on all corners of the cards, but sometimes the corners get a bit dinged up when putting them into the book.

Having them in a book makes it easier to sign, and also guys tend to sign more when you present them that way. If they look at them then look at you, I always ask them to please sign whatever they have time for.

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

If I'm trying to get multiple cards signed I'll use photo corners. I find players sign more when they can do it quickly. But now I pretty much only do MLB and stick to 1 per person so I just keep them in a small plastic case.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I use a three ring binder

Plastic subject dividers

And 3M poster tabs

I put six poster tabs per sheet, and it holds six cards like this...

Corners don't get dinged. No residue from the poster tabs. The only disadvantage is that when it's super hot (think July baseball game in AZ), the tabs are less sticky, and the cards might not stay in place. But, that's pretty rare.
    Last edited by CardsAndPhils; 01-20-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just throwing this out there as I never done it but no it always nice to be organized for efficiency when chasing autographs.

Would it be possible to take a 9 sleeve binder and put the cards in and then get them signed like that if you had the windows for the auto. Basically, what one would do before is cut a window in where each card would go so that the majority of the card is available to sign. This would prevent any corner dings at all. Just a thought.
    @joshs1 Good luck with your in person autograph chasing.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just throwing this out there as I never done it but no it always nice to be organized for efficiency when chasing autographs.

Would it be possible to take a 9 sleeve binder and put the cards in and then get them signed like that if you had the windows for the auto. Basically, what one would do before is cut a window in where each card would go so that the majority of the card is available to sign. This would prevent any corner dings at all. Just a thought.
    @joshs1 Good luck with your in person autograph chasing.

DON

I have seen others do it like this, and tried it myself a couple times, too. The biggest problem I noticed is that when cutting a window for the face of the card, the integrity of the page is compromised, which leads to the cards moving around and falling out of the page VERY easily. I will occasionally still do this if I have more cards than pages, but this is a last resort method for me.

One other reminder (which most people know, but a lot of newcomers DON'T know... Don't forget to powder or rub your cards, otherwise the auto will not stick, or at the very least the ink will bubble.
    Last edited by CardsAndPhils; 01-20-2018 at 09:34 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots

I've always use photo corners, but the downside is that after much use, the corners fall apart, and the corners of cards sometimes get compromised.

In terms of prepping cards, I use a high polymer eraser. Haven't had much of an issue using them. I lightly erase the surface of the card, and I use a cloth to wipe off any eraser shavings.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have seen others do it like this, and tried it myself a couple times, too. The biggest problem I noticed is that when cutting a window for the face of the card, the integrity of the page is compromised, which leads to the cards moving around and falling out of the page VERY easily. I will occasionally still do this if I have more cards than pages, but this is a last resort method for me.

One other reminder (which most people know, but a lot of newcomers DON'T know... Don't forget to powder or rub your cards, otherwise the auto will not stick, or at the very least the ink will bubble.

Thanks for the reply.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

I've found that only some of the older Chrome cards require prepping. Everything else, including current chrome cards, I don't prep. But I'm sure it depends on what pen you use. Sharpie doesn't stick nearly as well as Staedtler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast