Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Burbank Sportscards Story and Finds!

I’ve got a story to share. So, we all know (I’m assuming so at least) about Burbank Sportscards and their “pricing” of cards. I’ve bought from them online since the early days of Beckett.com and found a lot of cards from them. I’ve over-paid on plenty and even managed to score a few for lower than what they had the cards listed for. I live about two hours north of Burbank but have never ventured south to go into the store in person.

Last year, my brother-in-law started getting curious about baseball cards after he started following the San Francisco Giants in 2014. So, I answered his questions about cards and collecting, even giving him a “general” rundown of the hobby and the changes it’s undergone over recent years.

I told him about Burbank and he said we should go sometime. Well, for my birthday, he decided we should drive down and check out the shop. I admit I didn’t know what to expect. I read some reviews online and there were some bad experiences shared. I braced myself.

I am happy to share that our experience was not only fun but worth the drive and we will be going again. We spent a couple of hours looking through the .50 boxes and below you’ll find what I picked up. I only made it through a few of the boxes, so I’m excited to go back and see their updated inventory. The owner gave us a tour of the warehouse and was more than cordial and his staff was just as helpful.

1995-96 Collector's Choice Player's Club Michael Jordan & 1996-97 E-X2000 Star Date 2000 Jason Kidd

1997-98 SkyBox Premium Autographics Ervin Johnson & 1998-99 E-X Century Generation E-X Antawn Jamison

1998-99 UD Ionix Kinetix Antawn Jamison & 1998-99 SPx Finite Radiance Matt Harpring (#'d /1500)

1999-00 Upper Deck HoloGrFX AUSome Baron Davis & 1999-00 Metal Scoring Magnets Ray Allen

1999-00 SPx Richard Hamilton AU/2500 RC – Redemption & 2003-04 UD Glass Crystal Jamal Mashburn (#'d /100)

2004-05 Topps Luxury Box 300 Amare Stoudemire (#'d /300)

2007-08 Topps Letterman Refractors Gerald Wallace (#'d /99) & 2007-08 Topps Letterman Refractors Gilbert Arenas (#'d /99)

And the best find of the day!!!

2003-04 Fleer Focus Numbers Decade Cuttino Mobley (#'d /10)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Rice Owls Washington State Cougars Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
    Twitter: @never on this See Unfairtr8drsgo2he11's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: My traders on Flickr

Nice!!
    I was down in Burbank a few years ago on business and stopped in before heading home. Talking to the owner and explained I was out of town and he gave me a tour of the warehouse as well. That warehouse is something to behold!!
    everyone was very gracious. I have bought from them online numerous times. class establishment in my opinion.