Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

My Inventory login issue is now fixed in version 1.0.0.4 that I just uploaded. Please read!

My Inventory version 1.0.0.4

Change: added a remember check box on the login form.

If you are using the SCF Inventory application. Since the summer, member started to complain about having to login all the time. I could not figure out. Lately I spend a few days reading and debugging the application and finally figured out the issue. When the owner upgraded the Main server with a SSL certificate (HTTPS://), what happened is as soon as a person log off from the server, the cookie value where set differently when they were created again. A parameter called secure was set to TRUE by vBulletin. Mainly it was set so the second server that does not have the SSL certificate, could not see the cookie value.

I did not want to modify vBulletin code as with the next upgrade the change would have go away and often we forget to redo those small changes.

So what I did, I added a remember me check box in the login page of the inventory application. Make sure next time you log in to check the box.

Now if you log out from the forum, you will remain log in in My inventory.
    If you log out from my Inventory it will log you out from the forum as well.
    Login back into the forum will not log you back into my Inventory. You will need to log in again.
    when you log in My inventory during the same session (same tab within a browser) you will access the forum. but a new tab or new browser window will not.
    If you log in both and leave remember me check, it should never ask you to login in either application.

Also this behavior is based on the fact you check remember in both application each time you log in.

Sorry for all the inconvenience it cause to certain member. I know my code was not at fault, in fact it's a combinaison of vBulletin code and the new SSL certificate added on the main server that caused the issue and this is why I had a lot of trouble to figure it out. But I do have a hard head and finally nail it down. If you experience any issue other then the behavior I just mention prior please let me know.

@TyrantsASupremeBeing
    @opulent jupiter @patriotsguy @Goose97 @Iheartjacquie @CanadianCards @scottkoz20
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 01-05-2018 at 07:58 PM.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect